“Moldy,Uncomfortable, No Wi-fi” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #424 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Moldy,Uncomfortable, No Wi-fi”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We paid in advance and were told "no refunds" or we would have relocated. The lower rate we paid ($125 night) was not worth the uncomfortable surroundings. Our bed sheets were too small & popped off when anyone came near the bed. We tied a washcloth around a pipe to soften the noise from the "radiator" so that we could attempt to sleep. The bathroom was gross with a ceiling covered in mold, (I took pictures) a hole in the wall, cracked wall tile, and broken toliet paper holder (the paper roll was placed on the edge of the bath tub.) We did not receive maid service until we requested it and were given two small bath towels, one of which had a unmissable mat of hair clumped in the center. We asked for extra towels and were given ONE extra. There was an ancient small television that had to be turned on and off without a remote. We called twice to have the television fixed and were told that the cable was out. The wi-fi existed but was so slow that I never connected with even the Days Inn site after waiting ten minutes so I gave up after four attempts. We asked for a manager but was told that he would be there "tomorrow." We stayed four nights and never saw or heard from the manager.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank T N
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear TN,
I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We strive to accommodate each and every one of our guests and we are disappointed that we did not meet that criteria in your case. All of the issues that you mention have been directed to each department’s attention and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back and to show you much improvement. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Regards,
Email: ccastillo@dayshotelnyc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

When reading the other reviews I was very worried about staying at the hotel. However much to my delight the majority of the bad reviews turned out to be wrong! The rooms are spacious and clean as well as the bathroom. The shower did take a while to heat up (I tended to be the first one in though). Our TV worked - the basic news channels however other people in our group's didn't. We however never watched it and if you're going to New York to watch TV you should re-evaluate why you are there!! The rooms were really cosy and warm and never felt cold once. The beds were changed daily and wifi worked well in the lobby. We were on floor 9 and had trouble getting wifi on the first night however for the rest of our duration it worked fine in our room. Overall the hotel accommodated really well for such a large group of us (27 in total) and were all friendly and helpful. The only warning I would give to people is that the plug sockets can be quiet loose when putting adapters in so be wary of that. Other than that no problems!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Hannah I,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Although I understand that you did enjoy your stay with us, I guarantee that your next stay with us will be FLAWLESS. We will certainly address the issues that you came across during your stay in order to prevent them from reoccurring. We look forward to having the chance to welcome you back and to showing you an absolutely perfect stay.

seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed there over weekend in two bed room with my son. We came in on a red eye flight and the room was ready at 9am, what a gift! The hotel is old, cared for but basic. Room was large for the money in NYC, two double beds, comfortable. I like the neighborhood, easy access to two subway lines. Room was quiet. Help came quickly for lamp needing repair. I was well satisfied, it met our needs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear dickanddoug,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get an early check in and that you enjoy your time at The Days Hotel Broadway. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting New York City, and we greatly appreciate you choosing The Days Hotel Broadway. I hope on your next trip to NYC we can offer the same level of comfort.

Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Days Hotel for a couple of days on a business trip. Although the hotel looks a little oldish at first sight (and could do with some renovation indeed) it was actually rather quiet and comfortable.
Rooms are spacious and clean, and include standard amenities and a large safe. Bathroom as well, old but clean enough (the shower had a slight tendency to pulse hot and cold water though).
The neighbourhood is safe and there is a subway station (96th street) conveniently located one block away. There are also many restaurant to choose from for dinner in the area.
On the downside, as mentionned in an earlier review, the heating system can be a little noisy at night, and their free wifi was pretty weak (a real struggle to make video calls).
Overall, the hotel is quite basic but it has all you need. OK for the price in New York City.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kwaku78
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear kwaku78,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the travel community. It’s great to know that you enjoyed the hotel location. I also, would like to truly apologize for the sound of our heating system and the wifi not being consistent. Given the new renovations we are undergoing, these features are improving. Additionally, we have upgraded our heating system in our newly renovated rooms. Our newly renovated rooms have been upgraded where you can manually adjust the temperature of your room. I will make sure to address your comments with my team and if you decide to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will make sure that this time it will be a memorable stay.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at the Broadway Days Inn for two nights, checking out on New Years Eve. I was traveling alone for my first trip to New York and safety was my main priority. The hotel is in a very safe part of the city and I never felt threatened, even when arriving back to the hotel late at night. When I arrived at the hotel they told me I was booked in a room with two double beds and I requested a room with just one bed instead as that was all I needed. The receptionist was very accommodating and reassigned me to a great corner room with a king sized bed and all the amenities listed. The hotel is very old and worn, if you are looking for a hotel that is more more polished and modern you may want to consider paying more downtown. The location is great, it is out of the hustle and bustle tourist areas downtown, but the 96th street subway station has express trains running every 15 minutes or so that will take you to time square in less than 10 minutes. It is also very easy to get a taxi as the hotel is right off broadway. The TV and WiFi were working in my room, it seems they have solved the problem. The elevator was slow but I was never in a hurry so it was not a problem (I did see one day a guy freaking out in the elevator because it kept stopping on floors when no one was there, very entertaining). There are very few front desk staff but the staff that were there for me were fine, if having less staff is keeping room costs down then I have no problem with waiting an extra five minutes. I had no problems with the heat in my room and it was no noisier than I expected for a room facing broadway. All in all my experience was very positive and I have made a second, longer booking in March and will consider the hotel for a planned summer visit.

Room Tip: The top two floors have been refurbished, I believe the rooms on these floors are listed as business...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Karen C
Dear Karen C
I am delighted reading your feedback about your recent stay with us. It is great to know that our goal to provide our guests with an excellent service was accomplished during your stay. Thank you for giving us opportunity to make things right for you and I am happy that we were able to provide the level of service all our customers are accustomed to. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to NYC!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a clean hotel with friendly professional staff. Yes, it is somewhat in need of updating but I was only there to sleep. I needed a reasonable place to stay that was near Mt. Sinai hospital and this was my choice. I wasn't there to vacation, I wasn't there to inspect the property, I was there to get a good nights sleep and I got that. There is a laundry within walking distance and there are food establishments (open late) nearby. If you have time to kill, take the bus up and down Broadway - there's plenty to do and see. I would stay here again simply because the bed was comfortable, the staff was accommodating and I got a good nights sleep. (PS: if the WiFi isn't working in your room, call the desk - they will relocate you to a room where the WiFi is stronger)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank C S
Dear Elias,
It’s great to know that you enjoyed the location as well as the comfort of the rooms and friendliness of the staff. We will be looking forward to your future stays! We are working on renovating our hotel and we would love to show you our progress.

Telford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights. Friendly staff and decent location, but I'm afraid that's where the positives end. In a party of 24, we had booked to all be on the same floor. However, when we arrived we found that we were spread out all over the hotel. The rooms were very noisy, from outside and other rooms (walls seemed to be very thin), the lifts took forever to reach their assigned floors, and the door to our room had clearly been jimmied open numerous times as there were deep dents in the side of the door and the frame on the side where the handle is. It was also apparent that outsiders could come in off the street, as there was numerous female 'visitors' on their way down from the higher floors almost every time we went in the lift.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jon7W
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear, John7W
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry that you found our location to be very noisy. I can assure you that we greatly appreciate our guest, and hope to have the chance to prove that to you in the future. We recognize that you have a choice when visiting NYC and greatly appreciate you choosing to stay at The Days Hotel Broadway.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels