“Amazing!!!”

The Evolution Store
Ranked #64 of 843 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: A landmark in Manhattan's SoHo art district since 1993, The Evolution Store is NYC's premiere retail destination for science and natural history collectibles, artifacts, gifts, and home furnishings. Our store offers a museum quality atmosphere creating a unique and intimate shopping experience.
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

This shop is just amazing this is the right shop for a person who have all

Reviewed 19 January 2012

A friend recommended this stop and I could not get my science-obsessed 18 year old out of there! Prepare to be amazed if looking at actual human skeletons (including fetus and conjoined twins), preserved bugs and butterflies, stuffed deer heads and tiger rugs is your idea of a good time. On the tamer side they have beautiful geodes and ancient fossils, cool snake skeletons and all sorts of bones and related tchochkes (raccoon penis bone anyone?), LOTS of skull jewelry and unusual items like a $10 pair of earrings made of iridescent beetle wings. If you are into botanical prints, gorgeous posters from Germany.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Recently visited NYC from the UK and popped into Evolution - I love this store and try and go whenever I visit the area. Although it's not going to be to everyones taste I find it mesmerising, intresting and intriguing and there's always something I would like to buy. The real framed butterflies are beautiful and there's some lovely jewellery. Although I wouldn't buy the taxidermy and skeletal pieces they are certainly interesting to look at. Prices range from a couple of dollars for a lollipopo with a bug inside to hundreds of dollars for rare and unusual pieces.

Reviewed 23 December 2009

I thought the store was pretty neat, but my wife and daughter were horrified by all the dead stuffed animals and trinkets made from dead animals. This is tacky and will no doubt offend many out there, such as the soft-hearted, PETA members and those who hate seeing this sort of yechy stuff. But, for the right person, it can be an interesting stop in SoHo.

1  Thank planktonrules
Reviewed 22 November 2009

I got a beautiful framed butterfly here last summer. I just visited their new website and they do custom framing for hundreds of butterflies. I know what I am giving for Christmas this year.