“Stunning in SoHo”

Ranked #115 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Vancouver, Canada
“Stunning in SoHo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

A gorgeous new hotel from the Trump Collection. Fantastic "smart" rooms, wonderful bathrooms, Located near the subway. Free internet in Lobby & well stocked Library. Bed a little too soft. You will love staying here. Staff can't be friendlier or do enough for you.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 11 April 2011
Dear brodie52,
Thank you very much for your compliments. We hope to see you again at Trump SoHo and at our sister properties!

David Chase, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Undoubtedly the best hotel my husband or I have ever stayed in - great location, stylish, and the most fantastic service we have ever encountered. It is extremely impressive that Trump SoHo trains its staff to be so genuinely and permanently friendly, helpful and professional - and this is consistent across everyone who works in the hotel (although special mention goes to the door staff who were all really helpful and friendly even in freezing temperatures!) We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and the food and service was great. The manager also made the effort to introduce himself to hotel guests dining there which was a nice touch. Rooms were great although the open plan bedroom/ensuite bathroom design is unusual especially if you like a little privacy in the bathroom! Only other niggle is the high daily charges for Wifi which seems a bit unnecessary. Overall though a great stay and we plan to return!

Room Tip: Get free Wifi in the hotel lobby.
Dear Northfields,
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I am delighted to read your very kind comments about the team and will be sure to pass them along, particularly to our door men. We do have rooms available with bathroom doors that we would be happy to arrange for your next stay. Looking forward to your return trip!

Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Wonderful experience from check-in to check-out...stay on the higher floors for breathtaking views of the city or the river...Fendi Casa designed rooms have ruined me for other hotels...large, spacious rooms...fabulous location for exploring Soho..this was my 3rd stay at Trump Soho and I can't wait to return...excellent trained, friendly staff

Dear Klbhershey,

Thank you very much. We greatly appreciate your kind compliments about the team and your confidence in us. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

We were travelling with 2 small boys (2 and 4) - and the stay at the Trump Soho was perfect from start to finish. The staff is super friendly - and no request was too much. Chris at the door deserves special mentioning - our boys could not wait to help him organise taxis outside the hotel every day. Obvioulsy, the upgrade to th 41st floor and the ceiling to floor windows made the stay even more impressive for all of us.
The location is perfect with small shops and restaurants just around the corner - also a large local play ground is only 5 minutes walk away.
All in - it does not come cheap - but it is a perfect and quiet base for a NY stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Dear ChelseaFC103,
Thank you very much. I am so pleased that you and your family had a “perfect” stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Chris. We hope to see you all again soon.

NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed at the Trump Soho at the suggestion of a friend. From the moment of walking in I felt welcomed and treated with first class service. The room was available for early check-in, and although it was one of the smaller rooms on the floor, it was a nice layout. Sheets were amazing, and bathroom large and very modern with much natural light. the chocolate dish that arrived as compliments was a nice touch, as was the hand written note. Breakfast was the only thing I thought was a bit expensive in the lobby restaurant--and note that they include the tip even on a single person meal, but they don't tell you. There was an error from the mini-bar--i didn't have anything and saw the charges a few days later on my Amex card-- they took care of it professionally and promptly. overall a great stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear exBostonian,
Thank you. I am so pleased that you felt that you had a first class experience with us and enjoyed the in-room amenities. Our restaurant prices are on par with others in the area. We appreciate your kind understanding about the billing mistake and are glad that it was taken care of swiftly. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

I have stayed at all of the best hotels in Manhattan and the Trump Soho stands above the rest. We stayed one night with my two children. Check-in was flawless and I appreciated the attention to detail (for example the doorman took my name when we walked into the hotel and I was greeted by name by the time we arrived at the check-in desk). My children were given a wonderful welcome bag of treats and we were shown to a beautiful one bedroom suite on the 21st floor. The room was flawless - beautiful bathroom with deep tub overlooking the city skyline, fabulous space and beautifully designed. The room service food was the best I have had - absolutely delicious. I have to also note that I appreciate the fair room price of our 1 bedroom suite. In this economy, I think it is refreshing to see a hotel be more reasonable than the overpriced 5 stars. I hope the hotel does not hike up prices as it gets out of its newlywed stage because price was a large consideration in our decision to stay at the hotel. It is very refreshing to see a hotel deliver exceptional service, beautiful rooms, and price. I am a very picky traveler and appreciate it greatly when I stay at a hotel that delivers on all fronts. Hope this review helps!

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank msinel
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 1 April 2011
Dear msinel,

Thank you very much. I am happy to hear that your children enjoyed our Trump Kids program. Your kind comments about the level of service you experienced are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the team. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Leakey, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

My best friend and I stayed in this hotel to celebrate her 40th birthday. The room was fantastic. The bed was simply divine. The lights, thermostat, and curtains were controlled by a handy remote through the television set--necessary? No, but it was really unique and added to the "posh" perfection that the Trump name is known for. Every employee we encountered was kind and went out of their way to make sure we were pleased with our stay. The food I ordered from room service was delightful. No wish, desire, or want was deemed too much by this gracious staff. The large soaker tub with a window looking out into the city was amazing--there is even a TV in the bathroom...The location is convenient to many fine restaurants and within walking distance to many shops including Dash. Just a little FYI: It is not unusual to run into a famous face ( I was pleasantly taken aback by Will Smith) while staying at the Trump Soho--considering these folks can stay anywhere they want in NYC ( monetarily speaking) and they choose the Trump is really saying something. I simply can not imagine anyone being disappointed in the service, comfort, and convenience of the superior hotel (not sure if the word hotel is valuable enough to be used as a descriptor for this stellar place).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dear connietexas,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am delighted that your experience with us was so positive and that the team was able to make your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back “home” again soon!