“Very fun if you are prepared”
Review of Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I went to the show today with 2 of my daughters. I sent an email about a month ago and received a response within a week. We had tickets for 10:00 arrived at 8:45 and we were 45th,46th & 47th in line. They started letting everyone in around 10:00, you went thru security and a bag search then waited in another room which had some baked goods, water bottles and access to restrooms. About 10;45 they started letting people into the actual studio according to your color coded tickets (it did seem like the most attractive, best dressed people went in first) We were in the studio until 1:00 we saw many different segments. It was freezing in the studio, so a sweater is a must! Joey the comedian was great, the stage manager was friendly and interactive and the segments were all fun to watch. I would definitely do it again.

3  Thank Kathleen E

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My Daughter requested 3 tickets and received a response very quickly for the taping yesterday 2/7/14. The process was extremely easy. When arrived we were greeted by two lovely girls who had us sign in, go on line, and fill out the waivers while on line. We were then brought in a room (a little too small for the amount of people)where Joey got us all excited. Waited there for about an hour before going into the studio. After being seated, Joey continued to keep us entertained and introduced many of the studio employees. Rachael came out and spoke with us for a few minutes, very nice and joking with us. The guest was Regis and his wife Joy, which were both extremely funny and took the time to speak to us while the were on the break from taping. After reading the reviews that Rachael was cold, rude to the staff, etc. - I did not see that at all in her! Yes, there were times when the taping had to stop for a reason or two, and yes I did see Rachael speak to staff and maybe ask for something, or do something differently, but by my seat it did not look rude at all, after all it is work for all of them! and she is the boss!!
The taping took about 2 hours. As soon as it was over, they want you out of there, so the next audience can be bought in for the next taping. We were the 1st of 3 tapings that day.
YES, when they say arrive early to make sure you get in, they mean it! The show recommends 1 hour earlier, I would say closer at least an 1 1/2 hour - 2 hours if you really want to make sure you get in.

5  Thank Nellie B
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is the first time I have ever been an audience for a tv show, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I requested tickets in mid December, and got an email in a week or 2 regarding a show in mid January. I wrote back right away and requested 4 tix, which is the max. They emailed back a confirmation in beginning of January, which I had to email back a confirmed number of guests. My number changed from 4 to 2 people. My parents did not want to go and I don't know about making friends take a day off to go.

Our show was 11:00 and check in time was 10am. The night before, I read some info on this site about people having to get there at least 1 1/2 hours before check in time!!! Omg. Due to family commitments, by the time we got into NYC by bus, and by the time we got on the long RR line, it was 9:15! Shortly after we got there, another 50 people lined up behind us. There was no free coffee or food while waiting on line, as previous reviewers mentioned. When the assistants came around to count and give out tickets, we were the last two people to be able to get in!!! Everyone behind us had to go home! We were really lucky. We stood for a long time, and because of that I am glad I did not make my older parents attend with us. And due to the fact that you might not get in, I am glad I did not make friends take a day off to come with us. It was just me and my husband and if we didn't get in, we would just stroll the city.

So we waited, and started going in around 10:30. There was security, body and bag search, and they put us in a small room, while a manager/comedian comes and gives us tips, and explains how to applaud, ooh and aah, etc. he was really funny! In this little room, there are Sara Lee packaged muffins, brownies, and strudels, and water bottles. Then we line up to go into the studio. The seats were comfy, the studio was freezing cold. We were all the way in the back but grateful we got in.

They had the audience participate by standing behind RR when it started so we got to be up there. RR is nice and friendly and talked to the audience. After we did our part and got back to our seats, it was fun to watch. The manager/comedian joked during commercial breaks. The food smelled divine but we did not get to taste any. We left with a free book (of the author that was speaking) and a RR magazine. I think we were done by 12:00 or 12:30. All in all, it was fun and interesting. Not sure if I would do it again. As other had said, it was a long time standing and waiting. Once may be enough!

5  Thank LavaJava96
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Wow. I was officially stunned by our experience. We got in line around 9:30 for a 12:30 showing and all went well. Our warm up guy, Joey was AMAZING. Great comedian. Always gave us a laugh. At 12:30 we were escorted into the studio, and we sat front and center which was exciting! We could not wait to see RR and find out who the guests were. When she came out to greet the audience, she was cold, even seemingly annoyed that she had to do the show. In fact, she said that she was on her 9th hour of her day because she did GMA earlier and still had two shows to record after this one. She complained! She rolled her eyes and was not at all the perky, spunky personality we've come to know on her show. After a few tapings we were able to see how she acted with her attentive staff. That was by far the most disheartening. She was firm- yes, but the real problem was her ungrateful attitude. She would roll her eyes at her staff and say things like 'well what do you expect me to do?' And 'well use your head...' Very upsetting. Clearly her staff was walking on eggshells around her and that was awful. I feel like Joey was trying to distract the audience between segments so that we wouldn't pay attention to her attitude. Very, very uncomfortable and at the end of the show RR again said that this is just the beginning of her day and we had to get out quickly so that the next batch of audience guests could come in. Thanks, RR. I won't be contributing to your viewership again.

148  Thank Jazzandmanny
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I got my email surprisingly quick after I spoke to several other people at the show. The process was easy and we got there a couple of hour earlier than check in time. Yes we waited but there was a complimentary coffee and snacks truck alongside so that people can grab something while waiting in line. There are also plenty of great food truck to grab a bite. I read the other reviews before I went to get a general idea of what to expect. They do not serve food to you, its a free show, not a free meaUl.......
you are not guaranteed a ticket but that is why you go early. The only people to be refused entry were the people who did not read the email and showed up late for the morning show. They give you a check in time and tell you to arrive before that, some people thought that they could just walk in at the time. I assume the people at the end of the line also were refused entry. The studio is not big and I would assume they overbook because they are free and people sometimes dont show.....
You are escorted ito a holding room where there is water and snacks, not gourmet but very nice consideringi, again this is a free ticket. you can also use the restrooms.
The comedian/coordinator was GREAT. Very funny very clear and concise, makes is easy to understand what you need to do. They encourage you to use bathroom because once you are in, they dont want you to get up, this is a show taping.... I think that's fair.
Once inside you are seated in an orderly fashion there is really not a bad seat and from there you have alot of fun. We got some good prizes but still wouldve had a great time if I didnt get them.
After the show they try to get you out asap, no bathroom runs, I cant blame them, it would be chaos, anyway, its NC there are bathrooms all over!
Rachael was good and her guest were too, she is a professional, and it is work to her, she and her staff seemed to appreciate us participating, there were not autographs, etc, that was not what it was about, plus she was doing a booksigning later, if I really wanted to shake her hand I wouldve done that.
It was great, I would do it again and would recommend it to anyone, just dont plan on doing too many other things that day, it takes alot of time but I thought it was worth it!

7  Thank anniem4690