“POSH !”

Ranked #86 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“POSH !”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a treat for our 13th anniversary. We rented a suite and it was decadent!! The room was HUGE! It came with a bar, living room with pull out sleeper sofa, dining room with an espresso machine, 2 full bathrooms..one with sunken tub and the other with a walk in shower, 2 balconies, and king size bed complete with monogrammed bedding! Yes, our sheets were monogrammed with my initials upon arrival!! Needless to say we had an amazing time!! The staff at this hotel are incredible! Nothing was ever an issue including several requests for ice. They anticipated my needs before I knew I had one! The decor was beautiful and sleek. The fireplace in the lobby is sublime. Valet parking was easy and room service was prompt and polite. The pool is incredible and I felt like I was on the set of a Hollywood movie! Hip and chic beautiful people everywhere. Checkout was effortless and we are most definitely going back. What an amazing fun time in this beautiful hotel!! Loved it!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank russmuscle
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear russmuscle,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re glad you celebrated such an important anniversary with us. We believe the little things make all the difference and will continue to provide you, and all of our guests, with the royal treatment every time. We hope on top of our 5 star service, you had some equally perfect NYC experiences. Please let us know if you ever need our concierge to make any recommendations or book you into a restaurant. We’re very much looking forward to your next visit - don’t stay away too long!

Gansevoort Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Orlando
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were really hesitant to book here but got a good deal by booking with air 8 months in advance through Expedia.The reviews were overall good but a few red flags like the noise from the roof top bar. I decided to send an email to the HG digital assistant explaining my concerns and also we were celebrating a birthday on Thanksgiving. When we arrived we were thrilled with the style and ambiance .GREAT staff ,we are a gay couple in our fifties and even though it's 2013 and a lot has changed we never know for sure how we are going to be received. Everyone from front desk to doorman treated us like honored guests . We were given a great room ,1417, with a balcony overlooking Park ave. A bottle of champagne waiting in the room for us.
Beautiful Room ,we are both sensitive to interiors and this was perfect. Next time we will try there property in the meat packing district.
I hesitate to even bring this up and I know after staying in higher end hotel's not to expect it but would have loved a Coffee maker in the room. There's a Starbucks right across the street so no problem walking over. I realize we could have ordered coffee thru room service but I'm too frugal to pay $17 dollars plus $5 for delivery. I think we got spoiled on a Oceania cruise we were just on.
Thanks Gansevoort staff ,,you were amazing!

Room Tip: Write ahead if you have concerns it payed off for us . I think they really tried hard to address our...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave M
Dear Dave M,

Thank you for the honest and detailed review. We will always welcome you with open arms, and are delighted you chose to stay with us. It may well be possible for us to place a Nespresso machine in your room next time you visit us – just make sure to email ahead of time with the request.
We also have a great many special deals regularly on offer, so perhaps keeping a check on our Facebook page would help you to find a suitable option for your anticipated stay at our Meatpacking location.
Please also feel free to contact digital@theghg.com with any further queries. We look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I'm a former resident of Manhattan who now comes back to NYC 4-5 times per year and I've now stayed at the Gansevoort Park a half dozen times. It has become my preferred hotel for all my trips.

The location is perfect and super convenient to both mid-town and downtown, the rooms are pretty big by NYC standards and I've always found the hotel to be very clean and well kept. The whole place has a small, hip hotel feel without being pretentious or annoying in any way.

The best thing about Gansevoort Park though, is the staff. Always courteous. Always pleasant. And always helpful.

Because I live in Asia, I tend to order a large number of hard to get things from Amazon and have them delivered to the hotel on my arrival. The front desk and bell staff have always been very helpful in locating boxes, returning boxes and ferrying box after box up to my room.

I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler259916
Dear Traveler259916,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re so glad you keep coming back for more! We love having you, and will continue to provide you with the high quality service for which you have become accustomed (no matter how many boxes we have to ferry!).

Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at the Gansevoort in November with my boyfriend and it really is one of the most stunning hotels. The rooms are huge - massive bed, and big lounge area - and the service is impeccable.

The location is fantastic and really near Grand Central, Central Park, Times Square and all the main places to visit.

Nick - one of the hotel's lovely doorman was a top guy. He really went out of his way to help us out with recommendations, tips and advice on the best places to go.

The hotel sports bar is great and the cocktails are awesome.

All in all one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EmilyCoen
Dear EmilyCoen,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re thrilled with your sentiments and will pass them along to Nick and the rest of our team. Isn’t our ground floor sports bar, The Windsor, a wonderful added extra? We hope on top of the delectable cocktail selection, you were able to sample the mouth-watering Sriracha Buffalo Wings!! We’re looking forward to seeing you both again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a well travelled friend, we enjoyed the stay. Rooms were not NYC small and very chic. Rooftop bar/lounge was nice as was the rooftop club. Location was great from LaGuardia. Easy to walk to 5th ave, Central Station and Times Square (if you like to walk). Cab rides to Soho, West village and meat packing were all around $10-12. Would stay at this location again without hesitation.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sepman1
Dear Sepman1,

Thank you for the lovely review, and please thank your kind friend for the recommendation. We’re so glad you found our location desirable, and even more thrilled to hear you had time to visit our beautiful rooftop lounge & club. Isn’t it the perfect way to take in a wintery Manhattan? We very much look forward to taking care of you next time you’re in town.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My family and I stayed at the Gansevoort Park Ave and had a great visit. The rooms were clean and comfy. The staff was very attentive. The pool was open in November, the kids had a great time. The location suited us. We ate at Les Halles, and stopped at Bread and Butter across Park Ave. nearly every day. The only snag was the fancy hot coffee pot leaked during our room service breakfast. The management was very apologetic and wanted to make things right. Be careful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Dave R,

Thank you for the lovely review. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed your trip to the Big Apple. When you are next in town, we’ll be very happy to assist you in creating more unforgettable Manhattan memories. Have you heard about the wonder that is Eataly? You and your children will love it for an authentic Italian experience in a vibrant marketplace. In regards to the leaking coffee pot, we apologize again and have acted to prevent this from reoccurring. Please contact digital@theghg.com with any questions or concerns. We hope to see you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 December 2013

After arriving ridiculously early, I was surprised to find my room ready, which made the rest of my day significantly easier. The staff was friendly and helpful and not at all overbearing (in the way that many luxury hotels seem to be).

The room was base level, very well outfitted, and sporting an excellent view. I'd plan to stay here again on business, I mostly stay w/ friends when visiting NYC for pleasure.

Disappointed that I did not have the chance to check out the rooftop pool or bar.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Patrick F,

Thank you for the lovely review. It was our pleasure to accommodate your early arrival and we’ll provide the same high-quality service during your future stays. It is a shame you didn’t make it up to our rooftop. Perhaps when you next visit, you’ll schedule in a little extra time for a dip in our heated pool or to indulge in a cocktail while taking in the panoramic views. We’re sure you’ll love it! We look forward to your return!