“Nothing special”

Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway
Ranked #435 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were looking for a hotel on the upper west side to be close to family. Lobby is very nice, but as we headed up the slow, small and ancient elevator then found our room down a narrow musty smelling hall which backed up to said elevator I was a bit concerned. Although all we wanted was a clean bathroom and clean bed as we were planning to be out every morning by 7:00 and not back til late I was beginnning to think what is Plan B? Yes the room is dingy, mismatched furniture, smells musty but it was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. TV didn't work but they did credit us back $125.00. We left the fan on which buffered the clicking of the elevator. Overall, it was ok and will stay again as it totally served our purpose. There are great delis and restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Want to relax after running around the city, no tv. The cable system has been out for months. No way to amuse the kids. Long elevator waits. Small lobby rest area. Plug the coffee maker in at the sink outlet. Front desk understaffed. Ladies, need a mirrir outside the bathroom? not here Next time I'll search more.

• Stayed: May 2014
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear MrVof,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I would like to take this moment and extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced. Please know that all your comments are reviewed and will be discussed further to maximize customer service and guest satisfaction. We truly hope when your travels bring you to New York City you decide to stay with us.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Seriously ignore the negative reviews about this place, they made me so worried about staying at this place after we had booked it through our travel agent but once we got there I had no regrets.
For NYC it was seriously awesome value! Rooms were very clean and were cleaned daily, staff were nice and the location was great! Totally safe and Right near the subway and had a mad diner we went to for breakfast most mornings, also a short walk to Central Park.
Yes the tv reception was not great but who cares! If you are going to New York to watch tv I'd suggest choosing a cheaper city to visit and sit in your hotel room. For what we wanted the days hotel offered everything and more. They actually offered to change our room because of the tv and the repair man was more than helpful. I would definatly come here again!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear DK1202,
We are glad to know you enjoyed our wonderful hospitality from our staffs and location however we do apologize for the TV reception. We are striving to provide exceptional service on a consistent basis so thank you for this feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting New York City so that we can take care of your needs prior to your arrival.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Yes, the service is slow at times, but the night front desk manager was a life saver. Instead of calling a cab for us the next morning for the airport, he suggested we save the money and just walk 50 feet to Broadway and hail a cab. Said we would be lucky if we were there 30-seconds. He was spot on. When we needed towels, the night manager personally got them for us. The rooms are clean, have nice amenities, new bedspreads and desks, etc. and a nice modern feel to them. Subway is about 50-feet from the front door, Times Square is about 10-15 minutes away by subway. Having said that, yes, the cable was out when we were there too. Hmmmm...so don't go to watch TV, LOL. But this is NYC. You should be out having fun!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Coral C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hotel New York City-Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Salleng56

Thank you for the awesome review! We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay! We are sorry that the services were not of your liking. We would most certainly share your comments with our staff. We hope to have you back in the near future for another great experience. Thank you again for staying at Days Hotel Broadway NYC!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you have booked here to stay or are going to book to stay here, then cancel/look elsewhere! The only good thing about this place is how close it is to the subway (to get around). The rooms are terrible, tv reception doesn't work (I know your not there to watch tv, but it's good to watch to fall asleep) the service is horrible. Air con keeps you up all night. Elevators are the most painful part. So slow. Often waited 10+mins to go up 6 floors!!
My partner and I have stayed here near on 2 weeks. I asked if the day we leave if we could stay an extra 2 hours past check out. The reception lady said no because we will charge you a full night. I totally understand that at some times it is impossible. But we stayed here for 2 weeks! And was only asking for another 2 hours. Everywhere else allowed it.
Do not stay here! Beleive me.

3  Thank Athers200

Dear Athers200,
Thank you for your response and feedback. I apologize that your stay was less than expected. We are striving to provide exceptional service on a consistent basis so thank you for this feedback. I will pass on your comments to our engineering/housekeeping team to improve guest rooms. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting New York City so that we can take care of your needs prior to your arrival. I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Reception ladies were unhelpful and rude, tv didn't work, phone didn't work, noisy, bad view from my room. Elevators are painfully slow, air com very loud, keep me awake. room got cleaned, didn't get towels, had to ask 3 times to get towels. Close to subway.
Wouldn't stay here again.

2  Thank Weiroy

Dear Weiroy,
Thank you for your review and comments. I‘d like to apologize for your experience at our hotel, as we did not meet your expectations. It saddens us, as we would like to provide a flawless stay for everyone. Rest assured that we will certainly address your concerns in efforts of improving the services that we provide. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you right.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Has anyone come to suspect that this hotel does not even have wifi or cable? I am chagrined to admit that I stayed at this hotel 3 times last year (because of the location), and the cable has always been "out." There is never any explanation for this, other than, "It's out all over the city." Some people have asked, "who goes to NYC to watch television, and I say, "I do!" I am in a post-graduate training program which requires that I travel to the city monthly. I am dead tired at the end of the day, and would love to just chill & watch some tv. I guess i would prefer that they just admit/advertise that they don't have cable & wifi, you know? Otherwise, I would like to try to focus on the positives - the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are a decent size, and the bathrooms are nice and modern. But, the vibe in the hotel is just creepy. Honestly, I feel slightly unsafe there. I can't quite put my finger on why this is...maybe it was based on the last time I stayed there. I was "upgraded" to the 13th floor (penthouse floor). It was very dimly lit and had large sexy pictures on the walls in the hallways. The weird thing was that there were children and families up there..During a previous visit, I had the pleasure of not sleeping because I was unfortunate enough to be across from a group of what seemed like drunk frat guys who spouted homophobic and sexist slurs all night. And don't get me started on the elevator which feels as thought it is going to break down, just stop, or drop into the abyss. I realize this is a 3 star hotel, and I am in no way expecting that it act like a 5 star place. I just wish they would address some of these issues. And maybe also work on the customer service a little, & act like they give a crap.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greta40

Dear Greta40,
Thank you for the taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very sorry to hear about the issue you had while you were a guest; If you will contact me directly at ccastillo@dayshotenyc.com I will certainly make it a point to regain your confidence.