“Luxury and warmth.... Gansevoort Park Avenue”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #85 of 466 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Luxury and warmth.... Gansevoort Park Avenue”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I spent three nights in NY flying in from Sundance. I wanted to stay near Upper Eastside area and really not have to leave the hotel. Luckily, I did not have to leave, NY so happen to get snowy... on Tuesday.. I thought it was beautiful, but I'm from California and the staff thought it was a cute statement ;) Let me just say from the moment, I walked through the lobby Monday night tired and ready to eat and sleep, Amber at reception and Max the valet that evening, made sure I was taken care of. Ristorante Asellina was very.... good, and I found the staff friendly and professional and thank you Lauren (my server) on Tuesday afternoon for making me feel comfortable and at home. Honestly it was a great three day getway for me. I did not have to leave the hotel. Gansevoort Park Ave had everything I needed ... to work, play, meditate, eat... I could have gotten a little wild at the emphasis pool bar ; ) the pool was tempting... steam rolling out of it from it's heat and all that ice around it... sexy... and I had my bikini ; ) but! I was there to write and visit with a friend and so I did.

Ms. LeMasters

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dezhona L
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Dezhona L,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We loved having you and look forward to taking care of you in the future. Next time, be sure to take a dip in our steamy rooftop pool. You won’t regret it! The views, cocktails and vibe above the skyline are must-dos when staying with us. We’ll let Amber, Max and the rest of our team know of your sincere appreciation. See you next time you’re in the city that never sleeps.

Gansevoort Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I am a frequent visitor to NYC and I always stay at the Gansevoort Park Ave Hotel. The amenities the hotel has to offer do not compare to any other hotels I have stayed at in the city. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, they always do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. In the summer, the rooftop pool and bar is gorgeous and provides a breathtaking few of the city. The location is ideal, very close to all major sightseeing attractions, but is also not overwhelming. The rooms are quite large and the bathrooms are beautiful as well as clean. Cab rides to anywhere in the city are not expensive and for those using the Subway there are multiple stations no more than 2 blocks away. I would highly recommend anyone visiting New York, whether it is your first time or your 10th to stay at the Gansevoort on Park Ave, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Leah H,

Thank you for the wonderful review. Your compliments truly invaluable to us. Did you head to our rooftop at all this time? In the winter our steamy pool and popular rooftop bar make it a hot spot. As you experienced, our location is great for getting around the city. Next time, we’ll point you towards new activities and restaurants to explore. We look forward to taking care of you again.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Super friendly and attentive staff from Mike the Bellman to the people at the front desk. Room was spacious with a balcony. Room service 24 hours and delicious. Club upstairs and bar and restaurant downstairs should fit whatever need you have. Stayed b4 and will again.
Asked for extra pillows to be put in the room when I made the booking and they were there when we checked in. At Gansevoort it's the little things, and they do a fantastic job.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ScullybutcherNY,

Thank you for the fantastic review. It’s true, we believe the little things truly count. We’re delighted you enjoyed everything from our room service to our feather pillows. We’ll be sure to provide the royal treatment upon your next arrival. See you soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed 5 nights and found the hotel to be one of the best I've stayed at, for a very reasonable price.

The room - standard King - was roomy, clean and modern, indeed one of the best I've stayed in in the US. The WiFi was very quick and easy to use. Staff were friendly and efficient, but could have been trained to more quickly acknowledge a guest when he/she is waiting for reception (not just me).

It is a busy hotel, and apparently known for its nightclub and pool up the top. While I didn't try either, I could hear noise down the lift well when standing there, so I might caution any on the upper floors to request a lower room if they value quiet (I couldn't hear any street noise from the 8th floor). A colleague mentioned the noise to me as well, but none of it disturbed me once in my room.

I can't attest to room service or the other services as I was out on work most of the time.

The Gansevoort Park Avenue is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The mid levels are the best from a noise perspective. I probably wouldn't go higher than 8 or 9...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Muscles_Magoo,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We take your comments to heart and will pass them along to our team. We’re glad our high-speed WiFi added a positive aspect to your business trip. We hope next time you’ll have a chance to escape the workload and head to our rooftop lounge. The views of the city are inspiring! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here over MLK weekend and had a delightful stay. The location is central to everything and was not more than a 10 minute cab ride to anyplace in the city. We got a great deal on a package through American Express (roughly $300/night) and were also upgraded to a loft suite, which was probably the largest hotel room I've ever seen in NY. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We'd definitely return next time we are in New York.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeffrey H,

Thank you for the kind review. We loved having you over the long weekend and look forward to your return. Isn’t it great to travel for a bargain? As you noticed, our central location is ideal for renowned shopping and dining. We’ll be sure to point you towards new places to discover during your next trip.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We booked a room for one night as we were just in for a Broadway show. The hotel lobby is beautiful and staff were very welcoming. Our room was really spacious for a standard King. The bed was really comfy - had a great sleep! I wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely stay here on our next trip into the city!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lisatoo62,

Thank you for the great review. We loved having you! It’s wonderful you were able to retreat to a comfortable room after a night at the theater. Aren’t our plush feather beds the ideal place for a long night’s rest? We’re delighted you slept well. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Spent 4 nights at this fabulous hotel. Great room, service and staff but no full length mirror in the room. No worries this was quickly solved by house keeping. Defiantly would stay on my next visit.
Thanks Danny your a definite asset to the G PA NYC

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear j B,

Thank you for the lovely review. We’re delighted you found us fabulous. We feel the same way about you! Our attentive staff is always at your service and we’ll pass along your comments to Danny. We hope to see you again soon!