“60th B-day Celebration”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #81 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We were a total group of 6 who stayed at The NY Palace . We had 3 cathedral view rooms on floor 33 - magnificent views !!! We received a 25% discount because we reserved far in advance which is a great offer. We also received free upgrades upon check in ! Fantastic, convenient location right behind St. Pat's Cathedral and steps from 5th Avenue , Saks, and many other shops.
We enjoyed a drink in Tavern 51. Just beautiful in the mansion area. We will always stay here !!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear joni1953,

Thank you for sharing your review during your recent birthday trip with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the views and our new food and beverage outlets. On behalf of the entire hotel we want to wish you a happy belated birthday and we look forward to helping celebrate many more with us.

David Chase

Write a ReviewReviews (3,723)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Needed a nice room near Grand Central Station while in town to watch the NYC Marathon and this was a gem! We arrived early and wanted to leave our bags with the bell man, but the staff was so friendly and accommodating that we were able to check in ahead of time. What I loved about this place was that the staff always made eye contact with you, and asked YOU if you needed help, I didn't have to flag someone down. Nice touch! the room was spotless, magnified mirror in bathroom was a plus, and the bar staff was friendly and helpful as well. Would recommend this hotel, and I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear hitthehighway,

As General Manager, this kind of review makes me incredibly happy to know that our people were the difference makers in your stay. Thank you so much for the kind words and we will absolutely pass along your feedback to the staff. We look forward to having you again in the near future.

All the best

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We used our regular Travel Company Michael Carter in Lincoln to organise a superb special for us to visit New York. Flight from Heathrow early morning departure and arrival in NY just after lunch, We were booked in THE NEW YORK PALACE 455 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022. The hotel is just excellent, recommended to us, very pleased we had gone that extra mile, the hotel is opposite St Patrick's Cathedral.
So much to see, just a short walk from our hotel to the Rockerfeller Centre, then onward and upward with a visit to the TOP OF THE ROCK, the views are outstanding no queuing, red carpet treatment too. Then on to the Grand Central station another site to tick in our adventure box, with the OYSTER Bar & Restaurant some 100 years old, daily hand written menu, The meal and service was excellent as we expected. Our first day now ending in the lounge bar of our hotel with an Irish coffee apiece, what a brilliant start to this adventure.

The following morning meeting up with Jady's sister and husband at their hotel the Metro near to other sites so onto visit Macys department store and then The EMPIRE STATE building a must and very enjoyable no queues again very lucky. Lifts to 80th floor then another lift to floor 86th out door's no wind very pleasant and a brilliant day and views the real magic. Naturally us guys went on up to the 102nd floor observatory in the original lift cool! Finishing off the day, with a meal in a wonderful Italian restaurant next to NBC in the Rockerfeller Centre.

Ani our Concierge organised the Helicopter flight for the best views of New York City using the HeliNY.com Helicopter Flight Services.Inc. The flight around the Statue of Liberty, the Hudson river, Ground Zero and Freedom Tower, With spectacular views of New York, flights from Pier 6 Downtown Manhattan.
Then yellow cab to Chelsea Meat Packing District for our tour with Krys, Gary, Joey & Jan. well worth the price by the FOODS of NEW YORK TOURS. The Original and Best Food Tasting & Culture Walking Tours some three hours fairly fast pace in the Chelsea Market, The Highline & the Meatpacking District. Our tour guide was brilliant on history, foods and humour; the tour finished with a meal and drink in another Italian Restaurant. It still being a sunny afternoon left so on to Central Park, for our horse drawn carriage into the park its bigger than we expected relaxing ride with our driver highlighting the various buildings, statues, lakes 7, baseball parks, zoo. Yes another tick. A superb evening meal with everyone at the QUALITY MEATS Restaurant.

A good breakfast for a good start to the day then a dash around the shop's and dept stores so many to choose from, last minute look and take photos of those iconic buildings. TIMES Square well worth a look around and shops too, cab back to hotel. Our concierge organised an hours Reflexoligy in the Hotel Spa and Gym for us both. Then cab organised to take us to the Air Terminal quick check in another nice meal, shops again and then boarding our United Air Lines flight direct to London UK. good movie choice for us both and homeward bound.

Room Tip: Yellow cabs are meter and ok get most places in 20 minutes traffic moves quite quick in one way grid...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SILVERSURFERSUK

Dear SILVERSURFERSUK,

What an amazing time you had in New York! I am so happy you shared your review with us and that we were able to be a part of such a memorable and fulfilling trip. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed in a Premium Cathedral view room in Oct/Nov of 2013. I was thrilled with the room which was perfectly renovated. Everything looked new including the great TV which was HD and so clear.
The view from the 28th floor was magnificent. The lobby and public areas of the hotel were beautiful.
The hotel is quite expensive but on NY standards probably ok. One disappointment was that WiFi costs about %16 a day. Many hotels provide this service free but not the Palace.
Definitely would love to stay again but please include the Wifi everyone needs it.
Oh yes the location was PERFECT !

Room Tip: Cathedral view on high floor. Make sure it's a renovated room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Edward T,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and the nice words about the renovations and views from the room. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Room on the 26th floor was beautiful. Even though it was a large and busy hotel, it was easy to find people to respond to questions. My only "complaint" is that there are not coffee makers in the room. Obviously, there were multiple places to get a morning coffee within a short walk. Location was wonderful..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear cyclist6049,

Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the beautifully renovated rooms. I apologize that this wasn't communicated to you during your stay but we do have in-room coffee makers available upon request. Please let us know next time you visit the hotel and we will be more than happy to update your profile for you to receive the coffee maker.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Most of the rooms at this wonderful hotel have been renovated. Fortunately, my friend and I were able to enjoy a new room on the 34th floor. It was SO beautiful and comfortable. The entire facility is absolutely gorgeous and the location could not be better. I was impressed by the more-than courteous staff and especially thankful to Emily T. in Guest Experiences who went above and beyond to make our stay very special. I will be a customer again as soon as possible. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms at this wonderful hotel have been renovated. Fortunately, my friend and I were abl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Debra338,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I am so glad to hear Emily could go above and beyond to make you have a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and continuing to be your home away from home.

General Manger

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the Palace from Oct. 5th until the 12th. This has been my fourth stay at this beautiful hotel. It's grand and extremely elegant. I fell in love with the Villard Mansion the very first time I saw it. However, this time, I have a few recommendations to make:
-There is no free wi-fi for guests, not even in the lobby. This is new. When I asked about this the concierge made me feel like a second-class citizen when he told me that only guests staying at The Towers were offered this service.
-Room service leftovers were left in the corridor for 24 hours! My neighbour's plates and bits of food were left in plain sight for more than a day! Even my bucket of ice was left in the corridor for hours and hours!
-I went to Pomme Palais for a quick snack and had to eat a sandwich and an eclair straight from the package (it was very uncomfortable). No trays or plates were offered. They did give me a plastic fork and knife in a paper napkin.
-When we arrived we noticed that there was a big white pill on the carpet, in the corridor. We arrived on a Saturday. It was finally picked up on Thursday.
It is the first time that I have so many complaints.
However, I have to say that breakfast at Villard was amazing. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. We were offered an early check-in when we arrived and my bed was extremely comfortable.
The staff at Reservations are extremely helpful and give very good advice.
The concierges (except for one) are extremely helpful and excellent at making same day reservations.
Will I stay at the Palace again? Yes, I probably will. However, if in my next stay I see that things are not improving I will probably look for another great hotel to stay at while in NYC.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lmoane

Dear lmoane,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, and I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced this time. I will make sure to pass along your feedback, which will help us continue to improve our services. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.