Hotel 31
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$224
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
1,634 results
All reviewsshared bathroomthe empire state buildingprivate bathnew yorksubway stationdouble bedrooms are smalllexington avetimes squarefew blockscentral locationmajor attractionsthe air conditioninglocation is greatsinkcosimanhattan
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I travelled to New York solo so wanted to be in the middle of Manhattan with easy access to all the big attractions. Travelling on a budget, I could not have found a better place to stay and I would gladly return.

The staff are very friendly and there is always someone on reception - very safe place to stay. The hotel is very clean, rooms are cleaned daily and the shared bathrooms are spotless. I was very hesitant about using shared bathrooms but everyone kept them tidy and they were also cleaned daily.

The room I had was bigger than expected. I had a double room which came with a hairdryer, safe, TV and plenty of space to store luggage.

Park Avenue is one avenue down and has plenty of places to grab some food, there is also a pizza restaurant 2 doors down from the hotel and a BBQ place across the road. It is a very conveniant location.

About a 10 minute walk brings you to Times Square... I only used the room to sleep in as I was out constantly but it was perfect!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank resa123
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Like a European hotel, some rooms in this one share bathrooms, but the place is quiet, clean and very convenient to mid town Manhattan. The rooms are small, but it is possible to request two twin beds instead of a double (for a slight increase in price). I thought it exceptionally good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Juliaink
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We recently stayed one week. The rooms were small yes but I didnt come to NYC to spend my time in a hotel room unless it was to sleep. Sheets were clean. Great Flat screens TVs. We stayed in a shared bathroom room. I was so surprised as to how clean the bathroom area was, tub and floor. The only setback was that one night it rained really hard and the noise was extremely loud against the window and the A/C unit. The staff were always helpful in regards to directions and where the best deals were. Location is excellent, a short 15 minute walk to Times Square and right in front of the Empire State Building, Subway Line 6 is conveniently located on the next corner. Really surprised at how great the stay was, would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The room was extremely small and the window was in front of a wall, so that the room was always dark and you could not really feel fresh air. On the other hand the location is central, the price is very low and the cleaning is working well. The staff is really helpful and can give complete information about activities and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The management is trying hard here, and it shows. The lobby is recently remodeled. My room, on the 6th floor had its own bathroom (with a step up to it) but not all do—so take care if this is a problem for you. The room wasn't big by suburban chain hotel standards, but was not small either.

There were reports of bedbugs here, so I looked. To my pleasant surprise there were plastic enclosures around the mattress and box spring—and no sign of critters.

The hotel is decently located in terms of public transit as well as being in a neighborhood that wasn't scary at night. The TV didn't have a million channels, but you're in New York. Why are you watching TV?

Caveat: the elevator is small. Really small. I never had to wait real long for it, but I also had to squish in a bit if anyone else was riding.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family