“Royal Treatment In Manhattan and Great Vegan Choices”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #82 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Really enjoyed the experience and the Vegan Choices are excellent. What spacious rooms and great service. For Manhattan this is real value. Event space is average but the whole experience adds up to making you feel like coming back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BGTJ2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,747)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been to New York City several times and I always try to stay in upper quality hotels. The palace did not disappoint. Its not inexpensive but worth the money spent. The hotel itself is an older building which has been recently renovated. The renovation is very stylish and pleasing to the eye. We booked in a catheral view/two queens and it was fantastically large. Being this was a girls weekend (for 50 year olds), a large room was important.... but more importantly was counter space in the bathroom. There was plenty of room for our toiletries and than some. The hotel is in a very good location and easy walking to shows, restaurant and Rockafeller center. It was also very close to a metro stop which allowed us to travel around easily. We arrived (10:00 am) which is prior to check in and the staff allowed us in the spa area to "freshen up" until our room was ready. That was great as we had a long flight! If there is anything that may be desired with this hotel is that there is not a large lobby....minor issue as that is not really that important to me. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Catheral is still under renovation (May 2014) and thus, this view is not exactly great. If you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I don't understand why he hotel management doesn't act upon all the reviews that say " work on your check in staff " rude , dismissive , ignorant . This is the first thing a customer's first encounter , please pay your employees a bit more , it is obvious they are underplayed and undertrained .
Now moving to the good part. The concierge Kal made up for most of the other negative stuff . Friendly , caring , professional. You almost feel he is your personal concierge .
The rooms were ok , spacious for one . I guess the renovated part was the Towers and we did not stay there .

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What can I say about a more than superb hotel ?? Well..The New York Palace once more exceeds expectations and treats us with class and sophistication. Starting with Sandy who is more than amazing to check us in. Sandy has always treated us like royalty. Since we are very frequent guests, she sends to our rooms perks throughout our stay. She is amazing!!!!!
Then, my amazing friends ..the concierge group!!!! I love them as my own family... There are always smiles,many wonderful tips, and lots of laughter. Every time I leave, I miss them and always think of the next time I will see them. They know me and my whole family by name..they know our likes and dislikes and are truly a delight. Many thanks to: David ,Diego ,jimmy, Joseph , David H ( who I am going to miss terribly ..but I will visit him in California ), Susan ( she is incredible), Rene ( who I did not see this time, but love him..), .. Well.. To all of them my many thanks and my highest complements!!! Now... What are we going to do without DON?? He has been part of our trips to The Palace..has seeing my son grow.. He is retiring and I wish him the BEST of luck!!!! He is very special to all of us!! The Marini family loves you!,,,
Thanks to Brian too..who is always helpful!,,
We missed Roggerio this time..but We will see him soon..hopefully!,,
Definitely love the hotel and everyone there!,,

Room Tip: Cathedral view!,,
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Renata C
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went to New York for a wedding, and the stay at the Palace was fabulous. Clean large rooms we were 4 adults in room and did not feel cramped or in each others way. We had a wonderful view of the St. Pats cathedral , and the location was perfect for site seeing, dining, and all sorts of fun. Thanks to all staff at The Palace for making our stay so very pleasant!,

Room Tip: Want a nice view of the city, definitely ask for 30th floor :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rose r
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you make it through check in..... Stay here often and it almost feels like an accomplishment to get checked in and to a room. For a Luxury Hotel, I have never found this to be an issue but consistently have at the Palace. And sadly it appears to just be the employee attitude at the front desk. Once to your room, it is a terrific experience. Wonderful room service and concierge assistance. Love the location, close to Midtown and also walkable to Central Park. Good luck at check in!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I checked in on the morning of Monday 26th May. The woman checking me in was neither friendly not unfriendly. I had been staying for 4 nights prior to my check-in at the Renassiance 57 Hotel (57th/Lexington) and the service at check-in (and throughout) was significantly better than what I experienced at the New York Palace - I'll be recommending to co-workers to avoid this hotel - there was nothing special about my stay.

The evening of check-in I highlighted that my bath tub had a number of cracks and water must be getting through the lining as there was a damp smell (either that or it was the shower curtain). I was told I could have it repaired the following day or moved to another room the following day since the hotel was full. I very much doubt there was not a single room or suite in the hotel free! I decided that for the 4 nights I was in the hotel, and spending very little time there (other than to sleep) I would put up with it as there was more hassle involved in not unpacking... Overall, given the comment on the website about the $140m renovation project this clearly didn't include upgrading your bathroom suites as the tub was not only cracked but clearly old!

On the morning of check-out I received my bill at my room door. On checking it, there was a $2 charge at the "gift shop" for a newspaper and my bill was addressed to someone with the same name, but from California. At check-out, I thought it would be trivial to remove the charge I hadn't spent and to change the details of the person stayin in the room - that would be me!!!

Sadly, not the case. The man checking me out highlighted that the charge was for a newspaper and that at check-in I would have been asked about receiving additional newspapers. I pointed out I hadn't. He asked if I was sure? This was for $2!!! I pointed out that had I indeed asked for the newspaper then why was I only receiving the copy on Thursday and no other day? He had no answer. He went on to take the charge off my bill - really, a hotel of this stature debating a $2 charge!!!

The best section of the conversation was the person staying in the hotel (again, me). I was asked if I was sure the details were incorrect, since the check-in person validates my identity against my photo ID. I laughed at this point, this was getting ridiculous. After much debate about whether or not Glasgow was in Sweden, why Glasgow or Scotland was part of the UK and other stupid comments I asked for things to speed up - I had a meeting to get to and this person was holding my credit card, my business card and my photo ID showing quite clearly all of the details he was asking for - yet, 10mins later I was still standing there!!!

The final nail was when I received my updated bill. The address was correct, except for the last part - Glasgow was now in Afganistan - another couple of minutes wait whilst he corrected that.

Seriously, is this what I should expect from a hotel of this standard - I refer to my earlier comment concerning the Renaissance 57 Hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business