“A Secret I Don't Really Want To Share”

The French Quarters Guest Apartments
Ranked #21 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I have just returned from a wonderful stay at this lovely boutique hotel. The reception staff, especially Stephanie with whom I had booked my room, were always pleasant and courteous. Having taken advantage of Cyber Monday sales, I had made arrangements to have my holiday shopping shipped to the hotel so that I could bring it back to Toronto; the items were already in my room awaiting my arrival, despite the fact that I arrived 3 hours before the official check in. General Manager Colin was so courteous and helpful, and it is clear that he not only takes great pride in the hotel and its service, but also in the city itself - he was a font of knowledge and helpful suggestions to all guests. And when does he find time to sleep? He was at the Front Desk in the evening, and up early to make sure that all of us were well taken care of as he greeted us at breakfast. The room (a double on the third floor, facing the street) was quiet, spotless, beautifully appointed and comfortable. The amenities (L'Occitane toiletries, a Tassimo-like coffee maker and requisite tea and coffee selection and complimentary Evian in the bar fridge) only served to make me feel comfortable and pampered. The continental breakfast on the mezzanine this morning, though simple, included everything I could have asked for, and service was firendly and professional. The patio and outdoor courtyard looked beautiful - but is was definitely too cold to ebjoy them. Finally, the location is perfect - Midtown next door to theatres, walking distance to everything. My only problem with writing this review is that I would love to be able to keep this my little secret!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed 3 December 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel - the room was far nicer and roomier than I'd expected, and had a kitchenette. The only downside - our room was right over the adjacent bar. The first night we were there was 80's night in the bar, and we couldn't get to sleep until around 2am. We asked for ear plugs at the front desk, but they didn't have any. The next day we went out and bought some, and was able to sleep fine using them. All in all, I still had a great time, and do recommend this hotel, but management should have ear plugs on site for guests staying in the lower rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Lovely boutique hotel. Colin and his staff add an excellent personal touch. He made sure our time in NY was as pleasurable as possible. The rooms had a real unique charm. The bar and restaurant next door (Bourbon Street) offered excellent quality food in a vibrant atmosphere.

A real gem!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2010

just returned from a great weekend in new york ,love this hotel,this is my 4th time staying here.the location is excellent,The personal service and friendly staff are amazing.colin ,the manager is the best in town, he goes out of his way to make our stay perfect, i would recommend this hotel to anyone . my kids loved iy too. we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank efinn84
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This was my first time to The French Quarters and I say it will be the first hotel I will try to book when I return to New York. I went with a friend who had stayed there many times before and had raved about it, now I see why. My experience with the staff, food, rooms and the entertainment in the beautiful bar was great. We had our two teenage boys with us and they loved the hotel. The location is great.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 22 November 2010

After reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor, we picked this Hotel. It is in a great location, very close to Times Square, but we were in Room 206 and it was very small. There was only one chair, and I always had to sit on the bed whilst in our room. Also a big negative was that there was no toilet seat on the toilet.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VonnieMelbourne
Reviewed 16 November 2010

After booking this hotel the day before we left, we couldn't have been more excited about our last minute decision. This hotel was fantastic! We were greeted by two of the most friendliest staff members and they went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. They were very interested in where we were going, what we were doing, and they made sure to help with any information on how to get around town!

When we got into town, our room wasn't ready yet but they stored our bags for us and they gave us a courtesy call when our room became available. By the time we got back to the hotel later that evening, our bags were already in our room and waiting for us.

When we got into the room, we were exhausted and we wanted to take a nap before heading out for the night. Our room happened to be facing the street so needless to say we were unable to get any shut eye due to the constant beeps of taxi cabs and sirens of police cars. My husband went downstairs to the front desk to ask if there was any way we could get a room where the window didn't face the street, and without any hesitation he gave us a room across the hall! It was great and at night time slept like babies on the extremely comfortable beds.

Aside from housekeeping banging on our door for five minutes and attempting to come into the room even with the do not disturb sign out on the door in the morning, this place was fantastic and we can not wait to come back. We will for sure be returning and we hope that it's very soon!

Thank you to all of the front desk staff of the French Quarters for being so friendly and making this stay so wonderful. We can not wait to see you again real soon!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple