“Fabulous stay -again!”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #82 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Second year running at the New York Palace- great renovations, fabulous room which had been renovated and central view of cathedral. Friendly staff and comfortable room with loads of space. Just needs free WIFI and tea/coffee making facilities in room ...Looking forward to next year's trip already!

• Stayed: November 2013
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear GARYNSUSAN,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that we, once again, had the pleasure to welcome you to our hotel for another great stay.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our renovated rooms and our staff. We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future. Kindly let us know when you will be staying with us and we will be happy to have a coffee and tea maker sent to your room as we have them available upon request.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I loved the hotel and it's location.
Here are some positives :
-great great location walk everywhere
- large updated room. Awesome bed, tv , and lighting
-bar was excellent and waitress was very professional and accommodating

Negatives :
- be careful with rooms you may think you have some view BUT my view was of of a building not the cathedral room 3208 but 3202 had awesome views ..
- extremely expensive restaurant at hotel. Room Service way over price.
- check in was horrible, checked in early was told I would receive a call or text when room was ready nobody called ..got my room @ 7 luckily I did not need it sooner.
- lines or check in were always very long and slow moving

Room Tip: Make sure the room they give guy has some view of the cathedral,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NattyMiami_Florida,

Thank you for your feedback. Please rest assured that we are taking each one of your comments in to consideration as we are constantly working to improve our services.

I am happy that you enjoyed our location as well as our rooms and our staff and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for a girls weekend "staycation" with my mom and we had a fabulous time. The room was beautifully renovated, comfortable, and our service was wonderful! When reaching out to guest experience for restaurant advice we were greeted so nicely by Emily Talpalar. She made our stay so easy and enjoyable!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone living in or out of New York. Thanks for the most relaxing staycation weekend!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Katie S,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with our future guests. I am very glad that you have chosen us for your "staycation" and even happier that you had a fabulous time. I will gladly pass your kind words on to Emily. She is certainly an important Palace family member and I am sure she will be happy to hear that she helped making your stay a most enjoyable one.

We hope to welcome you back for another "staycation" and to provide you with great service.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

During a recent stay I needed to arrange transportation for a group of 18. This last minute (same day) request was taken care of by Carolyn Innocenzi, Concierge for the hotel. She also followed up to ensure the company had all of the details for our destination and return trip. Carolyn's willingness to take responsibility and solve a potential problem was done with a smile and in a professional manner.

Other staff members provided the same high level of service - Carolyn was involved in several other activities which made my job as a meeting facilitator easy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Bob S,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you are please with Carolyn's service as she is a valuable member of the Palace family for years and we are happy to work with her as well.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we truly hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I didn't want to leave the Palace after of weekend of being treated like a princess!
From the friendly greeting upon arrival, to the bell captain's prompt attention with my bags, and valet with my car at departure, my stay couldn't have been more wonderful. The front desk clerk, Juan Carlos if I recall correctly, paid special attention to my requests while welcoming me with genuine hospitality. The main entrance is breathtaking, and the lobby left me in awe of the ornate detail, while remarking to myself how clean and well kept the hotel was. You can't escape the beauty of this hotel! I visited the Tavern on 51, Trouble's Trust, and Villard Michel Richard to find the service extraordinary, and food absolutely to die for! As for location, can not find a better address! My spacious room was newly and beautifully renovated with a spectacular city and river view. The hotel is literally steps away from Moma, St. Patricks Cathedral, Rockefeller Plaza, and amazing shopping! Can not say enough wonderful things aboutthis hotel! Thank you New York Palace, can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Traveler1234524

I am Incredibly happy to hear that you had such an amazing time while staying with us. Thank you so much for all your kind words and I will make sure to pass it along to our staff.

I truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the future and have you treated like a princess once again.

All the Best

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at the palace before and I was blown away by how lavish the entrance was , the opulence of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. My last trip I would have given the hotel 4.5 stars. Fast forward to today..

We arrived at the hotel to find out it was under extensive construction. The entire grand lobby is closed and you literally walk over boards to get to the elevators. The restaurant is even closed. It is not what I remember and I really wish I did not book this hotel. I booked back in January and wish I had check on recent reviews. I don't want to sound so horrible about the hotel but if you have a reservation here I strongly recommend changing it and wait to return until the renovations are complete. If you are paying what we are I can only say that I am 99% sure that most people will be disappointed and possible angry if they stay at this hotel right now. Another suggestion is to not bother spending the money to upgrade to a cathedral room.. the cathedral is being renovated as well so has scaffolding all over it.

The staff was very nice and tried their best to do what they could for us. We were upgraded to the a renovated room which was nice and they gave us a bit of a discount on our rooms. In the end, I would have preferred to pay more and stay at a hotel in which we could meet friends to have drinks and/or dinner. The renovated rooms are nothing like the style of the old rooms. The new rooms are very light and bright. They lean more to the modern side and, in my opinion, are a little plain. The bathrooms look like they have not been changed. I kinda miss the opulence of the old rooms and lobby but maybe this is the new direction people asked the hotel to go.

One note to the management.. I would be nice to not have to pay $16 a day for wifi! People are paying anywhere from $400-$800 or more for their rooms. Just include it in the price.. you aren't paying that much for it and your customers know that!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Livewild

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced while the renovation was in place and I am very pleased to say that our renovations are now fully complete after a long journey.

We truly hope we would have the pleasure to welcome you back so that you can experience our brand new hotel and all of our brand new restaurants and lounges. I am certain that you would enjoy and we would do everything possible to make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed during the annual UN General Assembly. What a drag! Heavy security with metal detector every time getting back inside the hotel. The security staff are most likely contractors and we know making you feel welcome is not their focus. Anyway, my partner was about to get through the security and was asked to step aside to make way for some VIP. It was so disorganized and security staff did not attempt to maintain the line. Chaos ensued once the VIP got through and security for mere mortals resumed. He complained. No apology. Couldn't care less was the attitude. Finally, after the security fiasco, he arrived at check-in counter, the front desk staff was confused and thought he already checked in. My partner has a common first and last name. She disappeared for a long while then came back with a manager who straighten things out and offered us an upgrade of the century for all his "trouble". We got this high floor room with stunning full view of St. Patrick and the west side. The room and the bathroom were very large and we felt the best of luxury there. Maid service was a bit odd. She took out a bath rug (big and fluffy) and did not replace it. Not even a simple bathmat was given. The lobby is so grand to the point of over the top. I guess they don't call this place "palace" for nothing. Despite the first bad impression and minor issue with maid service, we enjoyed our stay. We appreciated that the hotel management did try to do things right by us - hence the overall rating we give.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear CliveNYC,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know on what we could improve as we are most certainly working to ensure all of our guests have a most comfortable stay.

I am happy that your were able to enjoy you room and your stay as well as our grand Lobby.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.