“Wonderful Hotel Great Staff”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #82 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Wonderful Hotel Great Staff”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This past weekend my mother and I stayed the night at the New York Palace as a girls get away. I wanted to treat her and the Palace was the perfect place! I spoke to Emily from guest experience before we arrived and she was amazing and so accommodating. I wanted our stay to be special and Emily did just that! She made sure to follow up with us and make our stay memorable. We had a large room which is very uncommon when staying in New York even for nice hotels. We had an amazing view of Saint Patrick's Cathedral which was beautiful. She really made our stay great!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for a few days before a business trip in NYC. My wife picked it out and it was much better than the Hilton we transferred to when business kicked in. It's a smaller hotel (boutique?) and is kinda trendy. The room was very modern and clean. The view was of a construction site, but you don't stay in your room when you are in NYC! The location was excellent. It's right on Madison avenue and one block over from 5th ave where all the fancy shopping is. You can walk to time square, broadway, and grand central station from here. The combination of everything was just right. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: It's a few blocks away from Time Square. Trust me, you don't want to be in the middle of tha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I used to stay here on business trips in the early 2000s and recently stayed here for a quick trip to NYC. I was originally planning to stay at another hotel but was surprised how cheap the rates were on short notice (2 days ahead)- less than U$300 on trip advisor. Other than the great price, the location is pretty central for business or pleasure. Rooms are also on the largish size & have been refurbished since my earlier visits although the toilets are still small and look the same. I can't comment on the food as I did not eat at the hotel.

What was strange for a 5 star hotel was the lack of slippers for your room, or a free bottle of water (apparently tap water is fine). OK, I can probably live without these but what I didn't appreciate was the weak wifi connection (and I paid extra for it). Overall, I can't complain as I got a great hotel rate, although I would probably not stay here for the full price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joonyol
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

What was once a nice hotel has really lost it. He a Horrible experience - not the first unfort. The service here has good from decent to bad to horrible - brain dead. No pride of the job. Tonight I had a reservation. They did not have enough maid service so did not have a room. Instead of explaining and solving the problem they disappeared and were rude. Not only rude but unprofessional. Avoid at all costs. Only benefit was I discovered Hotel Tonight

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ndubbs733
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It's a pretty and clean hotel with great location. The front desk representative, Lincy was very polite and gave us free upgrade too since we stayed a week there. Housekeeper, Evelyn was nice too. This is our second stay at the New York Palace Hotel and enjoyed it. If you like to shop, this is a very convenient location, and you can walk to Central Park too for bike ride. A couple of bellmen were a little rude but we still love this place. We will be back next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I spent 7 nights in NYC at the New York Palace Hotel in late June 2014, and we very much appreciated not only the cleanliness of our room, but the entire hotel. Our bed was comfy (except I should have requested 2 more pillows as ours were small - my bad!) and we loved the location of the hotel too. Our room had a nice view of St. Patrick's Cathedral - nice! Not too far away from museums, shops and the theatre district, but away from most of the noise of the city. The hotel was packed too, though we never waited long for room service in the mornings, or an elevator! I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimat29forever
Spring Lake
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at The NY Palace 3 years ago for our anniversary. It was a very nice hotel. We stayed again on Tuesday and it is now a fantastic hotel. All renovated rooms with a minimum of over 360 sq ft of space. Bathroom necessities are first class along with the robes and slippers. Towels are beach towel sized and soft to the touch. We have struggled recently with finding enough electrical outlets for our phones, tablets, computers, etc. Not here! Drawer space was abundant. There were more than enough for our needs. They even shine your shoes overnight -no charge!
Staff was super accommodating. Would highly recommend. I would now rate it a 5 star!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple