“Great food, good service.”
Review of Saju Bistro

Saju Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Saju Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 6th Avenue
Transit: 1, 2, 3, 7, A, B, C, D, E, F, N, Q, R, S, & V trains to 42nd Street/Times Square.
Description: Located in the heart of Midtown, our restaurant serves authentic French Provencal cuisine in a casual bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, extensive wine selection, impeccable service, and elegant, yet cozy, atmosphere brings the best of Provence to your dining experience.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The food at this restaurant was great. I had steak frites, rare, and it was cooked to perfection. Little too much butter on the green beans for me, but otherwise a perfect meal. Desserts were nice. I didn't drink, so cannot comment on their wine selection. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. I wouldn't call it friendly, but it certainly wasn't bad service. It actually reminded me of the service in France - aloof but polite. Nice atmosphere too, it was quite quiet when we went in but was picking up towards the end of our meal. Didn't feel like a tourist trap, which was a relief.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very friendly staff with good French Bistro food - sorry, no quiche. The french toast is scrumptious, as are the eggs and sides.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Saju Bistro is adjacent to the Hotel Mela. We were in NYC staying there for a theatre trip -- we've been to NYC zillions of times and lived there for a while, so we were really only doing theatre. Long story short -- we ate there the first night and had apps prior to our show -- then returned for dinner afterward. It was so hard to choose from the menu and the specials -- and we adore a good bistro -- that we just kept going back. Best carbonera I've ever eaten! Reasonably priced - not cheap, but not expensive -- and it wasn't inundated with tourists. so, yeah - eat here.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I said average, but it was poor. The waitress was a bit rude. My friend has a hard accent, and she made him repeat everything and made him feel clearly uncomfortable. Food was under-cocked: mussels and rabbit. Apple pie has no apple, just a jam... Taste strange.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great 1 st in the city enjoying a great dinner here. Its a Great French Restaurant with fantastic service. I have the fillet mignon and it was delicious. 100% ill be back