Hotel 31
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$211
Travelocity
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
1,631 results
All reviewsshared bathroomthe empire state buildingprivate bathnew yorksubway stationdouble bedrooms are smalllexington avetimes squarefew blockscentral locationmajor attractionsthe air conditioninglocation is greatsinkcosimanhattan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had a delightful stay. Hotel 31 is a genuine bargain in very high-priced hotel market. My room was small but clean, well-kept, comfortable and quiet. The hotel has pretty decent, free wi-fi. The shared bathrooms were very clean and nearly always available. We could have used a couple more towels per day, but otherwise, I was completely satisfied. The hotel is in a safe neighborhood conveniently located to the subway and a variety of excellent, affordable restaurants. The front desk was helpful in reserving transportation back to the airport. It was a pleasure staying here and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are less likely to have street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lukelagrrl
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. 7 horrible nights.
I can forgive that the rooms were:
- tiny if not miniscule
- filthy
- literally held up with tape
- poorly lit
- poorly cooled
- had a tv smaller than a match box with a remote that doesn't work.

I get it. It's just a place to sleep.

What I cannot forgive is them throwing out bags of shopping (both personal and gifts) which were placed on our suitcases. When I approached the staff at the desk I was barely acknowledged and there is no way the man could care any less. After us (and the poor, humilated maintenance man) on our hands and knees going through their garbage bags in the stuffy basement, some items were recovered. With at least $75 worth of things not found and no mention of any compensation or even an apology with staff refusing to get management to contact me prior to checking out less than 12 hours later.

The only decent part of this hotel stay was the coffee shop on the next block.

Don't put yourself through this. Ever.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Tttoni
Reviewed 14 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A reasonable hotel at a reasonable price for New York. Good location and very helpful staff. Very clean. My room was a small double but fine for one person. Shared bathroom proved not as much of a problem as I had thought. Not star luxury but fine for a few days sightseeing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just what like everyone's saying in the reviews (if not all, majority), Hotel 31 is a very convenient & a safe place to stay. Its strategic location will take you immediately to nearby subway stations & eating places (whether easy to grab foods or posh ones). Must-see landmarks like Empire State Building and Times Square, to name a few, are reachable by foot. If you’re on budget, there’s DUANEreade shopping and drug store to grab breads, fruits, drinks, toiletries, medicines, etc. The cosi Café and Café Guy & Gallard are just at the corner of the street for a nice breakfast/coffee cravings. For Starbucks lovers, it will not be missed as it’s only across the road. In one of the corners, you’ll also find pizzeria resto. Save the jap food cravings as Umi Sushi is a doorstep away from the hotel! On bathroom sharing, firstly, it’s always unoccupied. So it’s always free to use! Secondly, cleanliness is maintained that it looks like it is being cleaned every after every guests used it! I got a small room that met my basic needs (electronic safe box, TV, air condition, iron, towel). It comes with toiletries too. With European interior design, expect wallpaper around and dark furniture. I didn’t have concern with night sleep as well as the environment is quiet except for the air condition when running that produced a little noise but this didn’t bother me at all. As I’m enjoying my stay, I extended an extra night & the hotel manager was very helpful to confirm immediately that he’ll reserve the room for me. The hotel kept my luggage after I checked out on last day as I still have time to go around before I headed to the airport. Btw, to those who are first time travellers to NYC, the cheapest way next to the subway train from airport to midtown Manhattan & vice-versa is by shuttle bus. Look for ticket agents of NYC airporter. It’ll cost you only $16 (one way) direct to your hotel. Thanks for the nice stay Hotel 31!

Room Tip: If possible, choose a room facing the street for viewing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo