“INCREDIBLE!!!!!”

Ranked #18 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“INCREDIBLE!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

What's not to LOVE about the French Quarters?! Let me tell you nothing! The staff to the accommodations - the food (room service) from Bourbon Street Bar & Grille was awesome!!!!! Even the soap and shampoo left in the bathroom was of great quality. After sightseeing - walking all over it felt soooo Good not to have to worry about my room. The beds are Super comfy. I left my sunglasses there and before I even realized they were missing they had already shipped the glasses to my home.
A little pricey but whats not in New York! Worth every penny and more. I have recommended to everyone & I definitely will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank MissG_Donna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
Canton, CT
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Having read many Tripadvisor reviews before coming, I had very high expectations of the French Quarters. In general, we were very pleased: location, staff, cleanliness, freshness of the furnishings and decor. But the reviews also demonstrate, as I see in retrospect, that there are substantial differences from room to room. We booked a "Standard Queen room". We got room 106. It was very quiet (with the windows closed..it was a very hot day and night so we didn't try it with them open, although I appriecate rooms where one has the option). Both the main room (with the queen bed flush against a wall) and the bathroom (where it was difficult to unroll toilet paper if seated there since it's so close to the wall) were very snug. We're both realitively small so this wasn't really a problem, but it was a surprise, since so many reviews complemented the spaciousness of the accomidations. The refidgerator was nice to have, but would have been more useful with a microwave (while having a stovetop and no utensils is sort of useless). I appriciated that the included continental breakfast included hard boiled eggs and yogurt, since I feel that having some protein bearing foods for breakfast is important.

On balance, we're glad we stayed here and probably will again, but were a bit surprised by the "coziness".

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
CA
Reviewed 1 July 2010

IF you're going to BWay shows, FQ location is ideal - only 1 to 6 blocks away from ALL venues. Colin + staff hospitality was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We recently stayed for a week on our honeymoon and had fantastic stay. Colin, the General Manager, welcomed us personally and suggested many activities and sights we should see off the beaten track. Great staff, great location. We also reccomend eating breakfast at Amy's Bread a block away on 9th for the best coffee i've ever tasted outside of Italy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Putanogi
Geneva
Reviewed 19 June 2010

If you want to stay steps away from Times Square, go see a Broadway show and visit great restaurants in the city, this is your place. It is a treasure tucked away right around the corner from all of the above attractions. I recently returned from taking my 17 year old daughter to the City for the first time. Collin, Steve and Tom could not be more "front-porch" accomodating. The room was decorated in French toile decor and the bathroom couldn't be more charming. After a long day of sightseeing, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. Big pillow top mattress (I checked) with a big comfy mattress topper, silky-soft sheets and wonderful pillows. We went to see a show on Broadway, it was literally 1 block from this hotel. Same with Times Square. Yet, the room was quiet and we didn't hear any street noise. Breakfast was included with our room price and served on the back mezzanine with beautiful pots of flowers and greenery surrounding it. They served hardboiled eggs, bagels, pastries, juice, coffee, tea, cereals, fruit, all by a lovely woman with a very thick accent. We had a fridge in our room along with a small cook top and kitchen sink. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank DoyleMom4
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Not only was a blown away by the quality of the rooms, but the staff is so genuinely helpful. Small things like that days weather report, the post newspaper and "what is going on" in the city slipped under my door each morning just added to my stay...See you later Starwood, Radisson and Marriott. This place is my new go to in NYC.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank johnnymobile
Houston
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I stayed here for nearly a week with my son and couldn't have been more comfortable. The room was the cleanest hotel room I've ever been in -- bar none. Not a smudge on the windows, the grout between the bathroom tiles -- on the floors, walls, everywhere -- was so clean it looked like it had just been put in.

We had a small refrigerator and some cabinet space, a small closet and ample room in a two double bed room. The beds were extremely comfortable -- firm mattresses and luxuriously linens that made you feel wrapped in softness.

The hotel is a brownstone and it's in the heart of westside so you can feel like a real New Yorker! If you need quiet at night, ask for a back room. Otherwise, cozy up and enjoy the night sounds as you drift to sleep. Our room faced the street and was directly over the bar. We liked hearing the neighborhood noises and the traffic (mostly foot) on the street. It didn't interfere with our sleep and we enjoyed knowing that indeed we were in the city that never sleeps.

The hotel is within walking distance to Times Square and most Broadway Theaters. We made the trip to the Park several times and Carnegie Hall as well.

The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. I love this place. It's as good as it gets -- almost as comfortable as your own home.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business