“great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Atlantic Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

The food was awesome. The staff friendly. The prices were a lil pricey but we had a discount so that made it even better.

Visited May 2012

New York City, New York
“Good food, nice service, inexpensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Kiran isn't at all touristy. If you're looking for a strip-mall or franchise atmosphere, you won't be happy here. It's a plain Manhattan storefront restaurant, probably a take-out fave for people in the neighborhood.

The food smelled delicious, but we almost went somewhere else because Kiran was warm inside -- it was the warmest day of the year, so far. They followed us out the door to say they'd be happy to turn on the AC for us. They did, and promptly served us ice-cold beers plus complimentary flatbread and chutney appetizers, and we were comfortable in no time.

I had chicken tikka saagwala--chunks of moist white tandoori chicken with fresh spinach. Medium spicy was not at all hot, next time I'm going for the next notch up the spice chain (and there will be a next time, we all liked this place). The generous portion was very tasty, served with basmati rice, there was enough to take home for lunch the next day. The menu had a lot of good choices, we're looking forward to sampling more.

Kiran is very quiet, with soft background music, a great conversation level. We sat at a table by the window and enjoyed people watching on this warm spring night. We stayed several hours, we were the last people there, but did not feel rushed or unwelcome.

• Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Inexpensive. Above Average.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Kiran Indian Restaurant, if not the greatest Indian Restaurant, is definitely above average. It was little rush, the day I went there with my friends and had to wait before I could get my food. The food served was good and hot. I complained them about the Naan which was cold and they immediately offered me fresh and hot naans. I bought the deal from QuarterOFF.com and we could save significant amount money. Overall, it was great.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Alva M
Elkridge, Maryland
“Not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

V visited this restaurant for dinner.It is far from Time Square and not many people were there it looked empty.The food was also average.I guess its run by Bangladesh People not from an Indian.I am not sure.but I didn't like the interior at all.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Good quality Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

Cozy restaurant.Indian atmosphere.good polite waitress.a full menu .tried the Lamb Kebab very good .Reasonable prices.Would recommend