“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #83 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was a second stay at the New York Palace. Last trip we were upgraded to the Towers, the *****+ luxury rooms and suites. This year we stayed in the main hotel and it was equally luxurious and charming. This should be a 5* hotel.

Room Tip: View of the cathedral is spectacular
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Ggraveswood,

Thank you kindly for staying at the New York Palace. I am so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great location! Can't beat it. Blocks to everything you want to see. Average rooms.....nothing special.
Front desk agent at check in, Ryan, truly showed the best customer service, professionalism and was a pleasure. Diego at concierge made wonderful recommendations and was also extremely nice. Because of these two, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ColoradoF9FlyGuy
Dear ColoradoF9FlyGuy,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and the service provided to you during your stay. I will most certainly pass your compliments on to Ryan and Diego.

Thank you for staying with us we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

What a terrible experience ! They advertise that all the 900 rooms are renewed...do not believe a word ! I had booked a king size room for me, my wife and my two years old son and because I'm extremely suspicious when hotels talk about complete renovations, I had also written the hotel reservation desk to specify my request for a newly updated room. Once we get to the hotel, they , of corse, tell us that the only rooms available are the old ones. I talk to two managers, one worst than the other, and they peasfully tell me that only hall of the hotel is renewed. I ask them to go their website to show,them that what he is telling me is not what they advertise. The security is around me....outside is zero degrees....my kids is crying.....it' 8,30 pm....what can I do ? I finish accepting the old room....Is it possible that in 2013 hotels like The Palace are still in business ?
Do not go !!!

Room Tip: Just don't go
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank agnese0170
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

What Can I say! You need to stay here. The hotel is Fantastic and just got a magnificent face lift. New and fresh for sure.. I have stayed in almost all the finest hotels in New York. The Palace trumps them all! no pun intended. The staff is simply incredible!! Can't say enough wonderful things. The Doorman, the best in Manhattan, period. I am hard to please and an old hotel nut. They won me over!!! Brian Honan in sales took amazing care of me over and above what was called for! never met me, but treated me as family couldn't ask for more! and everyone at the front desk was just plain helpful. After three decades of traveling to New York my first and last review of any hotel!! Stay here!! You won't regret it. Scott S. From Scottsdale, Arizona

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Scott S,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay and will certainly pass your compliments on to our staff.

I truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to The New York Palace.

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Palace is what a luxury hotel should be. Not only are the amenities top-notch, but the staff is incredibly accommodating and friendly. Matthew at the Bell Captain's desk is always going out of his way to be helpful. We enjoyed visiting with him, Tom and Gary. All went above and beyond to make our stay great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank melwilli2013
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear mellwilli2013,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay and will certainly pass your kind words on to Matthew, Tom and Gary.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the future..

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel underwent a major renovation and the results are (mostly) impressive.

I consistently find, however, that the staff is surly and terse. On my arrival they said they didn't have my name in the reservation system. She "challenged" me for a confirmation number - didn't ask for, she challenged me for one! When I was able to provide the confirmation number she mumbled...."oh, there you are" and gave me a condescending look. She then typed a novel into the computer (I waited for a several minutes....I'm not sure what she was typing.) I finally asked if there was a problem and she said no and proceeded to hand me my room card. Welcome to The Palace!

The location is world class. The lobby, some of the art work, bedding and other features are consistent with a top hotel. (Albeit, my towels on this visit where awful, old and grey. That was a first). It is just too bad they can't have customer service consistent with those other woderful features.

Room Tip: Some rooms have beautiful views facing west, including St. Patrick's Cathedral.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RCC_KEC
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear RCC_KEC,

I appreciate your feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us. Thank you for the kind words in regards to the lobby and our new renovations. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced upon arriving, this is certainly not the standard we strive to maintain nor what our guest have come to expect. We will certainly take this feedback to our staff in order to help us continue to improve our services. I do hope to welcome you back in the future to have the "true" New York Palace experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Our stay in this amazing hotel was perfect. It was part of our daughters 18th celebrations and not only were we upgraded but also a gorgeous birthday cake was in our room for her. The premier skyline room was stunning and very clean. The view was amazing of the city. Staff were courteous and helpful at all times. Perfect location too, within walking distance of most places we wanted to visit. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone......we will return.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Pleasan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am glad to hear that we daughter's birthday celebration was great.

Thank you also for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back to The New York Palace.