“Brilliant New Years Stay”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #85 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Brilliant New Years Stay”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Gansvoort Park over the week of New Year 2013/14.

As we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by a most helpful receptionist who informed us our original room was not ready yet but she would switch us to a similar one that was ready so we could settle in.

Our room was on the 5th Floor and it was very spacious and clean. We didn't have much of a view but to be honest we were not planning on spending much time in the room so that didnt matter.

The bed was extremely comfy and the room had all the ameneites that one could wish for.

The hotel pool is definitley an experienc - it was -12C with snow when we were there and the pool was still open for business. I would say that it could definitley be warmer for that time of year but my partner didnt seem to mind!

The rooftop bar was not open whilst we were there however the one by the pool was. It had a nice atmosphere and some good cocktails.

We never heard any noise from the club/bar even on new year so that was great.

The room service breakfast was very tasty (a bit on the pricey side but then again all room service is).

Would definitley reccomend the GVP.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear JoannaG3317,

Thank you for your amazing review. We're delighted you enjoyed our plush Egyptian cotton bedding and room amenities. We take pride in the little details that make a hotel stay positively memorable. Hopefully you were able to take in the expansive views from our rooftop. The Empire State Building is a majestic sight from up top. It was an absolute pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon.

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am a frequent visitor to NYC and I admit to normally staying at the Waldorf or the Palace. Most recently I was in town for a quick business trip and my company arranged my accommodations, I am so glad they did! The hotel was located in a very convenient part of the city, the staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful. I appreciated the simplistic elegance of the hotel and the room was impeccable. The room was spacious and had wonderful amenities including a well stocked mini bar, high end toiletries and the best bath tub - greatly appreciated after a long day of work! Overall, I cannot wait to stay there again. I highly recommend it!

Dear Anne E,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re delighted you landed on our doorstep for a business trip! We take your kind comments to heart and will pass them along to our dedicated team. Did you indulge in the views from our rooftop? Whether you're taking a dip in the steamy pool or sipping a refreshment, our rooftop is quite the treat. We can’t wait to see you again!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I spent three nights in NY flying in from Sundance. I wanted to stay near Upper Eastside area and really not have to leave the hotel. Luckily, I did not have to leave, NY so happen to get snowy... on Tuesday.. I thought it was beautiful, but I'm from California and the staff thought it was a cute statement ;) Let me just say from the moment, I walked through the lobby Monday night tired and ready to eat and sleep, Amber at reception and Max the valet that evening, made sure I was taken care of. Ristorante Asellina was very.... good, and I found the staff friendly and professional and thank you Lauren (my server) on Tuesday afternoon for making me feel comfortable and at home. Honestly it was a great three day getway for me. I did not have to leave the hotel. Gansevoort Park Ave had everything I needed ... to work, play, meditate, eat... I could have gotten a little wild at the emphasis pool bar ; ) the pool was tempting... steam rolling out of it from it's heat and all that ice around it... sexy... and I had my bikini ; ) but! I was there to write and visit with a friend and so I did.

Ms. LeMasters

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dezhona L
Dear Dezhona L,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We loved having you and look forward to taking care of you in the future. Next time, be sure to take a dip in our steamy rooftop pool. You won’t regret it! The views, cocktails and vibe above the skyline are must-dos when staying with us. We’ll let Amber, Max and the rest of our team know of your sincere appreciation. See you next time you’re in the city that never sleeps.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I am a frequent visitor to NYC and I always stay at the Gansevoort Park Ave Hotel. The amenities the hotel has to offer do not compare to any other hotels I have stayed at in the city. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, they always do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. In the summer, the rooftop pool and bar is gorgeous and provides a breathtaking few of the city. The location is ideal, very close to all major sightseeing attractions, but is also not overwhelming. The rooms are quite large and the bathrooms are beautiful as well as clean. Cab rides to anywhere in the city are not expensive and for those using the Subway there are multiple stations no more than 2 blocks away. I would highly recommend anyone visiting New York, whether it is your first time or your 10th to stay at the Gansevoort on Park Ave, you will not be disappointed.

Dear Leah H,

Thank you for the wonderful review. Your compliments truly invaluable to us. Did you head to our rooftop at all this time? In the winter our steamy pool and popular rooftop bar make it a hot spot. As you experienced, our location is great for getting around the city. Next time, we’ll point you towards new activities and restaurants to explore. We look forward to taking care of you again.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Super friendly and attentive staff from Mike the Bellman to the people at the front desk. Room was spacious with a balcony. Room service 24 hours and delicious. Club upstairs and bar and restaurant downstairs should fit whatever need you have. Stayed b4 and will again.
Asked for extra pillows to be put in the room when I made the booking and they were there when we checked in. At Gansevoort it's the little things, and they do a fantastic job.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ScullybutcherNY,

Thank you for the fantastic review. It’s true, we believe the little things truly count. We’re delighted you enjoyed everything from our room service to our feather pillows. We’ll be sure to provide the royal treatment upon your next arrival. See you soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed 5 nights and found the hotel to be one of the best I've stayed at, for a very reasonable price.

The room - standard King - was roomy, clean and modern, indeed one of the best I've stayed in in the US. The WiFi was very quick and easy to use. Staff were friendly and efficient, but could have been trained to more quickly acknowledge a guest when he/she is waiting for reception (not just me).

It is a busy hotel, and apparently known for its nightclub and pool up the top. While I didn't try either, I could hear noise down the lift well when standing there, so I might caution any on the upper floors to request a lower room if they value quiet (I couldn't hear any street noise from the 8th floor). A colleague mentioned the noise to me as well, but none of it disturbed me once in my room.

I can't attest to room service or the other services as I was out on work most of the time.

The Gansevoort Park Avenue is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The mid levels are the best from a noise perspective. I probably wouldn't go higher than 8 or 9...
Dear Muscles_Magoo,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We take your comments to heart and will pass them along to our team. We’re glad our high-speed WiFi added a positive aspect to your business trip. We hope next time you’ll have a chance to escape the workload and head to our rooftop lounge. The views of the city are inspiring! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here over MLK weekend and had a delightful stay. The location is central to everything and was not more than a 10 minute cab ride to anyplace in the city. We got a great deal on a package through American Express (roughly $300/night) and were also upgraded to a loft suite, which was probably the largest hotel room I've ever seen in NY. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We'd definitely return next time we are in New York.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeffrey H,

Thank you for the kind review. We loved having you over the long weekend and look forward to your return. Isn’t it great to travel for a bargain? As you noticed, our central location is ideal for renowned shopping and dining. We’ll be sure to point you towards new places to discover during your next trip.