There are multiple reviews for this hotel which are all fairly accurate regarding it's convenient location and clean, comfortable (smallish) rooms. Enough has been said about that. What we never read about was the hassle created by the bar/night club on the top floor. This hotel only has 3 elevators that aren't super-huge. In the evening one of the elevators is used exclusively for the bar patrons who queue up in a side lobby to ride up to the bar. When we returned to the hotel in the evenings we found it annoying to have to walk through the lobby filled with bar patrons, in varying degrees of sobriety, spilling over from the bar entrance and crowding the sidewalk outside the entrance to the hotel. We didn't appreciate having to wait longer for elevators at that point in our long day. Luckily we weren't bothered by bar noise once in our room on the 29th floor. On our last morning we had to check out extremely early (3:15 a.m. Sunday morning). We had to wait for at least 15 minutes for an elevator due to the bar patrons who were just leaving for the night. When we called to the front desk to plea for help we were told there was nothing they could do. The delay in arriving in the lobby caused us to miss the car we had reserved-it was nowhere to be seen. We were then treated to the scene of one of the bar patrons vomiting in the lobby. The bouncer walked over to the front desk and told the agent on duty that he (the bouncer) wasn't going to be cleaning up after the woman who had gotten sick. The guy at the front desk was completely overwhelmed between the issues with the elevators (and our frustration) and the issues with the behavior of the bar patrons and staff. There was no manager on duty. (We asked.) This was the most disappointing experience we've ever had with a Marriottt property. There was no compensation offered to us for the inconvenience. We will be following up.
One other warning. The hotel is located on the same block/same side of the street as a New York State Dept. Of Corrections Parole office. One morning dozens of folks lined the sidewalk waiting for the offices to open so that they could check in with their p.o.'s. That was mildly unsettling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 244 guest rooms include Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Daily, Complimentary Starbucks Coffee available 24 hours and in room and Complimentary High Speed Internet. Centrally located just minutes from Times Square, Theatre District and transportation that will take you anywhere throughout New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square Hotel
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square
- Fairfield Inn New York City