“Great stay at The New York Palace”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #78 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Great stay at The New York Palace”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days at The New York Palace.
Very modern and clean rooms. The staff seem genuinely friendly, are extremely professional and always exceeded expectations.
The bed was amazingly comfortable and we had a great sleep. The large windows have blackout blinds and also are able to be opened at the bottom so you can hear the sounds of the city.
Beautiful marble bathroom with all amenities.
The hotel is in an excellent location which is close to shopping on 5th Avenue and also a short walk to both Central Park and Times Square.
Try to book a room facing Madison Avenue so that you are facing St. Patrick's Cathedral.
There would be no reason not to stay here again other than to try a different hotel in the area, as there are so many.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 8 October 2013

When I go to NYC I always prefer to stay at Palace. I experienced other places but the situation and the overall standard is perfect for anyone who likes ease and lux.
The only drawback is the crowded people in the hall but that is making your stay really genuine.

• Stayed October 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Pros:
- a couple of blocks from fifth avenue (and the shops there).
- renovated rooms, lobby, etc

Cons:
- $400 per night
- housekeeping is the poorest I've seen... Keep forgetting towels, shampoo, etc...

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the renovated side
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We enjoyed our three nights (a Wednesday through Saturday) at the New York Palace. The room was large and the bed was fantastic. The water pressure was very good. The room was clean. I am not sure if our 17th floor room was one of the recently renovated areas, but either way, it was in nice condition and clean. There was not a problem with noise from the street or from within the hotel. The location is excellent. Security was high because of a diplomat that was staying at the hotel (which says something nice about the facility as well), but it was not an inconvenience for us. The workout facility was amazing with a view of the Cathedral. The equipment was nice and well stocked.

We would stay there again, especially if we could get the special Hotwire pricing that we received on this trip. However, there were a few cons...although nothing that put a damper on the overall experience. The room was cleaned everyday and followed a prompt schedule, but each time towels were taken, but not replaced. We also had to order ice from room service (no self-service), but sometimes we would receive it, and sometimes we would not.

A tip for Hotwire customers: I inquired about upgrades (either free or pay...just wanted to know our options) and during the conversation, the front desk confirmed that Hotwire customers get the least-desirable rooms facing a brick wall on the lower levels. I decided that paying for an upgrade was not necessary, and was happy with our room (the view of the wall wasn't fabulous, but it did not cost me any extra). I received an excellent rate from Hotwire and I understand the hotel's position on this...but just make note of it if the room location is important to you.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shorter104
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was just at the New York Palace the same time the U.N. Assembly was in NYC. I will say the NY Palace is brand new, the renovation to the guestrooms and meeting space - is absolutely the best. The guestrooms are so exquisitely done but also so comfortable. They are the largest standard guestrooms in the city. The new Pomme Palais is great for a quick coffee and pastry, soup and salad or signature items like my new favorite - Raspberry Pistachio cookies. You have to try them! Even though they were extremely busy, the service levels were absolutely first class. Everyone was so helpful and I ordered room service for dinner and my dinner was so good and was delivered in less than 25 minutes. It was so easy to get to the hotel from the airport and I walked everywhere, once I checked in. I am a runner and so I was so close to Central Park, Rockefeller center.... just perfect.

Room Tip: Be ready to be 'Wow'd' !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Beautiful Hotel,one of the best I have visited,location just 5 blocks from Times Square,but could have spent my whole visit in the Hotel,beautiful european hotel,well appointed throughout ,well appointed rooms with all appointments,luxury bathrooms.
Spent a lot of time in the bar,will visit again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have lots to say about this place, so I'll stick with a quick pros and cons list to keep it simple. I'll start with the cons, that way (if you're reading this) you'll be left with the pros fresh in your mind, which are definitely worth remembering!

CONS:
- The hotel has had recent renovations, and so there was no basic info in the room about the amenities offered at the hotel. When I asked about it, I was told that they had already ordered new books for the rooms but didn't have them yet.

- The concierge (twice) gave us misinformation about the subway system. The first time, we were told to pick up a train that wasn't actually at the station we were told to go to. The second time, we were told to get a train that didn't run on the weekends.

- The shower head soaked our bath mat because it was turned to face the bathroom. When housekeeping made up the room, they took the wet bathmat but didn't replace it. There were also only three towels in the room for 2 people.

- The price of in-room breakfast is comically overpriced. Eggs with toast and potatoes? $40.

PROS:
- I booked on the iPad app "Hotel Tonight." I got a great rate using this app. At check-in, we mentioned we were there for a birthday weekend. Lincy at the front desk upgraded our room a few levels up, and also sent up a birthday amenity to our room. It was fantastic!

- The room was a cathedral view, with 2 double beds. It was a huge room by NYC standards. Very quiet, and also beautifully decorated.

- Everyone was extremely friendly - front desk, mail service desk, bell hop, concierge.

- The location is great if you're going to be all over the city. It's centrally located and close to the trains.

- The UN General Assembly was meeting in the hotel during our stay, so there was heightened security, and the staff made it very easy to navigate.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 24th floor, and it was VERY quiet! Highly recommend.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends