“Great for Large Group”

Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Transit: 6 TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Park Avenue South) 1 TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Seventh Avenue) N/R/W TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Broadway) Pranna is also convenient to Union Square and Grand Central Stations
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Got great offers and LARGE food options for a business group. Great location and style. Food and drinks were excellent.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Good happy hour, cheap the price.The dishes are not very big,
but a little particular.The bar closes at 9pm

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Background: married Indian couple in our late 20s visiting from London. I had heard of this place vaguely and we were out walking and had made no dinner plans and saw this was a couple of blocks away.

We had no reservation so we were asked to wait and see if there was a table available. First impressions were great, the decor was great and the bar along the left was buzzing. We were then escorted to a table and there was a bar in the restaurant also (very loud party going on). We were served butter naan with two types of chutneys-one tomato based and one yogurt based and table water.

We chose three small plates: wok fired nuts with spices and chilli, potato and paneer croquettes and the vegetable spring rolls. We were served the last two first and did not get served the nuts until after we had finished the first two plates. We thought it would have been better if the nuts had been served first or at least with the small plates together as we had ordered a beer and a cocktail called the Pranna (grape cocktail).

The drink was delicious and the small plates were good, but the service took a steep drop as our mains were delivered (red Thai curry and pad Thai with chicken). Firstly the food was awful, far too sweet and my Pad Thai looked as though a frozen veg mix had been bombed on it. There was no spice or hint of chilli despite the waitress warning me that it would be spicy. I could not really stomach the food and then we were completely ignored and were not asked how the food was even though it had hardly been touched. We asked for the bill and the plates were taken away despite being hardly eaten and we had to wait ages for the check and we still left a small tip which we thought was more than they deserved. We would go for drinks only and that would be a stretch. Please save your money!

1  Thank Shika P
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My friend and I decided on this restaurant due to its location (it was close to our hotel). Also, they offered late night dining. The atmosphere of the restaurant was quite nice. I loved the lighting and ambience.

The waiter took our drink order but didn't return for quite some time. It took a little longer than we would've expected considering the restaurant was practically empty. As we sipped our drinks, we both had a puzzled look on our faces. We decided to try each other's drinks. After a few seconds, we both realized the waiter had given her my drink and vice versa. Really? There's two of us. On a side note, the restaurant was pretty loud and we could barely hear our waiter. I would think that having a clear and loud speaking voice would be a prerequisite when hiring a waiter.

We then proceeded to order several appetizers: steamed pork buns (Yum!), chicken samosa, grilled chicken satay (Dry) and steamed lobster and pork shumai. For most of our dinner, the waiter was nowhere to be found.

Would I dine here again? Probably not. If I get around to it, make I'll try to the lounge one day.

1  Thank Susana I
Reviewed 5 December 2013

If you like to dance and be in NYC this is the place! The food was great and the dance party, even better!!