“excellent salmon in an unusual presentation!”
Review of The Woodlot

The Woodlot
Ranked #7,962 of 14,663 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Woodlot is a new restaurant in the space that used to inhabit Vynl. It has a new and different look. I came in and was seated quickly. Water was placed on the table. I had come here specifically to have the cacio e pepe-pasta with cracked black pepper and parmesan cheese. Sadly, this had been taken off the menu. Instead, after getting a glass of Malbec, I ordered the grilled Scottish salmon which came with two pieces of grilled salmon in a pickled jalapeno dashi broth-sweet yet savory with brussel sprout leaves, scallions and togarashi [japanese red chili] It was an interesting presentation-almost more of a soup. It was very good and the salmon was grilled well. The wine was also very good. The waiter was attentive and accommodating and although I wanted the cacio e pepe [Shane came by my table, thanked me for coming and stated that the cacio e pepe had only recently been taken off the menu] I would recommend and return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have dined three times in this fairly-new restaurant. Each meal, without exception, was excellent. My dinner companions also verified my observation. The all-male wait staff is friendly and helpful, some of whom are actors. It is located in the gayest neighborhood in New York. As I am a compulsive people watcher, I recommend sitting outside on the street during nice warm days. The new menu offers a wide variety of dishes, many on the small side, but very imaginative.