“Fantastic Restaurant”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: between eight and ninth ave
Transit: subway a c e on eight avenue and 44th street
Description: "Featuring the glory of Tuscan meat - bistecca fiorentina (28 oz certified angus porter house steak for one or a 50 oz. for two) brushed with Tuscan olive oil, garlic and rosemary seared over aromatic wood. Also featuring other steak house favorites and authentic Tuscan dishes with a specialty in wild game"
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We happened upon this little gem on our adventure in trying to find dinner that pleased everyone. I have never been here before, but I will definitely come back the next time I am in the city.

The food was amazing. I had the Lobster Ravioli which was overstuffed with lobster in a pink cream sauce. The bruschetta and calamari were fantastic as well.

The service was polite, friendly, and attentive. The restaurant was clean, and the ambiance was cozy and warming.

If you're in the theatre district and looking for some great food, check this place out. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Jody8881

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great choice for pre-theater dinner, in a cozy Italian restaurant that made us feel we had travelled back to Florence. Reasonable prix fix menu options, I had the veal with mushrooms, prosciutto and wine sauce and my wife had the brook trout, both delicious. Dinner included both a first course and dolce. Waiters were pleasant, but not on top of us, we definitely did not feel rushed even though the place was packed. Couple next to us we're regulars from Boston who told us it was one of their favorites and we could see why. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

In the theatre district, this very pleasant restaurant is worth a visit by tourists looking for somewhere other than the fast food outlets. Not cheap, but not unreasonably expensive either.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

One of several nice little brownstone places on Restaurant Row in NYC. Food and service were top-notch. It was nice sitting outside despite the traffic noise. Mussels and soup were great apps. For entrees, I had filet and my wife had pasta and salmon. Both were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went to this restaurant because I have had the bistecca fiorentina in Florence and wanted to try it out in this neck of the woods. It was not disappointing. The flavor was really good and it was cooked to order. The appetizers were ok. But the shaved prosciutto is thinly sliced and to die for. When you visit this restaurant DO NOT leave without trying the prosciutto. My wife and children (grown ups) had good food also. The service was outstanding and I would go back.