“Years of enjoying New York Palace”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #81 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family has visited and stayed at this hotel at least twice a year for the last 15 years. Can't beat the location, the luxury and always great service! The staff doing everything to make our stay comfortable! Thanks to Victor and George for always helping with taxis!
A big thanks to Steve Kunz the Restaurant Director at The Villard and Alain Durand our server for the warm welcome and treating us like royalty!
We can't wait for our next trip to The Palace!

Room Tip: Higher floors with less street noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Livya H,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest and for all the kind words you have to say about Victor, George, Steve and Alain. We are very glad to have them as part of our Palace family and we hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel for the next 15 years!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here during a trip to New York with my boyfriend and his family. This was a lovely hotel with spacious rooms and a great view of the city. The attached restaurant was also very good.

When we stayed there, some construction was happening outside so it was quite noisy in the morning.

Otherwise, great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear legsandalcohol,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad tha you have enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to say that after your stay we embarked on a renovation of the entire hotel which is now, after one year, completed.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to enjoy our brand new hotel sometime in the future.

David Chase,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have just returned from staying at the NY Palace, from the minute we walked in to when we left, the staff were so welcoming and helpful, the rooms are divine they were very spacious and comfortable, the hotel is in a great location. Cant reccomend this hotel highly enough well worth the money and a return trip!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the cathedral are lovely...not much noise either
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jo C,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our main goal is to provide wonderful service to our beloved guests and I am happy we acomplished that with you.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the New York Palace hotel in September and had a wonderful experience! The hotel is absolutely beautiful! Everything about it is lovely. Our room was HUGE! Very comfortable bed and large bath. You cannot do wrong in NYC! Perfect location to shopping/subway/eating. I would love to go back at Christmas- I am sure it is just magical!!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Icf37,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very happy to see that you have enjoyed your experience here at our hotel.

I do hope to welcoming you back in the future. I am certain that you would appreciate our wonderful holiday decor.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I won this hotel on one of the bidding sites and was so pleased when I got there - everything was really nice. Great staff, beautiful building and lobby, huge room, luxurious bed, great shower, etc. A few tiny quibbles like having a hard time finding the light switch in the dark, but there were no major issues with the room and overall I really enjoyed my stay there.

If you are looking for a modern five-star hotel I would go elsewhere, but if you want something more historic and traditional, this is a great choice. I'd be happy to stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sara987654321,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our rooms and your stay.

We hope to welcome you bacj in the future for another great experience.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had a fantastic stay at the New York Palace. Jimm at the Palace is outstanding and provides excellent service! Whenever I come to New York, I don't stay anywhere else! Great job on the renovations. From Jimm to all the staff, incredible service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel really is such a beautiful gem in NYC. My fiance and I came in for 2 nights and even arrived early Friday afternoon to find our room ready! We were on the 37th floor with skyline view and it was just beautiful. The front desk, concierge, and bellman were all very welcoming. The concierge was fantastic- recommended Malloney and Porcelli for dinner as well as a few bars to go to and it was excellent! We did have a drink in the Trouble Trust Bar- atmosphere was very nice- little too dim for my taste but the bar is beautiful. Would certainly recommend staying here to anyone and can't wait to return to the Palace. Subway is quick and easy. Very centrally located- great for shopping!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise- we never heard a thing at night!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellen U,

I am very glad to know that you had such a great time at our hotel and had a chance to enjoy Trouble's Trust. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcoming you back in the future.