“Highly recommended”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #81 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very good location, Spacious room , reasonable rates, clean , and great help of concierge, especially Mr.KAL who made our stay great by his support and recommendations.
It is good for business and shopping.
Breakfast by order no buffet....!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khaled A

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Liked this hotel. Only slept here, didnt eat. There were renovations going on so the small lobby had long queues for checkin. beds were very comfortable. rooms very spacious. concierge was very helpful in recommending eateries. would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the New York Palace for business and was very impressed with the customer service. From the concierge desk who I bombarded with questions to the receptionist. You ask, they answer and were all exceptionally helpful which on first impression is always refreshing.

With 900 rooms, the hotel is lovely and quaint with a museum feel to its lobby. Location is great as its just a couple of blocks to the train station and its centrally located. My room was small and standard with little personality in terms of decor. Although I was on the 12th floor I didn't have a view of anything but a construction building, but floors 40 and up have wonderful views of the city. The local restaurant in the hotel is certainly a tad pricey and the food average. Its simply the attention they lavish on you and ambiance you are paying for.

I would usually give this one a complete thumbs up for service alone, but the one thing that stops it from being a complete winner in my books is the shoddy housekeeping. I once stayed in a hotel where I found the previous guest's blue sponge hanging in the bathroom and this visit to The Palace reminded me of that trip. Anytime you check in a room and can physically tell the previous guests tastes, it leave a bitter taste and such was the case during this visit after finding not one but two half empty bottles of water and a half eaten M&M peanuts in the mini bar after reaching for snack and little crumpled pieces of paper in the corner of the desk area but with 900 rooms perhaps its hard for the cleaning staff to thoroughly clean?

Room Tip: The higher the better the view of the city
2  Thank SOAP
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed for the second time a few days in the "Palace" in Sept, 2013 - and what to say about, as the first time, only the best. We arrived very early in the morning (6 a,m,) from Utah, and our rooms were only reserved from I think 3 p.m. up. However, the friendly and attentive staff at the reception immediately realized that we should have a wink of sleep before exploring N.Y.. So she arranged the rooms at once and without any extra costs - not a common service at all ! Thanks to the guest service agent Mrs L. Jiemjitpolchai here again!
The rooms are huge and quiet - though there were construction works in the hotel at this time which did not bother too much.
All in all the hotel is a warm and charming place for a stay in NYC, very well located in Midtwon just some ft. besides the Rockefeller Center. So, if we ever return, the Palace will be our first destination!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We just returned from our most recent visit to The Palace, this visit after the renovations. Knowing and experiencing the renovation period last year, we expected more visible improvements. The lobby area has been renovated and updated, but it appears as if something is lacking. This may be a matter of taste as renovations had been completed. The hotel staff accommodated us upon checking in at the hotel and we've never had any difficulty upon arrival at The Palace. I have seen others with unexplained difficulties when faced with unyeilding staff upon arrival. But, certainly we have not experienced this from the staff.

The rooms were comfortable and certainly had the luxurious amenities one would expect with a couple of exceptions. Oddly, washcloths were not in the room and we had to request these. A friend reported he did not have washcloths in his room either. These were promptly provided, but it is annoying to ask for basic items. This may have been a bad day for housekeeping. Also, the shower/tub combo is not as upscale as expected for this hotel. This is an observation, not necessarily a problem.

The Palace has a refreshing outdoor area for a cocktail in a beautiful, relaxing courtyard. The location of the Palace is definitely noteworthy with St. Patrick's Cathedral across the street, Central Park, Rockfeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall and 5th Avenue shopping within a few blocks. The lower rooms have great views of St. Patricks, now undergoing renovations. The scaffolding does not add to photos of St. Patricks. However, the upper floors have rooms with a view of Radio City Music Hall, the Rockfeller Center area and generally provide you with an understanding of this area in NYC before beginning any walking tour from the hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our four day stay at The New York Palace. Check in was quick and our spacious room was newly renovated with fabulous views, comfortable bed and had to be the cleanest hotel room we have ever stayed in!
The daily delivery of The New York Times was appreciated, we had morning coffee and fresh pastries from the chic hotel deli twice during our stay which is very convenient, also tried the cakes which were delicious.
The concierge was extremely helpful and the location of the hotel is excellent, within walking distance of The Rockerfeller Centre, The Lyceum Theatre, Central Park, The Met Museum and Fifth Avenue shopping!
The only negative is the daily WIFI charge and the tired bath towels could do with replacing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The pictures do not do the beauty of this hotel justice. It is spectacular. The rooms are spacious with large windows and nice views. The location is great also. All of that does not make up for the sub par service though. Check in was slow and far from friendly. The gift shop sold me shaving cream that did not dispense but would not give me a refund (I had already finished shaving using soap so didn't need it anymore). Who doesn't give a refund for a defective product? Ridiculous. Since I had parked my car in the garage I called the garage to have them pull my car up and I went to the front desk to check out. Like check in, not friendly but now even a bit unfriendly. I gave her my parking ticket and she called the garage. Assuming she didn't know that I had already called the garage I let her know that I did. She said, "I know". Then she had to fill out a voucher for me which took a while, then had to get the receipt printed which took another several minutes. Then she stamped my parking ticket "paid". So two phone calls, a voucher, a bill with the parking on it and a "paid" stamp. Wow! Back to the Grand Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Will A,

Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. I would like to have a chance to speak with personally in regards to the issues you have encountered and assure you that this is not the type of service we strive to provide our guests with.

Please kindly reach me at executive@nypalace.com at your convenience.

All the best,