1,539 results
All reviewscarnegie halltime shareowners loungecentral parkthe russian tea roomgrand vacationsales presentationcleaning feegreat locationnew yorktwo blocksstudio roomtimes squarelincoln centerwithin walking distancecolumbus circlethe penthouse
Reviewed 2 February 2014

A time share by any other name is still a time share. This property is well located on West 57th btwn 6th and 7th. The staff is great, the studios are ultra small, the 1 bdrms ok. The gym has gd equip but now in a dark windowless basement. Wood be ok w/o hard core time share sales session. Ok as hotel at $299-pass at $499 or as time share.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Thank Randi E. C
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at West 57th Street by Hilton Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. We like to explain that some rooms are smaller than others, however our studios units are larger than regular hotel rooms in the midtown area. All promotional stays are based on a reduced rate with an invitation to a marketing presentation. We like to share that we are constantly improving our product to maintain our quality of service..

Laurie Del Sole
General manager

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better location to shopping, transportation, central park, and restaurants. We were fortunate to stay in the penthouse and it was VERY large and comfortable. It's a definite must and we will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna Lynn B
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The location is great. Very close to Central Park. Down side is if you stay at the hotel for less than 3 or 4 days you have to pay an extra room cleaning fee. As a Hilton Grand Vacation club member I feel this fee is ridiculous and it's just Hilton's way of sticking it to us. Staff seemed friendly and knowledgeable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Da84bennett1
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at West 57th Street Hilton. It is in a great location - close to Central Park, good restaurants, the Theatre District, and subways. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was roomy and well appointed. My only problem with this property is that it is VERY hard to get a reservation here. I cannot think of any negatives to the hotel. The staff is very efficient and our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marmc60
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We visited January 17-23 and after passing by the Hilton Hotel on 54th's "grand" entrance we nearly missed the Hilton GV Club entrance (Signage, entrance, including lobby very small and obscure even by New York standards). Although we made reservation months in advance, The front desk worker informed us there was only one, one bedroom left and it is was a modified wheelchair accessible room. They went on to tell us if we wanted to change rooms we would have to check out of room and leave bags with concierge and they would call us "if" something else became available! Rather than risk never receiving a call, and losing our room, needless to say, we decided to stay. The room was a nice 1 bedroom on the 12th floor with an ok view. My wife ordered room service (if you will), a slice of cheesecake they brought over from restaurant down the block ($20.00!!! I assume they charged by the minute to walk it over). While there the cable went out, the bedside lamps, and the phone stopped working. One day it snowed and we decided to sleep in. When housekeeping arrived I told them we had everything we needed for the day (enough towels etc. to go one day without replenishment) but she insisted on giving us more towels. She added surely you need more towels? I said no we are fine and she responded "you must not take baths daily?" I told her again we would be fine for the day. Another day while waiting for elevator I overheard female housekeeper and male staffer joking about his "7 inches". There was nothing Grand about this place other than the location (W.57th between 6th and 7th) the complimentary Voss water and the helpful Bellmen. It was just ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lashaunda K

Please allow me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment of your past stay. What you experienced is truly unacceptable and this is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves. Kindly contact me personally at ldelsole@hgvc.com as I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. I look forward to hearing from you and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Laurie Del Sole