“Good Hotel”

Ranked #319 of 467 Hotels in New York City
North Carolina
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is located at the end of China town steps away from the Manhattan Bridge - Check in was fast, the hotel clerk was friendly and very helpful providing us with a map and directions to the East Village, Soho, and Little Italy. The room and bathroom were small but very clean, bright, and modern looking - we had a good view from the 11th floor, a good night's rest, very quiet and peaceful - The hallways and elevator were also large and bright. Breakfast was free but not very good (hard day old pastries mostly). Our only complaint was no hot water which we didn't discover until the next morning. Overall, this is a good hotel to stay at in China town and very walkable - we walked from the hotel all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge stopping along the way to tour the the areas mentioned above - felt very safe here. I gave the hotel a 4 rating instead of 5 because we had to take cold showers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 478carmenw
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
We appreciate you selecting our hotel, the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, for your stay in NYC. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. The feedback is very beneficial so we can focus where we are doing well and focus on what we can improve. I am glad you enjoyed the staff, location and hotel overall. We will look for ways to improve the breakfast quality and freshness and check into the hot water concerns. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in NYC.

Area General Manager
Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked this hotel through a promotion but not until reading the reviews. Although some reviews on Yelp were very discouraging those on TripAdvisor gave us the courage to go ahead and book. We are very glad we did. The hotel is 2 blocks from the subway allowing for easy access to the entire city! Chinatown and Little Italy are also within walking distance. The room is big for NYC standards and was very clean. A second chair and minifridge would be a nice addition but we didn't spend much time in the rooms. The bathroom is also a nice size with a large shower but no tub. The free breakfast, cereal, eggs, waffles, yougart and fruit gave us a good start to the day. Also, the staff was very helpful, especially Joele (sp?) who was very helpful to these out of towners.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 3rd floor have less street noise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a try. We appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad you were able to explore Little Italy and Chinatown. The restaurants and shopping are wonderful in this area. It certainly is easy to travel by subway to anywhere in NYC. I will certain share your kind words with Johel and the rest of the team. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in NYC.

Area General Manager
212-925-1177
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked hotel through Travelzoo promo, but not before checking the reviews on Tripadvisor, The experience all around was even better than the reviews that I read. Conveniently Located on the edge of China Town it is barely 2 blocks to the subway and a short walk to Little Italy and/or the East Village. The hotel and room was modern,clean,included wifi and surprisingly quiet inside for The City. We stayed in a queen room that was spacious by NYC standards w/ good size bathroom with tub. The bed was comfy and we had a nice view of the Manhattan bridge.There is a complimentary breakfast complete with make your own waffles, fruit cereals, yogurt, etc...and plenty of fresh hot coffee.
One of the greatest features of the area is the 2 block family oriented park directly across the street from the hotel. Families were playing handball, marjan, line dancing, basketball etc. and it made for some great times "just watching people and getting the flavor of the city.
Hands down the top of my list for this hotel would be the Staff and the excellent treatment we received throughout our stay. We were always greeted when coming and going from the hotel. I have to single out Paul at the front desk as he truly went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I had a accident while in the city that landed me in the ER, on crutches, stitched and splinted from face to toe.This obviously would abbreviate my stay. I approached the desk and told Paul that I could not finish my stay there and asked if there was any way to cancel my last night at the hotel. He explained that because i booked through Travelzoo that I would have to contact them and tell l them of medical emergency and have them contact the hotel. I did try to contact them but got a recording that there was no customer service til Monday (it was Sunday morning) I changed my flight went down and told Paul that T-zoo was not available but that I would be checking out anyway and could he call me a cab to airport. My friend and I went outside to sit for a few minutes. when I returned Paul told me that he found a different contact # for T-Zoo and had got it taken care of. This may not seem like so much but upon calling airlines, other arrangements, transportation companies., etc. Paul is absolutely the only person who went out of his way to try to help me. I was truly touched by his kindness and truly appreciated his aide.
I would recommend this hotel highly and when I mend up this is where I will stay upon my next visit to the City

Room Tip: We were on 8th floor looking out at Manhattan Bridge. It was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hollygirl99
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear you were injured while in NYC. I wish you a very speedy recovery. I will certainly make sure that Paul is recognized for his outstanding guest service he provided. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us again in the near future. We appreciate you selecting our hotel and we are so glad you were able to enjoy the hotel and area.

Wishing you all the best!
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel at the end of a two week east coast trip. I wanted a place that had a garage since I had a rental car and a hotel that was relatively easy to get to the airport from Manhattan. This hotel was perfect.
I found a good rate online. Parking was right next door. The Chinese staff at the garage were helpful in letting me arrange a departure time, ahead of time, so when we checked out, the car was first-up & waiting for us to leave.
As for the hotel, the room was decent sized... actually, slightly larger than the midtown Marriott we had stayed in at the beginning of the trip. Big bathroom with a tub and a big window that opened. Comfortable bedding and a clean room. Was there noise? Well, interior, no, but there were periodic sirens and honks from the NYC streets, but not too bad. I never sleep very well when I am flying the next day, so, street noise or not, I wasn't going to get a great night's rest.
The staff was very pleasant to us. Greeting us every time we entered or left the hotel. I like the feeling of knowing there's someone always at the front desk.
I liked this budget hotel. I liked the neighborhood. Walking over to Little Italy for dinner was great. Having an after dinner drink afterwards at a trendy sidewalk café on Broome St. was really nice. While some would call this neighborhood, "dirty" or "gritty", I felt very comfortable there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank elsal
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and I will share it with my staff so we continue to do well what we are doing well and improve where we can. I will also give kudos to the garage staff (the garage is not run by the hotel, but we do have a good relationship with them). I am glad you were able to enjoy Little Italy and Broome Street. I think it is really a fun area to explore and has some of the best food in NYC. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to you next stay!

Elbridge, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I came across this hotel in an email from Travel Zoo which contained many NYC discounts. My daughter and I happened to be going there so I cancelled my original hotel reservation and booked a room at the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge. The special promotional rate of $129/night including free breakfast is unheard of in NYC. The hotel is located in Chinatown, which was interesting and not far from the World Trade Center memorial, Little Italy and the East Village. The hotel and room was modern and clean and included wifi. We stayed in a queen room that was spacious by NYC standards with a large bathroom. My daughter said the bed was one of the comfiest she's been in (and she's a world traveller). The free breakfast offered make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, yogurt and some fruit. Not having to pay for another meal is savings enough. We took a cab to the hotel so I am not sure where it is in relation to the subway. I would definitely stay again especially if I can get a promotional rate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda F
I am so happy you found our hotel and gave us a try. We really appreciate your business and feedback to assist future NYC tavelers. I am a big fan of the beds too and glad they came with such a nice recommendation from your daughter. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Indian Shores, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked this hotel well in advance and got a very good rate. For a Comfort Inn in Manhattan this is a very nice little hotel. It has been recently updated and is very modern. Our check in was efficient and we were even allowed to take the room early. The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room size was good for NYC and we had what we needed except no fridge in the room. The bathroom towels were also a bit thin.
The breakfast was the usual Comfort fare which is not very exciting. It would be nice to have some good quality plain yogurt instead of the sugar filled kind! The foyer has tables for breakfast which can also be used as a waiting area. There is a very comfortable couch.
I want to thank Comfort for letting us check out earlier than our intended time. We had an emergency!
Be aware that this hotel is in Chinatown and as soon as you step out onto the street your senses will be assaulted. The Subway is a short walk away.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front which is very noisy from the traffic
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank millc54
We appreciate you selecting our hotel and taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with TripAdvisor to allow future traveler to select the best hotel for their stay. We appreciate your feedback so we can also improve our hotel and service. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in NYC.

All the best!
Gwen Lylte
Gwen.Lylte@InterstateHotels.com
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was small but was actually all you needed while in New York. The room was very clean and the staff were so helpful! The breakfast was ok, I've had better but then again I also paid more for the room I was staying in so you really do get what you pay for. The hotel was a little difficult for us to find but I'm happy this was where we decided to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 900Ashley
Gwen L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us. We do offer the standard Choice Comfort Inn breakfast and do change the offerings each day. We are always open to suggestions for ways to improve the breakfast. Please share your thoughts with us. Please come stay with us again soon!