“They know how to create a fun night!”
Review of Apollo Theater

US$55.00*
Harlem Sightseeing and Apollo Theater Multimedia Walking Tour
Ranked #68 of 1,122 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The symbol of the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s, the Apollo is still the place to perform in Harlem.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a great time during amateur night at the Apollo Theater last month. Great atmosphere, and very nice to see how they get the crowd excited. Great Harlem experience!

1  Thank stepe86

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to the Top Dog amateur night.
The preshow host was full of energy, and the performers were amazing - especially the child performers.
Go see a piece of history - you won't regret it.

1  Thank Etay_Elazar
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a ball at the Amateur Night at the Apollo. The atmosphere was great, the seat were great, the talent was great!!! Loved the surprise visit from Ron & Ernie Isley made the trip well worth it!!!

1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A place my family will never forget! Glad we had an opportunity to visit the Apollo. The Apollo Theater is located in Harlem and there is parking. I was worried about parking and the area the theater is in, and I was not going to go to the show, but I am happy that I did go. Arrived in the area early to find parking, we parked in a parking lot right behind the Apollo building. Bring cash for parking. The show was great, so much great talent and bad talent ;-)). The show lasted about 2 hours. Would definitely visit the Apollo again. If you are sitting in the top section, be prepared to walk up many stairs.

2  Thank cricketts31
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I took my mother and 12 year old daughter to Amateur Night at the Apollo. We had a blast. They are very organized and even though the line was long (you better purchase tix in advance because they were sold out), we moved fairly quickly. The theater is beautiful and there isn't a single bad seat if you sit on the main level. We were to the left of the center and probably 10 rows back. Our seats were perfect! I cannot speak for the top-two tiers, but the main floor seats are awesome. This is an absolute must if you're in town!