“Impeccable Service - A Must-Stay in NYC”

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
Ranked #81 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Impeccable Service - A Must-Stay in NYC”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Absolutely loved staying here. Unique decor and great location - definitely captures an authentic NYC experience. Great staff made this stay exceptionally memorable. Max was so personable/pleasant. He helped my family with directions, hailed us cabs, helped with luggage, and made our stay feel more like home with a familiar face to come back to. Christine was also very approachable, friendly, and natural with what she does. She was helpful and likable at all times. They both stood out to me and I will tell anyone who stays at the Gansevoort to let them know. My pet peeve is staff that tries too hard when I can tell they don't want to be talking to me. I felt very comfortable bringing my 2-year-old along as well. The room was a perfect size for a small family of 3 - very modern, hip, overall positive energy. Exactly where I would want to come back to after a day in the city. Bathroom was my favorite. Cool lobby as well! Loved the location, style of the hotel, and overall feel. Easy access to everything you could ever want/need. Don't waste your time staying anywhere else if you're visiting and won't be back for a long time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear AMtulip,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Christine, Max + the rest of our team will be pleased to know they helped make your stay even more enjoyable. Did you and your family get a chance to take a dip in our heated rooftop pool? The views from up top are magnificent and a great place to spend with your children. We look forward to building new Manhattan memories with you in the future.

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Although my stay was quite a few months ago...I still wanted to share my thoughts on this amazing hotel. Everything was wonderful...the service was great, the room was beautiful, it was so clean, the pool was great, the location was perfect - close to subway. In fact there is not one negative I can share about this hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rina D,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are blushing with all of your wonderful compliments. Our devoted team will be thrilled to know of your amazing sentiments. We only hope to provide the same level of service or more on your next trip. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to your return.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A wonderful upscale boutique hotel that offers a variety of inviting and intimate spaces to suit your mood after a hectic day. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The room was upscale & spacious with a large bathroom. The balcony was an added treat! The gym and spa, as well as free WiFi, made this our hotel of choice in NYC.

Room Tip: A high floor away from the elevators reduces street noise level.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear twokaps,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored to be your choice hotel in NYC and hope to consistently surpass your needs on future visits. We're glad you took advantage of our private balcony. It's a favorite feature for many guests. Were you able to indulge in our expansive rooftop views of the cityscape as well? We look forward to taking care of you again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I go to New York a couple of times each year. We have tried numerous hotels and most have been satisfactory. However, our recent stay at the Gansevoort Park Avenue was great. Everything was great from the moment we entered the lobby to our departure. The rooms are big and especially for New York. I simply cannot think of anything that was not exceptional about the hotel. Request for room away from elevators - granted. Maid service and turn-down service great. Safe in room not working - fixed immediately. The Gansevoort may have the best mattress at any hotel. My wife and I slept late each day. There have been criticism about the noise coming from the roof top bar. Our stay was in the winter - so no noise. All in all a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing Park Avenue. I assume that mid-level rooms would avoid the noise co...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear houston1949,

Thank you for the exceptional review. We are delighted to have surpassed your expectations on all levels of service. Perhaps on your next stay, you might enjoy our 'Mr.+Mrs. G' package that includes a couples massage, Champagne, roses, monogrammed robes and much more! It was truly a pleasure having you and we look forward to your return.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I'm always surprised when cool, hip hotels have great service and friendly people working at them. But that's the case with the Gansevoort Park. Everyone is so happy to help you and always has a smile on his or her face.

Plus the rooms are huge by New York standards! There's actually room to move around, not to mention gorgeous chesterfield couches, magenta curtains and double sinks in the bathrooms (which come fully stocked with Cutler products). The beds are super comfortable and provide a great night's sleep. Wifi is free and super fast. They even have an umbrella in the closet that you can use for free during your stay.

A couple cons about the hotel and stay:
1) You can hear water running from other rooms, whether people are taking showers or just turning on the faucet for a moment. It's pretty loud. No other noise from rooms come through though, which is odd.
2) The minibar is SO EXPENSIVE. A bottle of water is between $4-8! Seriously? Even on the expensive New York streets water usually caps at $2.50.

I've stayed here twice so far and would definitely stay again. I'll just bring my own water.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BeautyChick101
Dear BeautyChick101,

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide a sociable and warm environment for our guests and are glad you experienced this first-hand. We're also pleased you enjoyed our plush Egyptian bedding as comfort is one of our biggest priorities. We truly value your feedback and are looking into ways to turn your cons into pros. We look forward to your next visit and to exceeding your expectations next time around. For any further questions, please contact Digital@TheGHG.com.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel so much! my latest trip to NYC for 1 day ended with me extending to total of 12days. I love it so much! Everyone is friendly and respectful,rooms are spacious and comfortable,gym is amazing etc...if it wasn't for their staff (Lisa,Leo,Juan,Josh,Michael (manager),Michael at front desk, and Alex security) i would have chosen another location but I didn't because the names of mentioned above treated me so well-I will be coming back again in a matter of weeks. Thank you

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Raquel I,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We will be sure to let Lisa, Leo, Juan and the rest of our dedicated team know of your raving sentiments. We are honored that you extended your stay and we look forward to adding new Manhattan memories on your return.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a perfect hotel to come to in New York without the kids. In fact, I would not bring kids here because it is a bit risque. However, if you leave the kids home you will have an enjoyable stay. The room we had was decent size and even had a balcony on Park Ave. Everything was clean. Food options are great in the area and away from the touristy area of Times Square. Just start Yelping and you will find great eateries.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear classicredstate,

Thank you for the lovely review. We're glad you found time for a romantic getaway in the city. Were you able to take a dip in our heated rooftop pool overlooking the brilliant Empire State building? The views from our rooftop is the perfect spot to admire the cityscape with your loved one. Perhaps next time, you'll want to bring your entire family? Did you know we have kid amenities such as the latest Xbox or a list of children activities to try while exploring Manhattan? There is something for everyone here! We look forward to seeing you again soon.