“Performances in the theatres, and spectacles outside”
Review of Broadway

US$92.56*
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway
Ranked #9 of 1,137 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The most famous theater district in the world.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The walk to the theatres, spread out over several blocks, is a human mass of "look at me" street "performers" , the not-all- there , and gawking tourists. As the weather warms, the street performers gqrments are shed ( and really, they are not performing, but just posing for photos for donations) The Lady Liberties in g- string only sporting only red white and blue body paint were quite popular. So was the overweight guy in a bikini and full glitter make up, sashaying and dancing for an appreciative audience. Escaped inside to see a more structured theatrical performance, and was not disappointed. Tip: If you are offended by nudity, detour around the circus and go directly to your theatre of choice, minimizing if possible a Broadway course.

Write a ReviewReviews (25,402)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I hate musicals and plays but my wife wanted to see James Franco so we went to of mice and men and I walked away loving it more then she did! Chris O'dowd was amazing and should win a tony! I was so impressed we went back the next night to see All the way with my choice Bryan Cranston and it was a tad bit too long and the seats at the theater where unbearable for a 3 hour show but Cranston was amazing and nice too see the director portray LBJ and MLK jr for the men they really where. I wish we had seen Rocky, A raisin in the son and the cripple of Inishmaan.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Yep. It is the world known Broadway. I often see it from TV. But i actually walked along the Broadway. It is bizarre.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Awesome view and in being able to see all of the shows within walking distance was great! There is no other experience like it. Must see if in the NYC!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I love the aura of Broadway. I can never get enough! I've been going to the theatre since I was 6 years old. The first show that I saw was PETER PAN. I was hooked from then on. There's nothing like the excitement of Schubert Alley and the many old theaters.