“In the Heart of All Things Eatable”

Carvi Hotel New York
Ranked #241 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I absolutely loved staying at the Carvi Hotel. I reserved a room in the back; it was quite peaceful and looked exactly like the photos on the website. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming.

Continental breakfast isn't served at his location, but why should they when there are specialty restaurants and fast food chains within 2 to 10 minutes away. They do have items in the refrigerator that you can but, but you have other options that I've pointed out.

There are many places to shop as well, H&M, Bloomingdales etc. The subway line E and 6 train are a hop and a skip away. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for it. It's a great location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear M B,

Thanks for the review! I hope you got around to trying PJ Clarkes; the Cadillac burger is to die for!

See you next time!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had four nights at the Carvi great location close to central park, 5th avenue times square, we walked practically everywhere including from staten island ferry terminal back to the hotel, super helpful staff, very clean and very quiet, it was such a relief to get back to the haven that is the carvi after accidently walking through times square!! Our room was 302 which had no windows and was very quiet never heard any street or elevator noise at all.
Midtown diner across the street great food two good bars Pig and Whistle & PJ clarkes literally minutes away. What more could you want?

Thank you Carvi you exceed all our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear scoobz1,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We share your feelings about Times Square...it can take forever to make your way through the maze of people! It is amazing nonetheless. Hope you had as good of a time in New York as much as at Carvi!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just got back from a week in New York and would definitely recommend staying at the Carvi Hotel. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. (Thanks once again Greg for sorting out the flowers for my wife's birthday and accommodating our late check out) The rooms are clean and tidy with flat screen TV with cable with the additional bonus of free WiFi. Bathroom had what I can only describe as one of the most powerful showers I've had in a hotel room - brilliant after a full day sightseeing. Our room was on the 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel and was really quite for a city center hotel room. The view from was the back of an office building but that was fine as we were there to tour the city not look out of a window. Location was great for us 10-15min from Times Square and 10min from Central Park. Loads of places to eat (Would recommend PJ Clarkes, appox 1 min 3rd & 55th or Smith and Wollensky about 10 mins walk 3rd & 49th)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KeithBLV

Dear KeithBLV,

Thank you for taking a minute to leave us such a great review! I will certainly pass along the message to Greg; I know it will make him happy to hear that he made your wife's birthday better!

See you next time!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here because of the location, and was pleasantly surprised how quiet the hotel was. the room has basic, but clean stuff. not luxurious, not fancy, but a decent stay in a central location. the best part was the friendly staff. no breakfast is offered at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Natasha P

Dear Newmelodia,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations! We are revamping our rooms this summer so check back in the fall so we can exceed your new expectations!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

it was my first trip to new York, I was on my own & it was my 50th birthday to celebrate aswell. im glad I stayed at the CARVI HOTEL, staff & service from the moment I checked is was brilliant, the room was clean & tidy with maid cleaning every day, the staff helped with any issues reguarding sightseeing & arranged my helicopter flight for me on my birthday (that is a must do) I like it quiet when im sleeping & had no trouble sleeping with little traffic outside my window. it took about 15minutes to walk to time square & there were sub-ways everywere if needed, bars, restaurants & shops all close bye, I will be staying here again when I go back..

Ian Hodges Ross-On-Wye

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ian h
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Ian,

First off, a belated Happy Birthday! Your review is one of my favorites that I have ever read. Staff going above & beyond for our guests is why we do what we do. I am so happy to hear that we were able to make such a special birthday even more special.

Hope to see you again when you visit New York!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We choose the hotel because it was one with the better prices when we were looking, and actually there was a fantastic choice. Staff were attentive, helpful and extremely friendly, specially with us that we were travelling with our 11 months baby. The room was absolutely quiet at night and although the hotel doesn't have restaurat, they gave us a list of a lots of restaurants nerby, and the do have room service!
The location was fantastic, just a few blocks from Central Park and 3 metro lines were around the corner.
We definetly will come back here if we return to NY.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MariaJoseY

Dear MariaJoseY,

Thank you for the amazing review! It makes me so happy to hear that our staff made your trip much less stressful. Traveling with a child can be such a hassle so I'm glad your trip wasn't ruined!

See you next time,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just back from a fantastic stay in The Carvi Hotel NY.
As accommodation goes in NY out room was spacious, immaculately clean and very comfortable.
Staff were attentive, helpful and extremely friendly.
Excellent bars and restaurants in the area. PJ Clarkes & Pig and Whistle were our favourites. Super area of the sity to stay in - close to everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank orlasue
Victor P, Owner at Carvi Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear orlasue,

Thank you so much for the great comments! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in New York and with us! PJ Clarke's is one of our favorites too...