“Exceeded Expectations!”

Ranked #81 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Whippany, New Jersey
“Exceeded Expectations!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I ended up booking a Park Ave suite, via Jetsetter. I did read some horror stories from users who had issues with checking in, the rooftop, etc, but I didn't have any of them. Check-in was a breeze thanks to a welcoming front desk staff, we felt secure thanks to security by the elevator and had an incredibly awesome room! Couldn't have asked for anymore.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing!
1 Thank desifromjc
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear desifromjc,

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience. It was wonderful having you and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay from the moment you arrived. We're glad you found our service to be flawless and we'll be sure to inform the rest of our dedicated team of your kind remarks. It was a pleasure having you and we'd love for you to visit again soon.

Gansevoort Park Avenue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Positives:

Room - ridiculously huge comfy bed, large powerful shower, all the facilities you could want.
Neat rooftop swimming pool with views of the Empire State, shame we didn't get to use it!
Great location right near the metro and midway between all the usual tourist spots. Easy to get cabs from outside too. Several good restaurants and local breakfast spots nearby.
The staff - the concierge Shaun was amazing, got us into a load of great restaurants, bars and clubs with little notice and always with a free drink or dessert. He was super helpful every time we asked for advice, I wish he could organise my whole life! The staff in general were super helpful and friendly, the bell boys especially.

Negatives:

A few small things in the room could be improved - there was no fan in the bathroom.
There was no mirror in the bedroom other than in the bathroom, not ideal when you have a group of girls all showering and getting ready at the same time!
The blinds didn't block out all the light, which I wouldn't usually mind, but the gap at the edge sent light directly to the pillow end of the bed, so I needed to use an eye mask.
The extortionate price of drinks and snacks both in the room and at the rooftop bar. No tea and coffee in the room, and $8 for a bottle of water! Thank goodness we were in a country where we could drink the tap water...

Room Tip: You can hear the music from the rooftop pool in the communal areas on the higher floors, but not in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ic060
Dear ic060,

Thank you for the delightful review. We're pleased you had a wonderful trip and we're glad you felt well-taken care of. It's great you enjoyed our concierge's dinner and nightlife recommendations. There are a plethora of decadent restaurants in our area and having a knowledgable helping hand is always beneficial. On another note, we apologize you were disappointed with our lack of mirrors and bathroom fans. Next time, we will happily accommodate any special room preferences upon request. We'd love another chance to prove or dedication and provide a seamless experience. We hope to have you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had my Birthday hotel stay weekend at the Gansevoort Park Avenue location and I loved it! I also stayed at this hotel other MeatPacking location in May and the staff is just as wonderful. The Gansevoort Park Avenue location staff is very welcoming and accomodating. The rooftop pool is awesome with a great view of the Empire State Building! It does get crowded at the pool for the lounge chairs but if you go early in the morning and block a chair, and come back to the chair, it works out. The bartenders are nice and makes great drinks! The room that was booked was trendy with a great color scheme and the bathroom was awesome and clean. I had a blast at my stay!

3 Thank Janelle R
Dear Janelle R,

Thank you for the stellar review and happy birthday! We're thrilled your recent stay was just as great as past visits and we're glad the celebrations were a success. We're happy you had a chance to lounge above the skyline and take in our expansive rooftop views. You made a great choice by spending your day indulging in well-made cocktails while basking in the sun. We're pleased your experience was seamless from check-in to check-out and we look forward to having you again soon.

Gansevoort Park
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I will only stay in this Hotel now, rooms are large, staff are great and the new bar menu works. Thank you Micheal, Liugi, Andrew, Tara and all the others. My wife, daughter and son have now stayed and live it as well. Great location for them to explore NY from as everything is really close.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Big E
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Big E,

Thank you for the amazing review. We're wishing you a warm welcome back and we're thrilled your family had a fantastic experience. We're pleased you loved our ample-sized rooms and our delicious cocktail selection. Nothing says "vacation" like sipping a tasty drink above the skyline. We appreciate your kind comments and we'll be sure to share them with Michael, Luigi, Andrew, Tara and the rest of our dedicated team. Until next time!

New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Gansevoort hotel this past Saturday. The stay was amazing. Not only was the room, pool and entire facility elegant, but the staff was even more impressive. From Luigi and Leonardo welcoming us to the hotel, to Suzanne and Chastity Cruz who helped us with all of the amenities. The rooftop bar was definitely fun on Saturday night and the hotel gym was clean and great for a quick work out on Sunday. We got to walk around the neighborhood and went to two tasty restaurants within blocks of the hotel. We had a great stay and we are planning our return already!!

T. G. Brown

1 Thank TGBr0wn
Dear TGBr0wn,

Thank you for the great review. We're elated your stay was incredible and we're excited you're already planning your next trip! We'll be sure to inform Suzanne, Chastity and the rest of our committed team of your kind remarks, as we know they look forward to having you again. We're thrilled you had a chance to explore our area and we're happy you enjoyed your dining experiences. We're looking forward to creating more Manhattan memories upon your next stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

As a native New Yorker, I choose Gansevoort Park Avenue for all my staycations. Immediately upon arrival you feel the hospitality of the great staff. The atmosphere and service is unprecedented in NYC. Recently, I celebrated my birthday at the Gansevoort as the rooftop lounge/ pool is a favorite destination of mine. The reservations staff went above and beyond to accommodate my requests for early check-in to ensure a timely arrival at my birthday brunch. The staff also arranged for champagne to be waiting in my room, which was the perfect personal touch having told them I was celebrating my birthday.

Cleanliness is of paramount importance when traveling for me and the rooms at the Gansevoort do not disappoint. I’ve stayed in a range of their rooms from the Superior to the Park Avenue Suite (graduation – thought I should celebrate ☺) and all have exceeded my expectations. The aesthetic of the rooms is contemporary, neat & did I mention very clean? -- Just an overall great place to be. While I find the hotel generally attracts a younger crowd for the “party scene” the hotel is always well maintained and the hallways and rooms are extremely quiet and perfect for family stays, romantic getaways and celebrations.

The views from the Gansevoort Park Rooftop showcase the New York City skyline in a unique way by coupling the views with a great ambiance from the bar, pool and lounge.

Kathryn and Julia provided me with service that felt more like a friend than staff at a hotel. They both were so personable and willing to make suggestions and recommendations to optimize my stay. During my last stay in June, I realized I had forgotten my toothbrush and within minutes of calling down to concierge I had a toothbrush kit including toothpaste at my door—beyond convenient!

The Gansevoort Park Ave is one stop shopping – amazing nightlife, amazing food, amazing service and amazing rooms. The rooftop pool/bar is a wonderful place to relax all day & the Red Room is always serving up the best entertainment at night.

If you’re traveling to NYC, or just looking for a place to “staycation” I highly recommend Gansevoort Park.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Erica Z
Dear Erica Z,

Thank you for the rave review. It's always wonderful having you and we're pleased you continuously have fantastic experiences with us. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and we're glad you consistently feel well-cared for by our team. We're honored you've chosen to spend so many special occasions at our hotel and we hope to celebrate many more to come. On another note, we're glad you love our rooftop bar and lounge as well as our pool. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and we look forward to having you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Flew to NYC for a couple days for my birthday and stayed here with a couple friends. First and farmost it is not a very family oriented hotel, it's more of a couples or friends type of vibe. The hotel has a gorgeous lobby area, and check in was super smooth. The rooms were equipped with a full snack and alcohol bar (with charge of course) and the washroom toiletries also came pretty handy. The bed was seriously the most comfortable bed EVER. I could have slept in there for days.

The hotel itself is situated in a pretty main area, INCREDIBLY close to 28 st subway station which made traveling places super convenient. The hotel has a beautiful rooftop with a view of the empire state building. On the weekends and Thursday night the rooftop is very busy as it is one of the hot spots to lounge at so be aware that there will be a lot happening up there during those times.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elle S
Dear Elle S,

Thank you for the excellent review and happy birthday! Spending a few days in New York City with great friends is a fantastic way to celebrate and we're glad you had a wonderful trip. We're also thrilled you enjoyed our divinely comfortable beds, and we agree, they're difficult to leave. When you weren't lounging in our cloud-like oasis, we're pleased you were able to visit our rooftop. Our views of the Empire State building and skyline are quite mesmerizing. Although it can be quite lively, all guests have priority access for their convenience. We're happy you had a splendid time and we look forward to your return.