“"A truly refined experience"”
Review of Margot Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Margot Guest House
Ranked #29 of 79 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am so happy I discovered the Margot Guest House! I have stayed there three times since March! The place is much more than simply a pleasant alternative to a Manhattan hotel : Each trip there I felt like I was staying in a charming auberge in perhaps Aix-en-Provence or, more accurately, in some lovely outer arrondissement in Paris! The place is incredibly charming. The rooms—they are really huge studios! (& it's so great to be able to have plenty of space to 'spread out' in!)—are wonderfully comfortable and are very tastefully (& rather simply, elegantly) furnished : they are handsome & well-designed even to the smallest details—original antique doors imported from France; original African masks & early 20th-century French 'annonces' (Lillet! Pernod!) hanging on the walls; wrought-iron fixtures; large terra-cotta tiles in the bathrooms, interior pocket-shutters at all the windows; hardwood floors (stained a rich dark mahogany) covered at intervals with colorful sisal rugs; big puffy comforters on the (very) comfortable beds. All of these details combine to create a completely authentic atmosphere. Above all, I would say that staying at the Margot Guest House is a truly REFINED experience. The wonderful location and the gracious management—as well as the excellent value!—serve to enhance this experience to a very high degree, making it one of the best places I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: On three stays this year, I've stayed in two rooms : Room 1 (first floor in front/on the street...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MarkRobley
There are newer reviews for Margot Guest House

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lovely alternative to a hotel in New York City. Central Park is only a ten minute walk away and the Subway is minutes away.The room was large, bed comfortable, and Todd (the owner) spent quite some time with us explaining how everything worked, where the restaurants were, transport etc. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave and were very clean. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank philip15-11
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really recomend Margot Guest House as a good place to stay in New York. The place is located at Upper East Side at Manhattan. It is a very calm and silent place, 3 blocks from metro station and 3 blocks from Central Park. The room has a microwave, fridge and coffe maker. The room is very large with complete bathroom. The bed is nice and the room has a table, chairs, armchair, sofa and wardrobe. The free wifi access is another benefit.Tood (the owner) will help you in everything that you need and this will make the difference. Todd helped me since when my flight arrived in NY with accurate information to arrive at Margot. Near you will find small market and several delicatessen and another service (restaurant, laundry, etc..). It a nice place to stay !!!

Eu realmente recomendo Margot Guest House como um bom lugar para ficar em Nova York. O local está localizado no Upper East Side de Manhattan. É um lugar muito calmo e silencioso, a 3 quadras da estação de metro ea 3 quarteirões do Central Park. O quarto tem um micro-ondas, frigorífico e máquina de café. O quarto é grande, com casa de banho completa. A cama é boa, e o quarto tem uma mesa, cadeiras, poltrona, sofá e guarda-roupa. O acesso gratis wifi fio é outro beneficio. Tood (o proprietário) irá ajudá-lo em tudo o que você precisa e isso vai fazer a diferença. Todd me ajudou desde quando meu vôo chegou em NY com informações precisas para chegar a Margot. Perto encontra-se pequeno mercado e vários delicatessen e varios outros serviços (restaurante, lavanderia, etc.). É realmente um lugar agradável para ficar!

Room Tip: I stayed at room 5 (second floor) with street view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Curitibano1000
Reviewed 2 September 2013

For my very recent trip to NY, I decided to stay at the Margot Guest House based on the great reviews I had read in TripAdvisor. Not sure what all the fuss was about. It was OK and suited my purposes. After a tiring train trip from Boston to NY, the last thing I wanted to do when checking in is to listen to a chatty owner. People say the neighborhood is great and safe. One evening, I was walking to a restaurant for dinner. I was minding my own business and not bothering anyone, when several black kids were calling out to me. They didn't know me and I was wondering why would they call out to me so I ignored them. Then they started call me nasty names. Not impressed with the neighborhood at this point. Perhaps if I had not been by myself, they would not have hassled me. Even with the windows closed, I could hear every little noise at night. On the plus side, the house is a short walk to green line (4,5 & 6). Other than that, I wasn't really impressed with the house, the owner, or the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pats80
Reviewed 27 August 2013

After extensive research I found Margot Guest House. For us it was a good location...away from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. Also affordable for NYC standards. We stayed three nights and had a very good experience. Todd greeted us promptly and showed us to our room. He was very helpful and informative. We had a good nights sleep. The clattering sound of the train/subway was rhythmic and soothing to us. (If you are a light sleeper you may not like that sound). We felt comfortable in the neighborhood and explored the corner store, ate in the local restaurants, found the subway easily...liked being close to Central Park. Our room was very comfortable for three. It was very clean. We would book and stay here again! :)

Room Tip: This is a guest house...no breakfast is served... do have a little kitchenette...We liked the locati...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We spent 8 nights in the Margot Guest House and had a great time. Todd was full of local knowledge and helpful tips, and on call if ever we needed him. We got married during our holiday and had to make various arrangements, which Todd helpfully accommodated. The apartment was tastefully decorated, clean and spacious.
We found the neighbourhood safe and friendly. Great alternative to expensive, overpriced and small hotel rooms. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Choppins118
Reviewed 16 June 2013

If you are looking for lovely clean quiet lovely apt in a diverse ny neighborhood this is a great deal. There are plenty of public transportation options close by. I returned after 11 pm several times on the Madison Ave bus on my own no problem. Microwave refrigerator private bathroom view proximity to buses great resturants museum mile make this an option well worth consideration.

Room Tip: 3 floors 2 rooms each floor -stairs. I was happy with the view and quiet on the 3rd floor and did no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo