“Snacks In a tiny garage”
Review of Smith and Mills

Smith and Mills
Ranked #3,755 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

In a word? Hype. Grungy, dirty, draughty.

Food menu was limited, portions tiny and served as though just slapped together. Service was perfunctory. If in doubt check it out for a drink. I was disappointed. Won't be back.

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

If you are passing by and want a perfect cocktail - do stop. And the food pairs perfectly. Timing is everything as this place is tiny.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a tiny little bar/restaurant way on the west side of TriBeca. Went recently on a date on a weeknight (around 8) and I think this is probably the best time to go. There are very few tables in this place so I can only imagine how packed it would be on a weekend. Has a nice somewhat trendy ambiance and the crowd is somewhat hipster. Specialty cocktails were great and average in price for NY. My date and I split a few of the small plates and they were all pretty good. He claims the burger is one of the best in the city but I haven't tried it myself. Later in the night it got a bit loud as more people came for the bar scene but overall a place I would visit again.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

This place had a lot of specialness when it opened and then it started to attract a lot of spoiled brats and weenies so we stopped going there. We have not been back for a few years. -- Too bad because the staff was very nice: the British girl at the door with the bangs, the bartender with the curly mustache, I even liked the aloof waitress who said her name was Alaska (I guess her parents liked the Velvet Underground).

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 9 February 2012

New York Cool. Don't miss this if you are in Tribeca. Sample the Vespers.