“Nice family restaurant”

Basera Indian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Basera Indian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,379 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 50th and 51st Streets
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had nice food and good service at this restaurant. The food was well cooked even if you should not expect gourmet food here. The place was busy when we visited but the staff was very helpful and gave nice service. If you want a high end experience maybe this place is not for you. You may find it a bit simple. But we liked this place and are happy to recommend it. This place is better suited for a family dinner than a more sophisticated eating experience.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The location was good and the restaurant was clean, but the service was poor and I have to yell at the waiter to come to serve me or wait for him to show up. The price for the soda was $3 plus tax and they charge for refilling. On top of that, The chicken curry and the Tikka Masala wasn't fresh, I can tell by the way it taste. There was not as much variety on the menu as what it should be. overall, I didn't feel satisfied for this experience.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I came here with friends. They had already eaten, so got dessert while I got some chicken tikka masala. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was alright. We had a big group and the restaurant was pretty empty at Thursday, 10pm. No mininum spend required.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is simply the best Indian food I've ever eaten, at extraordinarily reasonable prices. Their Lamb Jakaresh is worth a trip to New York City. Four of us dined together, sampling each other's meals, and the quality of all the food was excellent. It is perfectly spiced, perfectly prepared food. Each serving is large enough (for me anyway) to provide a second meal. It was so good I finished it off for breakfast the next day. When I go to New York and am asked where I want to eat, I always say "Basera" without a moment's hesitation.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The dishes were very, very good and prepared as we requested. The staff was very, very attentive, lol. A very, very nice little Indian Bistro in Hell's Kitchen just around the block from the Gershwin Theater, where we enjoyed our pre-theater dinner. Skip the Masala Chai. Enjoy everything else!