“Good Price”

Ranked #329 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lake Forest, California
“Good Price”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was small but was actually all you needed while in New York. The room was very clean and the staff were so helpful! The breakfast was ok, I've had better but then again I also paid more for the room I was staying in so you really do get what you pay for. The hotel was a little difficult for us to find but I'm happy this was where we decided to stay.

2 Thank 900Ashley
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us. We do offer the standard Choice Comfort Inn breakfast and do change the offerings each day. We are always open to suggestions for ways to improve the breakfast. Please share your thoughts with us. Please come stay with us again soon!

Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
Corner Brook, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very decent room by NY standards. Friendly and very nice cleaning staff. Good breakfast buffet, though they need more seating to accommodate everyone. Front desk staff wasn't as friendly as I expected, given other reviews, but no real problems. Right in Chinatown and there are some interesting sites within walking distance--Museum of the Chinese in America, Synagogue museum, Tenement Museum, and so on. Family friendly as well, especially as there is a lot of playground space across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Planeagain
We appreciate you staying at our hotel and providing feedback on your stay. It provides us with an opportunity to celebrate what we are doing well and improve where we can. I will certainly share your comments with our team. It is great to hear you enjoyed the location and were able to explore the area. You definately went to some of my favorite site. Please come stay with us again soon.

All the best!
212-925-1177
Corner Brook, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's not cheap of course. Nothing in Manhattan is, but this is budget by comparison with most and it's pretty comfortable. The room was not the matchbox size I'd experienced in Manhattan before and it comes with a reasonable serve yourself breakfast too. There are muffins, bread and croissants, as well as egg (hard boiled in the fridge or hot) and either bacon or sausage, make yourself waffles etc. The breakfast room can get pretty crowded at times.

The staff were helpful and friendly and there is generally a nice, relaxed feel about the place.

The hotel is right in Chinatown and this is a very lively part of the city. A whole string of play areas lies across the street for those with kids and our daughter played there for an average of an hour a day. There are several interesting smaller museums nearby, a Chinese museum, giving a lot of information about the history of Chinese people in the area (including the exclusions laws and prejudices that carried right on well into the twentieth century) as well as the Jewish Tenement Museum and a synagogue museum. All of these are within easy walking distance and they provide a slower paced but no less interesting experience than the sometimes overwhelming large scale institutions like the Met and the Natural History Museum much further uptown.

All in all a good base especially if you want to explore the southern quarter of Manhattan.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paul B
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. It is a great overview of the hotel and location. I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy the many smaller museums in our neighborhood. The Tenement Museum is one of my favorites. The park across the street is fantastic for people traveling with children. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I recently traveled to New York and stayed at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge (CIMB) - most of the trip was for pleasure and part was for business. Being that we had never been to Manhattan before, we were advised to stay in the East Village area as it's a trendy place. Not knowing what exactly constitutes "East Village", we stayed here - which is more Chinatown / Little Italy.

Room:
In doing a lot of research on NY hotels, the CIMB offered a much larger room size for equivalent or less price than many of it's competitors in the area, or throughout Manhattan. We had enough space to store our luggage, came with a safe, and stand-up external closet and a desk. The bathroom was quite spacious but had very limited counter space.

We stayed on the 2nd floor (room 202); being so close to the ground we had a lot of outside noise. Most noise came through the bathroom window so we closed the bathroom door through the evening to dampen the noise. If you are a light sleeper I'd ask to stay on a higher floor (if possible). Overall we were very satisfied with the room, especially for the rate.

Service:
The front desk folks were relatively friendly; they would say hello and goodbye as would leave. We made a point to initiate greetings so I cannot say if they were like that with all guests; I would hope so. Check-in was quick, and check-out was very smooth. The house keepers made sure our rooms were clean by 2:00 PM each day (as we'd come back by 3:00 PM to rest after lots of sightseeing).

One thing that would have been nice would have been a mini fridge within the room. There was space within the closet to store one. I realize this is an added cost to the hotel and maybe that is why there isn't one. However, there is a wine/liquor store half a block south and a beer store 3 1/2 blocks north; it would be nice to have stored a few cold drinks in the room to have as a night cap or during our down time.

Within the hotel they have those cards that ask guests to conserve towels. However, due to the humidity in New York it was near impossible for a damp towel in the morning to actually dry by the next morning. Therefore the "conservation tip" isn't relevant. Some days the house keepers did not provide fresh towels which was slightly annoying, but didn't ruin the stay. Overall, the room was cleaned each day with very little issues.

Location:
Depending on what your intentions are for a New York visit, it is hard to comment on the location. For us, we never really visited Chinatown of Little Italy, so we spent most of our time walking away from that area of taking the subway to other parts of the town. However, roughly 1 mile away there are some trendy restaurants that we bar hopped too (I think it was SoHo). Being that we did these later in the evening, walking back to the hotel was not an issue; we didn't feel unsafe whatsoever. There is also a subway station 1 block north and will get you to pretty much anywhere in the city. The B/D subway line was a fantastic spot and required for little transfers within the city.

CIMB is also really close to the financial district and the 9/11 Memorial. If you have good shoes it is walking distance. This is also close to the Brooklyn Bridge which was a lot of fun to walk and a must do for lower Manhattan.

Tips:
- If you are like us and don't spend much time in this area invest in a good pair of walking shoes. We covered about 20-25 miles in 6 days and even with decent sneakers, we got nasty blisters
- CIMB offers free wifi, make sure you log-in with the "comfortinn" account and not the "Comfort Inn" account. The speeds are drastically different and reduces all frustration with wifi speeds.
- The included continental breakfast is "OK". It is mostly pastries, waffles, sugary-yogurts and such. My wife has a gluten intolerance so we pretty much ate fruit at CIMB and then left. If the continental breakfast is the selling point for you to book here, don't let it be.

Would we stay again?
Yes and No. Our stay was great and had no problems. The subway is nice and close and we felt safe. However, when we go back to NY we would probably stay in a different area, just to try something new.

10 Thank brenmiller85
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
What an incredibly detailed review. Thank you for taking the time to post it, to better assist future NYC guests in making the best lodging decision for their stay. I appreciate your feedback on our conservation/re-use program. NYC does get some humid days, but is not typical. I completely agree on humid days the towels would probably not dry out. I will follow up with the staff to ensure they are replacing the towel when the towels are not hung.

I always advise guests about the importance of good walking shoes. The city is amazing to see on foot. I have found the best restautants and shops, from wandering the city. I am glad you enjoyed the city on foot too. I will look into the two WiFi logins. We recently increased our bandwidth and you may have been here during the conversion. My apologies that was not communicate better, if so. I appreciate your feedback on breakfast. It is a standard Comfort Inn breakfast, but we do have some flexibility. I have celiac and also cannot have gluten. The eggs, breakfast meats, rice krispies, yogurt and beverages are all gluten free. If you let us know of your concerns we are always happy to assist in finding something that will work too.

We hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in NYC.

Gwen D Lytle
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge in early June. We had a great view from our room. The hotel staff was very polite. Our room was decent-size for NYC. And, it was clean. The Grand St. subway station is two blocks away with access to the B and D lines. It was very easy to connect to other lines at W 4th St.
I would definitely stay here again as long as the price was reasonable.

2 Thank Angenette5
I will certainly share your review with my staff. I am glad they took good care of you. I am glad to hear that our hotel offered a good stay and value to you. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I recently went to NYC to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We travel a lot and are budget conscious so we were thrilled when we stumbled upon the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge. Upon checking into our room, we were welcomed with a note of congratulations and a delicious surprise from the hotel staff. This started our stay off superbly and the whole week we felt like the staff were genuinely interested in making our stay comfortable. A little goes a long way and this Comfort Inn certainly tries. Highly recommend the hotel based on staff attentiveness (housekeeping was also great), location, amenities nearby, and comfort.

3 Thank amy_ami
Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding celebration trip to NYC. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. We really appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next stay with us.

All the best for many wonderful anniversaries ahead!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights May 31-June 6 2014. A very clean, with spacious Manhattan hotel rooms. Bathroom was roomy with plenty of hot water and great water pressure. Great friendly staff. Gwen responded quickly to emails and all the staff we encountered were kind and very helpful. Is located on the edge of Chinatown that tends to be a little on the dirty side but very safe. Little Italy was a short walk as well as SOHO. Hotel has a great view of the Manhattan Bridge from the upper floors. The D train was a short walk from the hotel. Very good free breakfast that even when busy was fully stocked. If you are looking for a very clean hotel in a convenient area to explore the city for a reasonable cost, look no further than Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom F
It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor to assist others in planning their NYC trips. I am always happy to assist guests as well. I am glad my emails were helpful. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

All the best!