“Great Food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th Avenue and Central Park South, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Transit: N,W,R to the 5th Avenue Station, F Train to 57th, 1, A,C,B,D at Columbus Circle
New York
“Great Food”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Found the service to be very good, the food quality was great. Dissappointed to hear it has closed

Visited December 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Try somewhere else for breakfast”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Breakfast was expensive - but I can deal with that. But expensive and cold - not a good mixture. Eggs Benedict and Coffee both were served cold to my guest. I had oatmeal and juice - both were fine. The waiter asked how we enjoyed breakfast and the guest complained. The manager removed the charge but this was not an enjoyable time.

I like this restaurant for lunch but try somewhere else for a lower stress breakfast.

PS: Get a table in the front near the front near Central Park. Do not settle for a table at the back of the house if you can avoid it.

Visited December 2011
Ocean Ridge, Florida
“Wonderful cuisine - we had our dinner party there.........”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The name BLT was very scary to me. Amex assured me this was a very fine restaurant, being in the Ritz Carlton Central Park, and they were right. We had a dinner party for 8
of us, and it certainly was not Bacon, Lettuce & Tomatoes! BLT is the initials of the chef...
The menu changes with the season, and had wonderful fresh selections. When I asked for blueberries for dessert, they came in a huge bowl, were so fresh. We were all delighted with our selections! I would highly recommend this restaurant, whether you are staying at the Ritz or not.

• Visited September 2011
Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent food, but limited choices with some unusual combinations”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We visited BLT Market for a mid-week dinner. Every food item was perfectly prepared (pepper steak; hamichi; green salad with quail egg) and offered appropriately sized portions. The service was professional and the dining space was almost comfortable -- much better than most restaurants in NY.

Prices were reasonable for the quality of food in NYC -- but certainly not a bargain. Our bill for 2 appetizers, 1 entree, 1 side order of mushrooms & 1 modest glass of wine was $118, before tip.

My one suggestion is to look over the menu online before heading to this restaurant; I didn't, and was surprised by the relatively limited variety of choices. But if you like what the menu offers, you should enjoy BLT Market.

• Visited September 2011