“Good value”
Review of Hotel 31

Hotel 31
Ranked #225 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I like both this hotel and the sister Hotel 17. Everything is very clean and the hotels are very well located. Nothing spectactular, but a very good value. Staff was pleasant and we will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Tommy M

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Recently stayed here with my girlfriend for two nights. In terms of value, for about $100. a night in the heart of one of the greatest cities in the world, the hotel is tough to beat ! Staff at the front desk were very helpful with getting around the city and just about any information we needed. They were also very professional and patient when I first arrived and my manners were less than ideal. It took little time to get comfortable and enjoy being in such a great place. There's plenty of good delis, restaurants and pubs within a short walk. It was pretty awesome to walk back to the hotel after a late night dinner viewing the illuminated top floors of the Empire State and Chrysler buildings. Rooms were small but probably average for NYC; beds were very good. Shared bathrooms were about the cleanest I have seen anywhere. Two nights was a short time to experience New York. Hopefully, we'll have the chance to return soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked this hotel on Booking.com next time I'll use hotels website.Good location,less than $200 for 2 nights,private bath on Superbowl weekend. Quiet,clean what more could you want in this price range?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sligo11
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I do not write reviews too often but I felt this hotel needed to be reviewed. We arrived to NYC early so I called to see if we could check in early. The person that answered the phone was extremely pleasant and said we could check in early. He also gave us directions from Grand Central to the hotel ( a nice easy walk down Park Ave). When we arrived I asked for an upgrade if possible since we had 2 beds and shared bathroom. We were immediately upgraded to one bed and private room. Everyone we encountered were helpful and polite. The lobby wash all but I loved the old fashioned feel to it. The elevator was small but again I loved the vintage feel to it. The room was very clean and the view of the Empire State Building outside our bathroom window was gorgeous. The only complaint I had with the room included no ice on the floor..it's in the lobby and we were unable to control the heat. The heater made it stuffy in the room but nothing unbearable. I was happy to have the private bathroom, but walking past the floor bathroom I noticed it was very clean. I think we saw one other couple on our floor the entire time so I am sure the bathrooms are easy to share. If you are looking for a quaint, old fashioned hotel with great staff and a great location this is your place. I would absolutely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Jacqueline R
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in November. We opted for shared bathroom which wasn't a problem at all and were lovely and clean!! Hotel has a lovely feel to it, just what we imagined a quaint little hotel in New York would be like!! We stayed in room 410 and could see the Empire State Building from our bed, looked fab all lit up at night!! Hotel is in a great location too, walking distance to Times Square and theres a subway two streets away if u didn't want to walk!! Staff were all really helpful too. All in all our stay was spot on and we would definitely stay at Hotel 31 again!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lucy D
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013, I wasn't sure how I will like it because they have bathrooms on the floors but I was looking for something with good location, clean, cheap, with good reviews, really just to sleep in since I had 2 busy days in NYC and I was really happy, it wasn't busy so didn't have a problem using bathroom when I needed to, it was REALLY clean, cleaner than most 2 or 3 * hotels, my room was tiny but with sink and again really clean and the staff was really nice and helpful, I could check in earlier and leave my luggage there during the day when I was checking out. They even called Broadway theater for me because I wasn't sure if there is a dress code.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Pavla2013
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Metro just around the corner and it was easy to get there from JFK Airport. At the same time it was very close to good shopping areas and you could easely walk to Times Square and Grand Central Station.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Louisesiv