“Memorial Day Heaven ..”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #87 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“Memorial Day Heaven ..”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was unfortunate to discover mid-itinerary that my 2-week business trip to the United States was interrupted by the Memorial Day long week-end. I was lucky enough to have a colleague recommend a sojourn at the New York Palace in Manhattan. Best advice I ever got - the property and the staff couldn't have made me feel more welcome. From the front desk to the outstanding breakfast and the highly efficient and welcoming in-house café I couldn't fault the experience. I subsequently learnt the property has only recently undergone a full renovation. Wish I knew about it years ago - Four Seasons service for half the price. Can't wait for the next unscheduled long week-end in NYC.

Room Tip: Not sure - first time there - room was stunning albeit on a lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Fast accurate check in, great room and service was 5 stars across the board. Door men on on the spot which really helps. Bell team is on it from the moment you walk in until they get you inside the room and explain everything. Everything worked as advertised, and the new TV system was really user friendly. Excellent

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Really enjoyed the experience and the Vegan Choices are excellent. What spacious rooms and great service. For Manhattan this is real value. Event space is average but the whole experience adds up to making you feel like coming back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BGTJ2014
New Orleans
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been to New York City several times and I always try to stay in upper quality hotels. The palace did not disappoint. Its not inexpensive but worth the money spent. The hotel itself is an older building which has been recently renovated. The renovation is very stylish and pleasing to the eye. We booked in a catheral view/two queens and it was fantastically large. Being this was a girls weekend (for 50 year olds), a large room was important.... but more importantly was counter space in the bathroom. There was plenty of room for our toiletries and than some. The hotel is in a very good location and easy walking to shows, restaurant and Rockafeller center. It was also very close to a metro stop which allowed us to travel around easily. We arrived (10:00 am) which is prior to check in and the staff allowed us in the spa area to "freshen up" until our room was ready. That was great as we had a long flight! If there is anything that may be desired with this hotel is that there is not a large lobby....minor issue as that is not really that important to me. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Catheral is still under renovation (May 2014) and thus, this view is not exactly great. If you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I don't understand why he hotel management doesn't act upon all the reviews that say " work on your check in staff " rude , dismissive , ignorant . This is the first thing a customer's first encounter , please pay your employees a bit more , it is obvious they are underplayed and undertrained .
Now moving to the good part. The concierge Kal made up for most of the other negative stuff . Friendly , caring , professional. You almost feel he is your personal concierge .
The rooms were ok , spacious for one . I guess the renovated part was the Towers and we did not stay there .

• Stayed May 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What can I say about a more than superb hotel ?? Well..The New York Palace once more exceeds expectations and treats us with class and sophistication. Starting with Sandy who is more than amazing to check us in. Sandy has always treated us like royalty. Since we are very frequent guests, she sends to our rooms perks throughout our stay. She is amazing!!!!!
Then, my amazing friends ..the concierge group!!!! I love them as my own family... There are always smiles,many wonderful tips, and lots of laughter. Every time I leave, I miss them and always think of the next time I will see them. They know me and my whole family by name..they know our likes and dislikes and are truly a delight. Many thanks to: David ,Diego ,jimmy, Joseph , David H ( who I am going to miss terribly ..but I will visit him in California ), Susan ( she is incredible), Rene ( who I did not see this time, but love him..), .. Well.. To all of them my many thanks and my highest complements!!! Now... What are we going to do without DON?? He has been part of our trips to The Palace..has seeing my son grow.. He is retiring and I wish him the BEST of luck!!!! He is very special to all of us!! The Marini family loves you!,,,
Thanks to Brian too..who is always helpful!,,
We missed Roggerio this time..but We will see him soon..hopefully!,,
Definitely love the hotel and everyone there!,,

Room Tip: Cathedral view!,,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renata C
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went to New York for a wedding, and the stay at the Palace was fabulous. Clean large rooms we were 4 adults in room and did not feel cramped or in each others way. We had a wonderful view of the St. Pats cathedral , and the location was perfect for site seeing, dining, and all sorts of fun. Thanks to all staff at The Palace for making our stay so very pleasant!,

Room Tip: Want a nice view of the city, definitely ask for 30th floor :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends