“Average Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I ordered take-out and it was exactly what I expected. Good, reliable classics like chicken tikka, etc. I will order again.

There are newer reviews for Kiran Indian Cuisine

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This restaurant must have recently had a makeover. As Sarah D wrote, the sanitary inspection grade was C and my fiance and I had walked by it several times and passed on it because of that. But the other day we walked by and the grade was now A so we decided to give it a shot. They also had a "dinner special": an appetizer (a samosa or a pakora), main dish (pretty much anything on the menu) and a choice of rice pudding or ice cream for desert for $11.95. The restaurant gets an "average" rating because of service, not food. Even though there were only 2 other tables occupied, getting the menus, getting the order, getting the drinks all took forever. Mostly, I guess, because there seems to be one one guy greeting people, serving at tables, and taking phone orders. When our main dishes arrived (lamb biryani for my fiance and lamb rogan josh for me), it was actually very very good. My lamb was cooked perfectly - very moist and tender. I used the garlic naan (also very tasty, not overly garlicky) to mop up all of that delicious sauce. The rice pudding was a little too sweet for me and the ice cream that my fiance had was a bit melted, but it was very tasty. If you've passed this restaurant by in the past, I'd recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

My sisters and I grew up on Indian food and love it. The restaurant itself was filthy. Windows and carpet dirty. I went to the BR to wash my hands before eating and it smelt so foul that I propped the door open with my foot. We never used the facilities because of this and believe me we are not picky. To top it, it was hands down the worst Indian food we've ever eaten. The food tasted like important spices were missing and worst of all it tasted reheated and we were the only ones there! We were starving so just ate it, but had a groupon that we paid plenty for. Then we leave and see a giant C for their sanitation rating. One of us became sick afterward. Never using groupon for travel.

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

A co-worker and I went to Kiran for dinner based on a Scout Mob offer. The chicken Tika Masala and garlic naan was tasty. I'll definitely be a repeat customer.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The food was awesome. The staff friendly. The prices were a lil pricey but we had a discount so that made it even better.