“Totally Enjoyed Our Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of West 57th Street by Hilton Club

West 57th Street by Hilton Club
Ranked #65 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Totally Enjoyed Our Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at the West 57th Street by Hilton Club in a lovely king studio premier on the 21st floor with a balcony overlooking 57th street, a wonderful soaking tub, and a separate shower. We would have given an excellent rating, but there is no onsite restaurant and although our room had a little refrigerator, a microwave would have made our stay perfect. The staff were very knowledgeable, accommodating, and friendly. We were happy to find an umbrella in our closet for complimentary use during our stay as it rained one day. The concierge service was extremely helpful. Since it was our first time to the city we had lots of questions and they gave good advice. There is a subway station one block away when going to the left as you exit the hotel. There are several restaurants nearby as well as food trucks. Central Park in two blocks away. The area is very safe for walking. One evening we walked 13 blocks to 44th street to see a 7PM production of the Phantom of the opera. There were hundreds upon hundreds of people out walking to theatres. The blocks seem short and with all of the activity in the area, the 20 minute walk felt like 10 minutes. We took a cab from LaGuardia to the hotel when we arrived and that was about $35, but by the time we left we knew our way around a little bit and took the subway to LaGuardia. It was easy! This is a great hotel, in a great location for vacationing on Manhattan Island. We are looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Higher floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank conniej238
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at West 57th Street by Hilton Club, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at West 57th Street by Hilton Club and complementing our staff as we strive to ensure that all our guest’s needs are met. I was delighted that you were very happy with your accommodations and pleased that you enjoyed the restaurants in New York City. Thank you for your recommendations for other guests visiting our city and we look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future.

Laurie Del Sole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was too notch, of course, the room was fine, GREAT location and fine amenities. It's a contemporary style and it works, although the room was a little small, but it is Manhattan, after all. The TV was hard to figure out, and I was disappointed that there weren't in-room movies.

But, I would go back because while small the room was comfortable and the location was terrific.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BGBeth
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for your kind words regarding our staff, which will be shared with our team members. I am extremely delighted to learn that we met your expectations and value your feedback regarding our facility. Please know that we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was in a great location, and the bed & sheets were super comfortable! Still trying to find out where they purchase their sheets, to order some myself!
We stayed for a promotion, but don't think I would pay full price for this hotel. It was very nice, but nothing spectacular for the amount of money per night. For the type of hotel, I would have expected the staff to be more friendly, but we would walk in the door & half the time the staff never even looked up to greet us when arriving. The rooms were very updated & nice, nothing much on the view from our room...just a view of construction.
It is located on a busy street, so if you are looking for a quiet place this wouldn't be it.
Overall it was very clean, updated, and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KMN-SSB
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here with our two teenage boys and had plently of room. We even brought an air mattress and it fit fine in the small living room with the pull out couch. The mattress on the pull out couch was very comfortable, but not very long. Taller guest may have a problem with this. We had a microwave brought to the room and there is a small fridge to keep waters and cokes cold. Our room was on a higher floor and noise was not a problem. I loved the deep bathtub in the bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. The location of the property is great! Literally steps away from one subway line and a block away from the NQR line. You are away from the hustle of the crowds at Time Square, but can get there either by walking or the subway. Very close to Central Park. There is a pharmacy/market right next door and a couple of doors away there is a grocery store. Loved the in room wi-fi. We had no problem with the wi-fi.

Would love if the hotel provided breakfast and it would be nice to have ice machines on each floor. It was a pain to have to keep going to the lobby to get more ice.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank casavaldez
Elkton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our stay at the Hilton was very good. The Room was clean. The refigerator was too small & had a problem with the coffee maker. The representatives of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Hotel location was great, able to walk to everything we wanted to see.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

2 Thank Michael A. M
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The cost is so high yet NYC is always expensive. But I didn't see any reason to stay here especially since they provided no perks for HHonors Diamonds. I prefer Hiltons that provide breakfast & an Executive Floor with the perks that come LONG WITH BEING A DIAMOND MEMBER.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

1 Thank Leslie P
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at West 57th Street by Hilton Club, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is disappointing to read that we were unable to meet your expectations as it is our goal to make you enjoy your experience and return. In regards to your comments about a complimentary access to Club Lounge, Hilton Grand Vacation Properties share different benefits for Hilton Honors members due to the timeshare concept. Please kindly contact me directly at ldelsole@hgvc.com and I will be glad to discuss them with you. In the interim I remain at your service.

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just had another wonderful stay (June 23- July 14, 2014) at West 57th Street by Hilton Club. I was worried about overstaying our welcome, but they were always consistent with their excellent service (This is our second stay - last year, August of 2013, we stayed about 3 weeks with the same excellent experience). I would give this place 10 stars if I could! Special thanks to Miss Tracyn at the front desks for her thoughtfulness - she is always smiling friendly and very thoughtful and considerate ( my daughter Rebekah reminded me to write my review and make special mention of Miss Tracyn. My family and I so appreciated her ♥ . ). Also, special thanks to the manager ( sorry, I forgot his name; but he's soft-spoken, tall, dark, and handsome ) for being patient and kind (my husband really appreciated him). He let me switch to a newly renovated higher floor unit with a view of a rooftop garden and the top of the Empire State Building. I so enjoyed staring through the floor-to-ceiling windows at night to watch the glorious city night lights! And special thanks to the gentleman from the bell service ( I should know his name because he is the ever-so-smiling-friendly guy at the door ). He was able to get us a minivan taxi cab to fit all of us and all of our luggages and belongings - amazing! BTW, my girls and I enjoyed looking at those beautiful orchids in the lobby (it seemed like they are changed and replaced every few days or so) everyday. My son probably never noticed them :D ....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family