“Worst stay in a hotel ever.”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #431 of 468 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Worst stay in a hotel ever.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you have booked here to stay or are going to book to stay here, then cancel/look elsewhere! The only good thing about this place is how close it is to the subway (to get around). The rooms are terrible, tv reception doesn't work (I know your not there to watch tv, but it's good to watch to fall asleep) the service is horrible. Air con keeps you up all night. Elevators are the most painful part. So slow. Often waited 10+mins to go up 6 floors!!
My partner and I have stayed here near on 2 weeks. I asked if the day we leave if we could stay an extra 2 hours past check out. The reception lady said no because we will charge you a full night. I totally understand that at some times it is impossible. But we stayed here for 2 weeks! And was only asking for another 2 hours. Everywhere else allowed it.
Do not stay here! Beleive me.

3 Thank Athers200
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Athers200,
Thank you for your response and feedback. I apologize that your stay was less than expected. We are striving to provide exceptional service on a consistent basis so thank you for this feedback. I will pass on your comments to our engineering/housekeeping team to improve guest rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting New York City so that we can take care of your needs prior to your arrival. I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.
Coral Castillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New york
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Reception ladies were unhelpful and rude, tv didn't work, phone didn't work, noisy, bad view from my room. Elevators are painfully slow, air com very loud, keep me awake. room got cleaned, didn't get towels, had to ask 3 times to get towels. Close to subway.
Wouldn't stay here again.

2 Thank Weiroy
Dear Weiroy,
Thank you for your review and comments. I‘d like to apologize for your experience at our hotel, as we did not meet your expectations. It saddens us, as we would like to provide a flawless stay for everyone. Rest assured that we will certainly address your concerns in efforts of improving the services that we provide. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you right.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Albany, NY
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Has anyone come to suspect that this hotel does not even have wifi or cable? I am chagrined to admit that I stayed at this hotel 3 times last year (because of the location), and the cable has always been "out." There is never any explanation for this, other than, "It's out all over the city." Some people have asked, "who goes to NYC to watch television, and I say, "I do!" I am in a post-graduate training program which requires that I travel to the city monthly. I am dead tired at the end of the day, and would love to just chill & watch some tv. I guess i would prefer that they just admit/advertise that they don't have cable & wifi, you know? Otherwise, I would like to try to focus on the positives - the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are a decent size, and the bathrooms are nice and modern. But, the vibe in the hotel is just creepy. Honestly, I feel slightly unsafe there. I can't quite put my finger on why this is...maybe it was based on the last time I stayed there. I was "upgraded" to the 13th floor (penthouse floor). It was very dimly lit and had large sexy pictures on the walls in the hallways. The weird thing was that there were children and families up there..During a previous visit, I had the pleasure of not sleeping because I was unfortunate enough to be across from a group of what seemed like drunk frat guys who spouted homophobic and sexist slurs all night. And don't get me started on the elevator which feels as thought it is going to break down, just stop, or drop into the abyss. I realize this is a 3 star hotel, and I am in no way expecting that it act like a 5 star place. I just wish they would address some of these issues. And maybe also work on the customer service a little, & act like they give a crap.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greta40
Dear Greta40,
Thank you for the taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very sorry to hear about the issue you had while you were a guest; If you will contact me directly at ccastillo@dayshotenyc.com I will certainly make it a point to regain your confidence.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Slow and steady normally wins the race, but for me it was a small L.

I had flown into LGA around 9am and got to the hotel around 1130 thanks to heavy traffic and side street adventures, so by the time I arrived they were clearing out the rooms.
I stored my luggage and walked around the area to get lunch and mingle with friends. Shopping in the W70s is great, I wouldn't recommend taking a cab since it's nearly impossible to flag one down at certain times. Location wise it's nice you can definitely walk at a slow pace here.
By the time I returned it was 1pm, surely they had something available, but they told me no and I sat in the tiny lobby for an hour!!
Even though I sat and watched her check someone in ahead of me.
The rooms are great, kind of roomy really, the one complaint I have is the hallway being dark and the room numbers not being fully visible, once you step off the elevator you're instantly lost.
The elevator is super slow I could've ran up the stairs faster.
The minute I stepped into the room the AC was on full blast (love that) I got in bed and was ready to watch TV.... But there was no signal... (Really? To have a patron wait as long as I did and no cable... Okay.) The wifi here is pretty bad too, so if you're downloading or streaming, you'll be waiting.
You can hear EVERYTHING from the street Unpleasant conversations, sirens, and nearby maintenance/construction.

*this is a busy time of year for NYC so keep in mind for the price hike you're not getting what you paid for. But if you need a place away from Times Square you're good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlienNoir
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear TheAngryTraveler,
Thank you for your comments. We want to extend our apologies to you for the unpleasant experience you came across at our hotel. I am however, glad to hear that you found some things to be comfortable and to your liking. Thank you again for your feedback.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights. Would have changed my reservation if I'd realised how far away it was. I don't mind walking or using trains but not at night so I had to use taxis each night. I was on the 9th floor in a room outside near the stairway. Difficult to get my suitcase along the narrow passage way . The room was reasonably clean but in need of repair, especially the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room big enough for one but would be a squeeze for two. If you want ice be prepared for a trip to the 11th floor as that is the only ice machine. Overall, not too bad but very overpriced as I saw other hotels that friends were staying in which were much cheaper and offered better location and facilities.

1 Thank jill186605
Dear jill186605,
Thank you for your comments. Our most sincere apologies as your experience is not what we promote at our hotel. I would love to have you back and make enjoyable memories. Your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. Thank you again for your feedback.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I can see now why there are mixed review s. Originally I stayed on the executive level. I had paid for a regular. That was pleasant. The tv and wifi wasn't working. But at least everything seemed cleaned and comfortable and what I would expect of a 3 star hotel. But then they moved my room which is basically any room below the 12th floor. My bed is a double when they say it's a queen. The wallpaper is molded and coming off. My bed sheets barely fit and are ripped. The carpet smells like smoke even though apparently this is non smoking. And the air conditioning takes up the whole window which makes this room seem even smaller. Plus the wifi and tv are STILl not working. Thank goodness I'm out of here tomorrow. It cannot come soon enough. The thing is if the concierge or front desk at least apologized or tried to fix it. But all they say is everyone's room is like that and I will call you back. Which of course they don't. This is what I imagine my room would look like if I took up heroin and hooking. One good thing... The location is upper west side; It's away from most of the extreme nyc tourist stuff but the upper west side is one of the dream locations to live in Manhattan. It's more quiet, family oriented and because it's so close to both parks abd the water you get to feel abd see each season. So for the price I completely suggest elsewhere. I mean even another crappy hotel would at least have some tv and wifi.

2 Thank ceceke
Dear ceceke,
Thank you for your comments and review. We do take your comments very seriously and appreciate you informing us. We have spoken to our staff regarding the seriousness of any issues brought up to them. Our deepest apologies regarding our staff's lack of urgency. We have discussed your comments with the team. Again our apologies for not meeting your expectations and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were really worried when checking into the hotel after some of the recent comments about this hotel. But overall we were really happy with our room. The beds were really comfortable, we always had hot water, didn't have any concerns about our safety and the location was really convenient. The only negative was the hotel staff were a little unfriendly when checking in and only 2 elevators were working during our stay, meaning we usually gave up waiting and instead took the stairs. Whilst the hotel was a little dated, overall for the price we paid and the quiet location, we were happy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kerryn A,

Thank you for your comments and review. I am happy to know that you enjoy your time at our hotel as it is our goal. We will definitely share your comments with the front office staff. Thanks again for your valuable feedback