“One of my favourite hotels in New York”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #81 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Geneva, Switzerland
“One of my favourite hotels in New York”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed here many times and the rooms are big, clean, and everything works. This time I was on the 34th floor but didn't have a view over the Cathedral. Despite that it's very comfortable and I still have a view over the East River. The location of this hotel is perfect for going shopping, to shows, or getting transport to pretty much anywhere in Manhattan.

I will be coming back yet again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the Cathedral, if possible on a high floor. If you get such a room y...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear FamilyFM,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review. We are honored to have you as a loyal guest and look very much forward to welcoming back.

David Chase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our stay at The New York Palace was everything we thought it would be. A magnificent hotel with some of the largest rooms we've experienced in NYC. The Cathedral view king room was spectacular and the bed was uber comfortable. My only "complaint" is breakfast at Villard was a bit disappointing. While I expected the cost, the portions were smaller than expected - but delicious! We are planning a return trip next month to celebrate our daughters 13th birthday. The location cannot be beat, hands down.

Room Tip: Cathedral View king room was beautiful!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear autismfghtr,

Thank you for staying with us for your special celebration. I am glad to hear that your stay was wonderful and that you and your family enjoyed our rooms, location and service.

I hope to welcome you back for another spectacular stay.

Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My family stayed at the newly renovated New York Palace over Christmas (2013). The mid-town location is the best in the city. We were greeted warmly by the valet and bellmen, and the reception desk was friendly and helpful. Our connecting rooms were very large and quite beautiful with superb linens and Molton Brown toiletries in the bathrooms. We utilized the expertise of the concierge several times to help us with dinner and show reservations. My husband wanted to surprise me one night with a special "date night" and contacted The Guest Experience Department. A spectacular employee named Emily helped with all the plans…and even had champagne and chocolates sent to our room at the conclusion of the evening! Overall, our stay was just perfect, and we will definitely be returning to The Palace on our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa S
Dear Melissa S,

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a fantastic stay. Thank you for sharing your spectacular experience. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to our wonderful Emily and the Guest Experience Department who are always doing their very best to exceed our guests expectations and providing memorable stays to our beloved guests.

Connecticut
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have lost count of how many times I have stayed at the Palace. The location is superb, close to Grand Central, Central Park, Rock Center. Rooms are great, spacious and clean. This time I had a room on the 33rd floor, and could see the river. The only negative is that it can take a while to get a cab because of the location of the entrance, and there are friendlier doormen in midtown.

It is the first hotel I check when I am going to NYC and need or want to be in midtown. It is consistently good.

Room Tip: I like the rooms overlooking the cathedral.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank loveambergris
Dear loveambergris,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of The Palace and for taking the time to write this nice review. I look forward to welcoming you for another great stay.

Castro Marim, Portugal
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This was a trip with my husband to celebrate my birthday. On arrival, we were upgraded to a large corner room facing the cathedral opposite, fantastic view. Everything here for us was perfect, location fantastic we walked for miles each day taking everything in and couldn't wait to get back and relax in this amazing hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank franceshills
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear franceshills,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great experience at the New York Palace. I hope to welcome you back for another amazing stay.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at the Palace in July 2013 with my teenaged son. It was quite special for me to return as I had spent quite some time at The Palace as a child. The hotel was undergoing renovation, which I knew going in and my rating reflects that, otherwise I would have rated it a 3.

Our room was dated which was no big deal as the hotel was obviously addresing this. Great amenities with Moulton Brown, nice touch. Housekeeping was stellar and the rooms are big for NYC. The concierge and baggae check also were super service minded. That is where the accolades end. Check-in staff were not extremely interested, nor did they address the fact that internet did not work and that our room stank of smoke due to the workers below smoking. This is not what it was like during the hotel's heyday in the late 80's when staying at the Helmsley was equal to a top notch experience.

I am returning to the hotel March 14-17th to give it another chance, chalking up my experience in July to things being a bit chaotic due to the renovation. I have emailed the hotel and asked to be placed in a renovated room in order to get a better visit this time around. Will report back how it goes.

Ps. extremely comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tsfoxen
Dear Traveler73,

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal guest of ours. We look very much forward to welcoming back to The New York Palace next March 2014.

Feel free to contact our Guest Experience Department at: guestexperience@nypalace.com prior to your arrival should you have any questions or requests regarding your stay. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

From the minute the doorman George opened the doors on our arrival we knew we were somewhere awesome!

Every part of our experience in this hotel was top notch. And the location was perfect!

Staff standouts were - George the beautiful doorman who my children hugged whenever they saw him - they loved him! Mike - the doorman who gave us heaps of recommendations and Omar in the coffee shop who amazed me when he remembered all our names - I have 4 children!! These three men are true gentleman.

Can't say enough about it. Loved it loved it loved it!

Room Tip: Our rooms were huge! Not like last time we stayed in NYC.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank daystravels
Dear Daina S,

I couldn't be happier to hear that you had such an amazing experience at The New York Palace. I will be sure to pass you very nice comments on to George, Omar and Mike and they will be glad to know that they helped making you feel part of our Palace family.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.