“An amazing hotel”

Ranked #116 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“An amazing hotel”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We arrived to celebrate our first anniversary in this hotel.

The entrance hall was very stylish and the staff were very efficient and friendly. I had booked the slightly more expensive room to get a higher room and I booked it about 4 months in advance and asked for a room as high as possible and hopefully facing the Empire State building. I think we were given about the 27th floor and the room was beautiful and had a lounge area (so was huge for NY!). The views were absolutely incredible that high up because there isn't a building nearby that is as tall so we could see from the Brooklyn Bridge all the way round to up town Manhattan. Stunning.

They had even given us a free bottle of Champagne and rose petals on the bed.

we didn't eat in the hotel because we wanted to go out and experience various eating places around NY so can't comment on breakfast or other food.

On our last day we were due to travel back to the UK but the big snow arrived and our flights were cancelled. The staff at the hotel were incredibly kind and gave us some tea and tried to help as much as they could.

You can not fault anything about this hotel it is amazing and the staff were brilliant.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear ademander,
Thank you very much. I am delighted that we were able to take part in your anniversary celebration and help to make it so special. I will share your kind thoughts with the team. We hope to welcome you back on many more happy occasions!

Best regards,
Mike Straube, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leawood, KS
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Nice hotel but agree with other reviews that the hotel is too far from the excitement of the heart of manhattan. At check in they had champagne and strawberries out but no one offered us any. Headed to pool for a drink and quick lunch. Had to get up and ask a waitress to help us get drinks. 10 minutes later a diet coke arrived. Lunch was good but service painful. Hotel lobby was frigid discussed with front desk and three days later it was still frigid. Agree with other reviewers that you couldn't even relax in lobby. We had just come from the broadmoor in Colorado which had impeccable service. Trump Chicago rocks with customer service. Trump soho needs to get some 5 star service training. May have something to do with the holiday weekend

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear golfler,
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry to hear that parts of your stay were less than perfect. We pride ourselves on our level of service, which many reviewers can attest to. I will speak to the team about your experience and look for ways in which we can improve. If proximity to Central Park, Times Square and the Theater District is important, we recommend our sister property, Trump International, located just off of Central Park. We hope to see you there in the future.

Sydney
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed here for 8 days recently whilst on business. I chose this hotel because I wanted the village lifestyle. I also wanted to avoid the bedbug infested mid-town hotels and the corridor-roaming rats in the smaller, boutique hotels. This is a really good hotel and deserving of its five stars. There were a few niggly little things (tv stopped working, wrong room service delivery etc) but I have stayed in enough hotels to know that this is to be expected with any longer hotel stay. It's actually the service that stops this hotel from getting five stars from me. While I would describe myself as an independent traveller, I still want to stay somewhere where you know that the staff would fall over themselves to make it a perfect stay. I didn't get this impression in dealing with the staff at The Trump Soho - you had to push a little to get them to act. Pity, because it's damn near perfect in every other way.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
PINNER, MIDDLESEX
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We had a great time here in August and luckily had fantastic weather too. The hotel is nicely decorated,although maybe a bit duller than I was expecting from a Donald Trump hotel. I just felt as though there was something missing. Maybe it lacked a bit in character, but then it is a fairly new hotel. It was freezing cold too in all the receiption areas and you wouldn't be comfortable sitting having a drink in the foyer without an extra layer on. The staff are all very nice and friiendly although my husband and I decided to go to the music venue in the hotel for a late night drink (not knowing it was an actual club) to be immediately approched by a girl who said that she was the bar managers girlfriend and was insisting she got us drinks. We had already decided not to stay and politely told her thanks but no thanlks, to which she got really upset and said "what the hell do these F...ing people want" which I think was a bit unnecessary. For me too this hotel is a bit far from Manhatten with the cost of cabs being 15-20 dollars each trip. I am sure there is a lot going on in soho, but it's more spread out and didn't quite appeal to my taste.

Room Tip: There is a choice of rooms either facing the Hudson river or views of Manhatten in the distance.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear IR2HELPU,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your comments about the team and the level of service you experienced. We are located in downtown Manhattan, where SoHo, Tribeca and the West Village meet. If downtown does not seem to be the right fit, we invite you to our sister property, Trump International, located off of Central Park and in close proximity to the Theater District, Times Square and Lincoln Center. We hope to see you at a Trump property again.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just checked in today for a 3 night stay. Did get upgraded to a wonderful 1 br suite for our anniversary. However, since we have walked in and out the building now 4 times, not once has anyone even acknowledged our entry to the building. Even when we arrived from the airport with our luggage. Check in was quick, but again no mention of anyone helping with luggage. After coming back from dinner, and again being ignored by the bellmen, we did get a nice welcome letter and a bottle of wine, however no turn down service as our room needed cleaning.

Overall, beautiful room and amazing views of the Empire State building, however it is the service and attention to small details things that make a true 5 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Dylim,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your kind compliments. I apologize that parts of your stay were less than perfect and will follow-up with the team about your experience. Thank you for pointing out the ways in which we can improve. We hope to welcome you back again.

north west
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just come back from an amazing weekend in Manhattan and a fabulous stay at the Trump Soho! What can I say - the room was to die for, the bed was like a princess and the pea bed, the staff exemplary, restaurant was one of the best in Soho, the view from our bath was outstanding! From start to finish our stay was fantastic and i can honestly say i'm not if any other hotel will compete with this one so will be back! Big thank you to the Trump Soho for making my 40th Birthday weekend so special!

Room Tip: tweet and facebook the hotel!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I have stayed all over the world and am used to top class luxury hotels, and I stayed here as it was 8th on the list and the 2nd best in NYC after the Chatwal. I am glad I did not pick the Chatwal as when I visited it the rooms were small and depressing and extremely overpriced for a view of a brick wall. But location is better than the trump off Times Square. When I first checked in to the Trump, I was a little disappointed as it was not top class luxury, but I soon realised when I visited more than 10 NYC hotels over my stay, that top class luxury doesn't exist and this is probably one of the best spots you can ask for. It is not a super fun or high energy hotel like the W chain which I love, but for a guaranteed class stay, I would recommend it. Also we were subjected to the hurricane and this hotel truly delivered for its guests in one of the hardest situations. A special shout out to Rodney the F&B manager who made our stay a real pleasure. On a separate note, check out the W Times Square, it has mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but if you want a fun high energy young hip hotel on Times Square, I would stay here too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear AhmadAtalla,
Thank you. We appreciate your comments about the team and the way operations were handled during the hurricane. I will share your kind words with Rodney. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,