“Good value in the city-was treated GREAT by Xin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump SoHo New York

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Good value in the city-was treated GREAT by Xin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Forgot my wallet at home, flight delayed until 11pm...needless to say I had a bad day-luckily I had my passport. Unfortunately I had no credit cards. Xin made sure my night didn't get worse- made sure I checked in without a problem and was able to charge a meal. Against the manager's suggestion...MR. Chasen please make sure Xin is recognized for taking the extra step to take care of a guest. I'll be back because of him.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TrumpS0H0NYC, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear lit71,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I will be sure to share your feedback with Xin, and I am happy he was able to turnaround your bad day. We look forward to having you back.

Mike Straube, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We arrived at 10:20am figuring that we would have to leave our bags with the concierge until the afternoon, but happily we were able to check in right away. We even got a complimentary upgrade to a king deluxe suite with a spectacular view of the New York skyline with the statue of liberty off in the distance. The room was exquisite! The bed was the softest I've ever experienced. The service was flawless. Couldn't have been more satisfied!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear JuliaGulia222,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Pendleton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Hi:
I stayed 6 nights @ Trump Soho. From the moment I entered, I was treated with prompt and courteous service. Every staff member greeted me each day. Staff were attentive but not intrusive. . The view from the room was spectacular. I am from a very small town in Eastern Oregon. I was treated with respect and was made to feel very comfortable. My needs were anticipated and met in a timely manner.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Michael B.,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our customer service. We hope we will see you again when you return to New York.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

This is an excellent property. The rooms are spacious, well designed, with every modern comfort and beautifully furnished. The staff are exceptional, and the location is adjacent to the main shopping precinct in Soho - heart of many top and local restaurants. The one bedroom suites are especially good value. The location is more relaxed than in the heart of noisy midtown, far more "cool" with all of the world's best brands located in large flagship stores all within a 10 minute walk. Subway lines are within a 1 to 6 minute easy walk.

Room Tip: The upper floor suites have a view, although the lower ones are fine.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear buster15,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the downtown location.

Scarborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

..everybody shoudl experience a stay at the Trump in SoHo at least once in their lifetime. I was on business in NYC and decided to treat myself a little would either stay at the Waldorf or the Trump. Since I've never stayed at either one, I figured I'd go with the Trump, as it seems modern and it is centrally located close to many points of interest. As you enter the premises, you immediately feel the difference. The ambience is soothing, staff are highly professional and very friendly. The rooms are clean and smell very fresh. There are some modern room-control features and various amenities, that make your stay pleasant. I can only recommend it despite the pricetag.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Dear gone_aforeign,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation of the hotel. We hope to see you in the future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Don't get me wrong, Trump Soho is a good hotel. But, it's not worth all the hype. I don't have a lot of experience in New York's "five star" hotels, but this doesn't exactly feel like five stars to me. While the hotel is within walking distance of SoHo, it seems misleading to suggest that it's in SoHo (rather, it's on Varick St, a block away from the entrance to the Holland Tunnel). The lobby is interesting and tasteful, though small. Elevator lobby feels very small. The rooms are nice, though nothing special. the bathroom is dramatic, though the shower is small, the lighting around the sink is bad, and the toilet has a cheap plastic toilet set. The window shades are electric - it literally took me about 10 min to figure out how to open them. Besides a good bed and a good shower, there is one additional basic thing that I want in a hotel room - a decent coffee maker. This hotel has Nespresso machines - not sure what's wrong with me, but I can't figure out how to work these machines (and there's no directions in the room). The TV is off to the side of the room - not well positioned for watching TV while in bed. Prior to arriving in NY, I had been at the Redbury in LA. I couldn't help but keep asking, why aren't more hotels like the Redbury?

Will I stay here again? Maybe. There's a lot of great hotels in NY, this won't be my first choice for the next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank nelsonjj
Dear nelsonjj,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am sorry to hear that parts of your stay did not exceed your expectations.

We are located in downtown Manhattan, where SoHo, Tribeca and the West Village meet. If downtown does not seem to be the right fit, we invite you to our sister property, Trump International, located off of Central Park and in close proximity to the Theater District, Times Square and Lincoln Center. We hope to see you at a Trump property again.

Kind regards,
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I chose the Trump soho to celebrate my 21st with my mum at and I wasn't disappointed! Upon arriving, we were checked in promptly, and received a complimentary upgrade to a one-bedroom corner suite on the 23rd floor. We were offered the opportunity to upgrade to the 36th floor for $89 per night, but to be honest, the views from the room were fantastic at that height anyway. From one side (and from the bath too) we had incredible views of midtown and the empire state building and from the other the hudson river. As well as this, we received a complimentary amenity of delicious chocolate covered strawberries and prosecco when we arrived! Very nice touch.

The bellman took us through the controls in the room when our bags were brought up as we were having a little trouble and we soon got the hang of it. The rooms were incredibly spacious and well-appointed with a great nespresso machine and amazing beds! Honestly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Despite usually having problems sleeping, I was asleep not long after my head hit the pillow.

We had breakfast included in our room rate, which served in the cafe and was very nice and the service always delightful and a lovely start to the day. The chocolate birthday cake my mum ordered was also extremely tasty (although unfortunately housekeeping took it away before we'd eaten it all).

The only thing that was a bit of a shame was that I didn't get to use my reflexology massage included in the retail therapy package as the spa seemed to be super busy that weekend! But that didn't really detract from our stay.

Both my mum and I would like to say a huge thank you to our attache agents Jeff and Sara and to the front agent Gabriella who made our stay and my birthday really amazing! All staff were incredibly helpful, especially the doormen when it came to things like directions. Will definitely stay here again. My parents are even looking into spending their silver anniversary here.

Room Tip: Corner suites have incredible views and the higher the floor, the better
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica C
Dear Jessica C.,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your 21st. I will be sure to share your comments with Jeff, Sara and Gabriella, along with the rest of the staff. We look forward to your return, and would welcome your parents for their silver anniversary.

Kind regards,