“Great Food, Great Tour and I live here!”
Review of New York Fun Tours

Best of Brooklyn Half-Day Food and Culture Tour
Ranked #83 of 652 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Providing unique and fun ways to experience the individual character of Manhattan's popular downtown neighborhoods and Brooklyn. Different and distinctive from large, impersonal group tours, New York Fun Tours will take you on chauffeured journeys through the most historic and thriving neighborhoods. Each tour can be tailored to your interests, and it is our main goal that at the end of your trip, you leave with a sense of the city, and a greater knowledge of the city and its culture.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We got this tour as a Christmas gift and I have to say I loved it. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday - eating and learning about where I live!!!From Manhattan, we went over the Williamsburg Bridge and started our food and sights tour.We visited a really good Polish restaurant and ate way too much. From there we went onto a fabulous pizza restaurant and each one of us had a slice and a cannoli! From there we went to DUMBO and at Jacques Torres had a sample of 2 truffels and then a taste of delicious ice cream! All the while seeing some beautiful sights, like getting a picture of the Empire State Building framed through the Manhattan bridge! From there we went to Sunset Park and had a Cuban sandwich picnic lunch and took in the skyline of NYC!! Laurie, our tour guide, was a font of knowledge and interesting tidbits. She is not even from NYC but knows so more about the place and loves to share her love for the city. Jimmy, our driver, was always right there waiting to take us all around in comfort.
I would highly recommend this tour. I didn't want the day to be over but sad to say one does have to go home at some point. Now I have 3 new places to explore and continue the fun!!!.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 54 reviews
"explore brooklyn"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 38 reviews
in 36 reviews
"van"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just got back from the NYC tour with Fun New York Tours in the 1975 convertible caprice. It was great. Issac was a fantastic tour guide. It was very formative and fun at the same time! A private tour in a convertible is definitely the way to see NY!!! A must do for anyone visiting NYC.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

What a FUN day!!! Isaac is an amazing tour guide. He took us through many interesting neighboroods and had great facts and stories to share with us every place we went. The food was great... from the Polish delicacies in Greenpoint to the mouth-watering brick-oven pizza and mini canollis to the delectable chocolates and cookies at Jacques Torres to the delicious Cuban sandwiches in Sunset Park. Just the right amount of walking and bus touring, all led by the friendly, engaging Isaac. I highly recommend this tour with one warning -- BE HUNGRY!!! There's LOTS of food.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first tour of Brooklyn and my first food tour. Loved both aspects. Isaac was a terrific guide and the stops were excellent. I would highly recommend this tour. Unique, interesting and yummy! Come hungry and pace yourself. We stopped for rugeluch, polish sausage and cabbage, pizza, cannolis, chocolate, and cuban sandwiches! I'm sure the menu changes but in any event - be prepared to eat!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my second trip to NYC and first time going on a food tour and it was great. Isaac was our guide and he lived up to expectations from previous reviews that I had read. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and ensured that everyone had a great time. The places that we ate at were really good and I thoroughly recommend this tour to anyone wishing to sample great food, be entertained by great guides and also get over to Brooklyn and see a parts of town they would normally not see.