“New Year in New York”

Radio City Apartments
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was wrapped that I managed to find accommodation in Radio City Apartments in a two bedroom over New Years Eve. We arrived and we checked in accordingly. The room was nice but outdated with very old bed coverings. It was though handy having cooking facilities. All was great until the heating broke down (no hot water either), and let me tell you it was a cold night. We phoned reception on numerous occasions to be told they were working on it, we were never offered a heater or any extra blankets, or a apology. The guest laundry isn't really for guests, when we went to use it the housemaid told us she would be there until 10pm. All in all these apartments are just OK.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jodieandjeff

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at these apartments in February for 9 nights and we could not have been happier. It was quite simply the best location, so close to Times Square, I could clearly see the sparkling billboards from our bedroom window. We were travelling as a couple with an 18 year old, and had the one bedroom apartment was perfect. The bedroom was HUGE and the teenager had a fold out bed in the living room which was like having her own bedroom, as we had tvs in both rooms, and plenty of privacy and space to spread out our shopping!
The apartments are old, but clean and tidy. Most importantly it was quiet, we didn't miss a minutes sleep, given how noisy NY is. We were on the 12 th floor, maybe this helped?
The lift was great, the staff were very helpful and responsive, the shower was lovely, the beds comfy and the towels are truly plentiful as everyone says. There is an awesome pizza bar next door, which has happy hours every night between 4 and 8, loved it. Magnolia cafe is by nearby, rockefella centre steps away. It is simply the best.
Best of all, the price, it was incredibly good value, the best we had in the US by far.
I hope one day to return, and we will stay here again for sure.
Many thanks for a wonderful holiday Radio City Apartments.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 1jezza
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I traveled to New York City alone for 1 day on my way back from Pennsylvania onward to Dubai. I stayed in Radio City for 1 night and 1 day and from my experience, the place offer great value for money as a specialty lodging in NYC.

I got off at Pennsylvania Station and walked to the hotel which is steps away from Time Square. It took me 10 odd minutes to find the hotel on foot and probably would have been a much better idea to take the Metro to the nearest Metro station near the hotel as there is one just a few steps away from the hotel door.

The check-in was really smooth and I left my luggage to be placed in my room and went off for a walk on Broadway. The rooms were surprisingly spacious for a NYC hotel at the rate at which I booked it. I got as a special deal and paid around $180 inclusive of all taxes for a two bed room and in opinion the room offered was very good value for money. The floor was a smoking floor which I required and is a miracle to get in NYC. The beds were reasonably comfortable and most of the amenities like the coffee table, stove, oven and tea compliments were well stacked and well provided. The bathroom was a little small compared to what I am used to from big brand hotels but was sufficient for my purposes. I didnt have any food at the hotel as there was sufficient restaurants around the hotel including a large super market for your water suppliers as complimentary water runs out quite fast.

Overall, the room was spotless and very comfortable. The location is absolutely brilliant and you can explore Manhattan with a brilliant base camp at Radio City without having to pay double at a big brand name hotel. Although I had a very short stay and cant comment much on service but I am quite sure that there should not be any service issues at Radio City even on a longer stay.

Well done to the Team managing this place. I will definitely stay here on my next NYC exploration visit.

Room Tip: A higher floor room will have less street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Umair B
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great value and location. Staff very knowledgeable and friendly.
Walking distance to Broadway, Radio City 5th Ave and Central park.
The room had a stove, refrigerator and separate sitting room from the bedroom. Great value.

Room Tip: Room close to Broadway and other sites in New York most within walking distance or subway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Myself and 2 teenage daughters, our first trip to New York, this hotel was the perfect fit. Since they used to be 1 BR apartments there's a little area to sit and watch TV and a small kitchen area. We hit the grocery store 3 blocks away and stocked up on breakfast foods and some snacks and we were set. My girls took the BR with the door and stayed up as late as they wanted. I took the fold-out couch so I could get to sleep a little earlier. The location couldn't have been better; right in Time Square, SO MANY restaurants nearby and the subway was at the end of the block. Very helpful staff. We loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tague
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The location was great and the room with kitchenette was a great bonus. Room was clean and it was useful to be able to microwave and cook, with plates/cutlery provided. Very conveinent 10 minutes walking to any of Time Square, Broadway shows, Museum of Modern Art. Subway station just a few steps outside. Front desk was always friendly and helpful. Temperature outside was below freezing yet the room was very warm (could not find any controls to reduce the warmth). New York street noise was present so as others suggest, if sensitive to noise ask for a back room perhaps - it did not really bother us.

Room Tip: Travel New York using a MetroCard - buy one from the auto machines in any subway for $10, and each t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KayonToga
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have spend just one night in this hotel but can recommend it for the great location, price and service! We have a small problem with water but it was easily fixed by the service man. We enjoyed staying at this hotel. And by the way at reception we were provided with the list of super cool restaurants)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends