“Ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo.”
Review of Hotel 31

Hotel 31
Ranked #223 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Bologna, Italy
“Ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I do recomend 31 Hotel for a nice staying in NY. It's located in a good area, close to many interesting sites, also the metro. I enjoyed a lot the tiny ramen place on the right at the corner and the breakfast place on the opposite corner on the left. The price is worth the quality that I'd give a grade of 8/10. Good memories at all! The bathrooms were always cleaned. Only the staff at the floor weren't helpful and seemed didn't speak english. Good job!

Room Tip: una doppia può essere veramente piccola, io ne ho provate due quindi è auspicabile specificare nel c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank semperfra1979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a small room on the eigth floor. Every day the maid cleaned our room and changed towels and also bathrooms/WC in the hall were clean. Location was great there is Chipotle and subway 2mins away. Only the wi-fi was driving me crazy. Weak or no connection and only on some "special" spots in the room. At night there was some noice from the AC but I´m a light sleeper. Location was great there is Chipotle and subway 2mins away. Other than that I enjoyed the stay :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PragueFoxy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hotel 31 and I would book again on a return trip.

The cost is as good as you will find, the beds are comfortable - great pillows - and the shower (we had a private bathroom but not all rooms do) was good.

The 33rd St subway station on line 6 (one stop from Grand Central) is just around the corner and the smart Cosi Cafe a few metres away does a great breakfast.

The main moan would be that the hotel WiFi (which is freely available) is painfully slow and secondly, the receptionist advised us to hail a cab on the street rather than book us a taxi to Penn Station. It's a short walk but we wanted it because rain was torrential - unfortunately after waiting in the rain a while we found no cab would take us so we had to walk anyway. I assume the receptionist knew this but didn't advise which was a shame.

But all in all, the good value and comfort you get make this well worth the stay.

Room Tip: We had one with two double beds and a private bathroom facing the main street.
2 Thank benfolley
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for a week in April and we got we expected: a no frills hotel in a convenient location.

I'm not one to complain at all but we did have a few gripes: thin walls, a box room, pigeons landing on our air conditioning vent at all hours and the radiator making random creaking noises from time to time. That said, it was good value, the location was amazing (5 mins to Empire State), there is an AMAZING pizzeria about 50 yards away and it's a super-safe part of town.

We had a shared bathroom and it was free the majority of the time (always clean and tidy).

This hotel is perfect for people who don't need or expect luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel if you want something to look at! The small rooms are tiny...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ppath
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've never had a room that i paid for where i actually had to share the bathroom with others. After staying there, it really wasn't a big deal. I was only sharing with 1-2 other rooms. When you think about it, how often is someone really in the bathroom or shower? I didn't have any issues whatsoever with it.

The room was pretty much a room with a bed. I'd say the room was the size of a large walk-in closet. This made me realize that size doesn't really matter. I was in and out of the room all day and slept on a nice bed at night.

The building is as old-school as you can get from the cranky 2-person elevator to the decor, etc. But it was kind of refreshing to be in a super old building that was kept in pretty goods shape.

Location is awesome and it was the best priced hotel room i could find.

The manager was so kind as to let me use a vacant room to change out of my stuffy suit after i had checked out. Thank you!

I would recommend but not for an extended stay or for anyone searching for a cool or romantic atmosphere.

2 Thank Cueball123
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Enjoyed the stay. A friend and I shared the room. I really liked all the old woodwork in the building and the room. It is very reasonably priced and the location is a block from the subway, cabs were easy to catch and many restaurants nearby. Staff was very nice and always helpful, Housekeeping was wonderful. I would very definitely stay here again. Its not fancy like the big boys but very cozy and comfy.

Room Tip: we had a room with a bathroom. some rooms share one. we also had a wall of windows facing 31st. 8t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

3 Thank Robert H
New Englan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 4-10 and 4-11-2014. We were in a room that was supposedly a double sized room with private bath. The total bill was $550.00 for the two nights. The room was small, the beds were a bit hard. The room was clean and otherwise comfortable.
The hotel is definitely old. Shared bathrooms, old elevator, lots of dark wood.
The staff was friendly and helpful, parking was available right down the street. Parking cost $84.00 for two nights. The hotel is in a convenient location and the NYU Medical Center was within walking distance.
We felt that we would stay there again if we needed to go to the Medical Center.

2 Thank NewEnglanTraveler115