“WOW!! What an amazing place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The French Quarters Guest Apartments

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
Ranked #13 of 467 Hotels in New York City
mbbedu
“WOW!! What an amazing place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

Took the family for my 50th and stayed in apt 502 with balcony. Well appointed, perfect temp, spacious bathroom. Breakfast was delightful. So close to everything..Definitely a trreasure.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

We arrived at 9:30 am. We were greeted as if we were friends and our stuff was taken care of right away. Our room wasn't ready, but there was no problem storing our luggage and other things. Collin, the manager, gave us specific routes to take to get to various places throughout the city and made suggestions of the places he liked best, too.
When we arrived back at the hotel later, we were taken to our room right away and made very comfortable. Again, the desk clerk (a young lady) asked if we needed anything or directions. None needed because we were staying in the neighborhood for the evening.
We were a little apprehensive about sleeping in the same bed because we weren't used to it--we rented a double, doubled-bedded room. Let me tell you, the bed was so luxurious and comfortable that I couldn't even tell anyone else was in the same bed with me. We all slept like logs!
The breakfast is very good, there is no pressure to finish by the clean-up deadline, and the service is very courteous. After comparing the cost of the room to other hotels, I think it is about the same. However, the service is so much better, the room decor is beautiful, and you really feel like you're a person, not a number on a credit card. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

After reading about many wonderful hotels on Tripadvisor, I decided to make reservations for the yearly theater weekend that I share with my niece. We have been going to NYC every year for about 10 years to celebrate our respective birthdays and we have stayed at many places. Many we love...some not so much. This year we decided to try the French Quarters Guest Apartments. And I am absolutely smitten with the hotel! What can I say? Location, location, location! Near Times Square and on Restaurant Row with a great selection of cuisines...what more do you want! The hotel itself is lovely(we always get a 2 bedroom suite...so we had a small terrace that was lovely on a beautiful weekend). Comfortable, clean with the feeling of an apartment, instead of a hotel room. We were on the top floor so it was very quiet! I can't say enough of the wonderful staff either. Many thanks to Colin, Tori and other staff members who made the weekend great! We surely will be back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katers55
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

My five-night stay at the French Quarters was simply awesome. My room was comfortable, very clean, with a street view, and I was really surprised it wasn't that noisy, as I was expecting, due the location - a great location, by the way. Everyone working there was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent too. Everything worked perfectly, and I think It was worth every cent. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Lucia G
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

I have stayed in every hotel I wanted to in NYC, or so I thought. This hotel is great at every level. The rooms are spacious clean and modern. The staff under the direction of a hands on General Manager is great. Example. I arrived at 11am and the hotel was full the night before. My room was not ready. They took my cell and in 45min they called to say the room was ready..The bar a night gets some real buzz and is open late. In the morning a free breakfast when nice it is served on a back deck outside.. i stayed first time on a Tuesday because friends were staying there. I was back in the city on Friday and booked it again. Both me and my friends are making this our regular place.. BTW great location.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank RockTorre
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

This hotel is on a New York theater district street known as "restaurant row." There is just a doorway on the street and it would be easy to pass by without noticing. There is a tiny lobby, too, but the hotel functions very well. There is always someone knowledgeable and welcoming at the front desk willing to take you up to your room. The space looks as though it was fully renovated just a year or so ago and everything looks clean and fresh. A continental breakfast is included in the room rate and this is served in the bar of the restaurant the hotel sits on top of. With nice spring weather we were able to have our coffee on the large rear second floor terrace adjoining the bar. A very unusual space for a NY hotel!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

I have been staying for 6 nights in the French quarters, being stuck in NY by the volcano. This is a good boutique hotel with 21 rooms. The location near Time Square and in a street full of restaurants is perfect. My room was pretty small but very clean with a nice view on the street. It was a little bit noisy in the night but I was not really disturbed. On the other hand, rooms on the lower levels and close to the restaurant and bar next door can be very noisy in the evening. Check before reservation. The breakfast is served is the restaurant next door and offers a limited choice of food. Do not expect a great buffet. Good working free wifi internet service.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business